Sears Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sears Software Developer Interview Questions

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears in April 2016.

Interview

Approached recruiter via email, got set up with a live coding, over the phone technical interview. The interview itself was very straightforward, I would review standard Java/OOP concepts (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.), and common data structures, such as ArrayList, HashMap, LinkedLists, etc. and know how to implement each one.

After I completed my interview, I was called the next morning with an offer. In the end, I declined because of a lack of good housing options. I calculated that I would be spending around 50% of my salary on housing. If Sears provided a housing stipend or intern housing, I'm sure they would attract more candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between overriding and overloading?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sears

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears in September 2014.

Interview

Started at career fair, I was selected on campus and I had two rounds of interview, qualified, and then after a week I got a call from HR for the on site interview Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Write code for linked list, how do you find the winner of the tic tac toe game. Implement stack using interface. How will you design the job portal using servlets, jsp and database   Answer Question
    • They gave me a situation, for the current problem in the company and asked me to implement how will I implement the data structure based on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

4 rounds of onsite interview after initial HR call

Interview Questions

• Write program for Binary search.   Answer Question
    • write a program to reverse string. write a program to find first non repeating letter from the string. what is the good thing about IE. explain linked list. What is servlet.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sears in October 2013.

Interview

2 back to back, on-campus interviews, 3 rounds onsite.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

met at university job fair, met with recruiter. Recruiter was professional and friendly. Then a technical interview was arranged. The technical interview was done poorly but the questions were not difficult. She did not seem very friendly but it may have just been that day . I did not make it past this stage but there would have been 2 more interviews after.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears (Pune (India)).

Interview

hired for ror, all algo related questions

Software Developer Interview

Interview

group discussion
    technical
    HR round

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sears (Pune (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interveiw questions were quite simple which consistsa basic knowledge of Core Java and other framework like struts, Spring etc.

Bets part, within given time I need to design one system for problem gien on the spot. This is the time to shine and showcase yourself different than others.

Best of Luck.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Pune (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

First of all HR people seems to be very very bad at speaking english. No manners. and technical interviewer was like having having fix set of questions and answers. if you try to give practical answers his face expression tell he didn't understand answer so please you need to give bookish answer only. All questions can be found in websites he just copied them and was asking. I recommend please don't join this company as you will find lots of stupid people around you.

Interview Questions

Got a chance to talk with friend already working in company. She highly recommended not to join this company at any cost as everybody in company is frustrated because of Management.