Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview is with the Talent Specialist and then a final interview is with the Regional Director. I met with the Talent Specialist on campus who asked to fill out the assessment online with the application. Then a phone or in person interview with the Talent Specialist first then the final interview is with the Regional Director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Red Lobster?   3 Answers
    • What talents will you bring to the table to make Red Lobster better?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 15-20 years?   1 Answer

Certified Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Red Lobster (West Bradenton, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Math test, bar test, customer satisfaction quizzes, and lots of old videos. Liked the eating part :) learning different types of seafood.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

the was none

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

I was grouped with a few other candidates, we were interviewing for various positions (waitstaff, bartender, host) We did a few menu tests, interviews with the gm, and for the most part it was easier because you had people going through the same process as you.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good sales person?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Red Lobster?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Lansdale, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got an e-mail about a week later asking me to call if I was interested in being interviewed. I call to set up an appointment. Two other people were actually sent home because of visible tattoos (against policy).

I was interviewed and offered a Hostess position and was told I would stay here until I worked my way up as a waiter (which could take up to 6 months or 2 weeks).

Interview Questions

• Questions were very simple. What so you want to work here. Tell is about yourself. If I could suggest something it would be to really put your personality on display. They want someone who customers will love and if they don't think you are that person in the interview, they probably wont consider you.   1 Answer

I was offered a different position than applied for

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Montgomery, AL) in February 2009.

Interview

They are very friendly and professional,offered drinks and food during the application process, I had to take a math test which told me they were very thorough about the employees being able to handle money, I left after the application and math test. I was then called for my first interview with the assistant manager they asked questions regarding my past experience and how to handle some customer situations that can arise the assistant manager then got up and got the general manager for the final interview which was similar questioning just different scenarios. We shook hands then I was told to come back the nex day to start orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• If you were off work and hanging out with some of your co workers and one of them said that they had taken some extra money from the drawer would you still say something to the manager the next day or would you just avoid the situation?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It was a smooth phase the pay was fair and benefits were good as well.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I first met with a shift manager and then when I got a second interview that was with the general manager. Both were 30-45 minutes in length. They were extremely welcoming but also showed that they were serious.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite food dish to me from your previous restaurant   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sterling Heights, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple, first met with the service manager, then came back the next day and met the general manager. The questions were about values, work ethic, and teamwork. The process is a little different now, as you must go to the web site and fill out job application along with answer personality quiz.

Interview Questions

• Did I feel teamwork is essential to the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Sherman, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I was asked to describe random items on the menu to "sell it". Which was only difficult because it was a bunch of stuff I have never had.
    After I began training on the job, they require you memorize a huge list of things you need to make a mini speech to your customers before you even take their order. (and the management is always right around the corner listening to everything you say/didn't say) Most customers would cut me off and not let me finish, and management would get onto me for not finishing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you are very busy and have a customer who is being difficult?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Port, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (North Port, FL).

Interview

Applied online and was called in to have an interview. Brought my resume and chatted briefly with manager. Was asked about previous serving and bartending experience. Short and sweet. Was hired on the spot.

Waitress Interview

Interview

I put in application later got called in for an interview. I interviewed with the manager and was told I got the job. It wasn't a long process. The manager was very friendly.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Usually filling out an application online or in the restaurant suffices; call several days later to check on your application and to secure an interview. Dress well and show your willingness to work in a team-oriented environment. Show how well you can sell - chief items are drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Utilize your personality; show that you are approachable and can handle sudden or unexpected changes with mental and emotional flexibility.

Interview Questions

• They gave me five minutes to pick an appetizer and drink to sell to them as if I were a waitress and they were customers. Think quickly and focus on buzzwords.   Answer Question