Red Lobster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview is with the Talent Specialist and then a final interview is with the Regional Director. I met with the Talent Specialist on campus who asked to fill out the assessment online with the application. Then a phone or in person interview with the Talent Specialist first then the final interview is with the Regional Director.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview. I was then set up for a video interview and then a director called me for a face to face. I then had a second face to face and then was offered a position by the recruiter who I had the phone interview with.

Interview Questions

• What do I love about the business?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Diego, CA).

Interview

applied online and then got a phone call to schedule an interview. Interview with general manager about 10mins he just asked questions more about myself like what i like to do in my free time and about previous jobs

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Kennewick, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was very simple, he took me to a table, asked me the questions, he asked me for my parent/school authorization (only for minors) and finally he went to another room to talk with a GM and hired me on the spot. It was extremely simple and he was a nice guy and made a couple jokes to ease the tension.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of your hobbies.   1 Answer
    • Why did you like working at the food bank (or your most recent job)?   1 Answer
    • What is your definition of team work?   1 Answer
    • What didn't I like about my previous job (food bank)?   1 Answer
    • How could I provide a satisfying experience for the customer, from a dishwashing perspective?   1 Answer
    • Can you work till midnight on Friday and Saturday and 11 PM on weekdays.   1 Answer
    • Do I have reliable tranportation?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a call a day later. Had a phone interview with the general manager and he scheduled me to come in for an interview the next day. Went in and briefly talked to the general manager. He basically asked me questions about school, my current job, and my work experience. He asked how much I wanted to make and why I left previous jobs. From there, I interviewed with the assistant manager who was not so friendly and asked my why I want to be a hostess and would I be able to deal with different personalities. I answered every questioned and did not fold under pressure. After speaking with him, he asked for my license and social security card. He walked to the back to make a copy and asked me to come back Monday to do paperwork.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster.

Interview

Met with two different managers who interview you back to back. The first interview was about 5 questions and after interviewing the manager left to tell me they would get the general manager. I interviewed with them and was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength as an employee? Why do you think you are right for this job? What are the most important qualities of a food server?   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

The process was very easy I applied online and waited about two days and called them and scheduled a interview they wanted me to come in the same day and I did unfortunately I was very nervous but was able to calm down and everything went well

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Quick, seemed as if decision was made before I came in, said I needed more experience but they had that information before the interview. Another girl was getting interviewed at the same time and it was fun and light and lasted longer, started before and ended after. I do not think it was unfair, but I do think they should not interview if they already made up their mind.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Casper, WY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied on a Monday heard back the next day by an email saying they would like to schedule a interview. I called the next day, had interview the following day, it was an easy interview more scenario questions than anything got interview by two managers one right after the other, got hired on the spot and started work the following week on a Tuesday

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and a co worker had a disagreement?
      What does customer priority mean to you?
      What does teamwork mean to you?
      What kind of person would you hire if you were a manager?
      What is a key factor in a nice restaurant?   Answer Question

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Mishawaka, IN).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received an email a few weeks later saying they want to interview me for the position and call within the next 2 days between 1-4 and ask for a manager. I called at 3 PM excited to set up an interview. When the manager got on the phone, he told me they were too busy to talk and to call back another day. I began to ask what time or day works best, but he hung up on me before I could finish my sentence.

The manager felt very rude to me, as he didn't tell me what day or time to call back. He didn't take my name or phone number to call me back. They wanted an interview, but didn't want to treat me well.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Angelo, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online originally for a serving assistant/busser. A few days later I received an email asking to call to set up an interview. Before calling myself, I received a call from the manager and I scheduled an interview appointment that day. When I got there, I told the hostess about my appointment and she directed me to an empty table to wait for the manager. Within 5 minutes the manager came and introduced herself. She then explained that I could interview for a hostess position because that's what she was mainly looking for and because they didn't use bussers anymore. Of course, I agreed and said I would love to interview for a hostess job because that's what I wanted as well. She had papers and wrote notes about all my answers. She was friendly but also seemed like she was busy. She asked very generic questions about myself, availability and any experience I had. I've only done child care and tutoring jobs so I didn't have a lot to say. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes total and went by really quickly. She stated at the end that she had many others to interview and I would receive a call back the next day if I got the job. I did receive a call back on the next day from the manager, but it was only to confirm my availability. Never got the call that I wanted and a few weeks later I got an email saying I didn't get the job. As it was my first experience doing an interview for a part-time job, it well quite well and was definitely a learning experience even though I didn't get the job.