Qualcomm Systems Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Systems Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview following an employee referral. They only test your knowledge not your skills or thinking process. It was a 45 min interview with only 10 min asking about my research.

Interview Questions

• How negative numbers are stored and how to calculate the 2's compliment   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

It was phone interview. It took about 30 minutes. Firstly, the interviewer asked me about projects I worked on. I explained contents and we had discussion about the ptojects. Then, the interviewer asked some technical questions.

I choose another company

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online, HR contacted me and informed me that there would be an engineer contacting me for phone interview. After the first round interview, the there was second round interview

Interview Questions

• First round interview just some basic questions about my resume, last about 30 mins   Answer Question
    • Second phone interview lasts 1 hour, more technical details about my project in the resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in China, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (China, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Relaxing, funny. Hiring manager is so kindly, and just like a chat during the interview. It makes me willing to work in this company. We had a great time during the interview. Hopefully I have the chance to work in this company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted application through the company career site. After 3 weeks, got email notification to set up a phone interview appointment. The phone interview was all about the projects and works showed on the resume. The interviewer was really friendly and smart.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. One month later I had phone interview invitation, following onsite interview. The engineers asked technical questions related to wireless communications, probability theory and my previous projects. Since I am recent PhD graduate, they want me to make a 1 hour presentation to the team in the morning before one-to-one interviews start.

Interview Questions

• Basic probability questions, multi access transmission schemes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview, took about 30 minutes, asking about projects I have done in my resume.
    Next interview which took place in about one week after first one, was about some basic knowledge of the communication background

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

Interview

two phone interview. process took 4 weeks. in the phone interview i was asked about my resume and some technical questions. the phone interviews were relatively easy . then I was invited to onsite interview with 5 senior managers. I was not able to answer all the questions. the position was more optimization engineer.

Interview Questions

• coherent bandwidth, coherent time, pilot pollution, degree of uptilt downtilt, which is better qpsk or qam?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for a position. Six months later, a HR contacted me set up a next-day interview. Nice hiring manager. Five or six problems on the phone. Some basic communication theory questions. Including channel modeling, capacity calculation and channel characteristics. Kinda hard to catch the problems because of being nervous. But frankly speaking, those questions are not that hard.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.