Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
2,530 Interview Reviews

2.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

no one was in the office when I went, I had to wait a very long time before I got attended. Once I did, i was told the position was already full. I didnt even get a chance

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Bismarck, ND).

Interview

Was brought in front of my dept manager, and was asked general questions: hobbies, goals, where do I see myself in x years, why do I want to work here, etc... Afterwards, had another interview with the store manager who asked a few things about my experience with sales, and toured the building with me.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Midland, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I did not even get a chance to interview. When I showed up at my scheduled time, the manager didn't know I was coming and was on a conference call. I was told that I would have to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because there was no interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Since I had no previous experience in retail, the interview process was mostly assessing my personality and moral standing. A manager ended up walking in towards the end of my interview and gave me an orientation for working in the shoe department.

Backroom Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and about a week or two later I got an email from a manager saying they want to interview me.
    Interview was simple and easy. Didn't take too long either. Manager said he would email or call me the following Monday. Monday came and I didn't get anything so I emailed him back on Tuesday. No response. Gave him Wednesday to respond. Nothing. I emailed him again Thursday. No response. Weird how he has responded to my emails before, but now he decides to ignore me. I dropped it after I sent the two emails but got no reply.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview was easy I was apply for a seasonal position so the manager I was interviewed by just wanted to know when I was available and not a slacker

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure or difficult situations?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. The interview took about 30 minutes HR phone interview. Then technical interview for basic Java , sql, Software Development Life Cycle , work experience,

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

After applying, I received an email 3 days later regarding scheduling an interview at the store. Two days later, I received a call saying I was hired and was immediatley emailed paperwork to fill out electronically.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

The interview process was easy and quick but it took some time to get called and to
    set up the interview dates. There was only one in-person interview and consisted of meeting the director, supervisor and co-workers and taking a translation test.

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Valley Stream, NY).

Interview

The interview process is simple. They ask basic interview questions about your experience with customer service, working as a team, etc. I recommend that you prepare questions to ask the interviewer about the job as it shows true interest in the job and you would also know what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when a colleague needed assistance working on a project and how did you assist them without neglecting your job duties.   Answer Question