KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Red Lobster Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 755 of over 755 interviews

2.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Red Lobster

Red Lobster

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview

Easy and relaxed interview process, didn’t work out because I said I didn’t want to work holidays. Later found out they’re already closed for major holidays… wish that would’ve been specified

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to work holidays
    Answer Question

Red Lobster

Application

I interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview

Interviewed with two different managers on experience and they gave information on the company and opportunities. I was shown around the front and back of the house during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Have you served in a restaurant before?

What people are saying about Red Lobster

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

works at

EY

Is anyone not from the US? When did you get used to American food? I have been here for quite long but I still mostly eat Asian food (Chinese Indian Japanese Korean Thai Vietnamese in alphabetical order) so in the South, it was difficult to find good spots. Then I went to some of the established chains (Apple Bee’s Red Lobster Cheesecake Factory etc) and realized there wasn’t much for me to order. What would be a good way to get used to American food that most Americans eat?

72 Comments

Join the conversation on

Red Lobster

Application

I interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview

20 minutes face to face interview + ask about previous experience (if possible) + ask about available schedule 2 weeks of training and to learn about the menu done a bit earlier than usual at Red Lobster

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Lobster

Application

I interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview

Great process. Easy and fast, and I got the job on the spot. Managers were very nice and did not make me feel nervous in the slightest. Which was helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Lobster

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Red Lobster

Interview

it was fun and engaging. Though a little easy since i got a referral. They did not ask me too much questions just about my status in the US. other than that, they trained me the next day about being a server's assistant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Red Lobster

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster in Mar 2022

Interview

Easy. Not too much questions asked. Some were really bizarre though. They wanted me to picture someone who made me mad and then roleplay it. Oh well. Very strange but got the job. I guess.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Red Lobster (New York, NY) in Mar 2022

Interview

Interviewed by 2 different managers and it was an hour long process. First manager was excited and told me I had the job. Second manager kept checking his watch and told me he had many other people to Interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Louisville, KY) in Feb 2022

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an interview in a couple days. I went in knowing I had no serving experience but have worked in fast paced demanding organizations. Hired on the spot after chatting with management.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Red Lobster (Chula Vista, CA)

Interview

Not good 2 managers one I knew as we were both lead cooks at another establishment. Had other interviews that day went back to red Lobster in Santa Maria. The manager wasn't in called his cell.No call back called red Lobster twice asked by name to busy to call me back why bother...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Red Lobster (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Welcomed with a handshake and smiles. There was an immediate introduction. They asked clear and descriptive questions about myself, my prior restaurant experience and situational questions. It was a smooth process overall.

Interview Questions
  • What was a difficult situation you found yourself in with your last serving experience
Viewing 1 - 10 of 755 Interviews

Red Lobster Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Red Lobster as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.14 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Hostess and Host/Hostess rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Server and Server/Waiter roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Red Lobster takes an average of 9 days when considering 842 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Server had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Host/Hostess roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 12 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Red Lobster according to 842 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 38.11%