Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,399 Interview Reviews

2.3

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Apologies in advance for my vague responses. I genuinely like the people I interviewed with on a personal level and do not want to embarrass them. The process was a series of back-to-back individual interviews. This was probably the oddest interview experience I've ever encountered. The interviewers had very little interest in discussing my skills, experience or accomplishments. None of the trendy behavioral interview questions were posed. Questions to evaluate my strategic philosophies were also shelved. The vast majority of questions were word problems and inane brain teasers that had nothing to do with the role. The interview itself was not difficult in the traditional sense, as they were hung up on the intricacies of the brain teasers.

The forward-looking philosophical direction shared with me will not work, thought it was not clear that the interviewers realized it. The direction is being pursued with great vigor since it came down from the top. I was looking for the fire alarm half-way through the second interview. I did not receive an offer and would have declined it if I had.

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview process was very good and manager was very polite and respectful.I was asked typical questions in a job interview like prior job experience, how I was with customers, how I would prioritize work, how I would deal with irate customers, experience with a register, experience with tv's and electronics.

Interview Questions

• How are you with customers?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Take your time and be prepared. Personality and math questions are the most common. Don't lie agree or disagree and Keep things simple but relevant. Business casual is fine just be prepared for several steps in the process

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

There wasn't really an interview, they just asked me to come in and explained what was expected of me. I had asked for a cashier job but was offered a Sales job, which I was told would be 8.75 an hour. What they didn't tell me was after my training was done, my hourly pay would go down to 4 dollars an hour and commission. Pretty shady if you ask me. It also took maybe two or three weeks to finally be schedule and begin working, but they offered no explanation as to why.

Interview Questions

• They briefly asked about my past employment, but not much else.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I applied through a third party website and was contacted by a senior recruiter and asked to apply, again, on their corporate website. The recruiter also told me to be on the lookout for an assessment email.

Spent hours applying, again, and taking the detailed assessment just to hear absolutely nothing back - not even an automated "we have moved on" email. If this is how Sears treats its candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

After reading other reviews it sounds like this is Sears' common practice - I will not be applying for this organization again.

Interview Questions

• Please fill out the application on our corporate site and take the assessment.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview and I decided to call back. While waiting to call back I asked the lady to pull up my resume. 1) She couldn't find it even though I spelled my name to her 2) When I asked her the regarding policy for the drug testing (Not mentioned in the application when I applied) I asked her what Sears policy was on drugs and if they handled their drug testing at a federal or state level. She scoffed at me. Literally laughed over the phone like I was joking and I felt pretty perplexed at such a response. At her response before she even bothered talking again I felt pretty disinterested in her lack of professionalism at the question. I told her I didn't want to pursue to follow the screening into the group interview they had coming up afterwards.

I felt like it could have gone better, but I believe Sears should take some time to teach their employees to be more professional. Even had I not been using a Medical card or not, the level of professionalism was sub-par to poor. Not impressed.

Policy and Procedure Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

It was a standard interview with standard interview questions. The interview was conducted by two managers.One was in person, the other was by conference call. The interviw lasted approximately 30-45 minutes.

Softlines Support Lead Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Got an email from a Sears recruiter with links for available positions and to email back after I've submitted the aplication
    Applied online including an assesment which took quite some time and had notified the recruiter about my application. He obviously did not realise that I have a job and that I am not available during the times he would call leaving me a message to call back. When I would call back, I would always get his voicemail. I asked him severeal times to send me an email with questions he might have for me but he kept on returning my calls at the wrong times instead of shedule a time for a phone interview. Very unprofessional attitude.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

When I applied 5 years ago it was a different set up from what it is today. Now days you deal with a market recruiter with no Human Resources in the store. One interview will be with your direct manager and the second will be with the store manager. Overall process can be lengthy, especially if you've moved a lot, then the background check can take a while.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caguas, PR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Caguas, PR).

Interview

They ask you about the things that you can bring to the company. How do you work in group. The interview is very professional and organized. The process is not difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is your vision for this company?   1 Answer