Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017
2,428 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Brief, really just filling this out so glassdoor will let me see their info they try hiding until you fill some things out. Take this all with a grain of salt. Pay no attention to it. It means nothing.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

I was interviewed 3 times in 1 day. First by the head of HR, then the Floor Manager, then the Store Manager. I was told that I would never get benefits, never be full-time, but that i could "creatively" run the floor,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here when you are obviously over qualified?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

I was taken into a small room and we basically reviewed most of the information on my resume. They asked about me, like if I have any hobbies or where my family was from.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

Done over the phone with a recruiter, and then brief interview with sales manager. We spent about 20 minutes together, and then I was offered the position. The whole process from start to finish was about 45 minutes.

Staff Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears.

Interview

It was good there was 3 round of interview. They took a long time to schedule interviwe and a lot of time in negotiating salasry. They could have saved time in negotiation

Interview Questions

• Why you want to join Sears?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Aventura, FL).

Interview

The interview process took over two hours. I didn't start my interview until about 30 minutes after the orignal time. I had two interviews, so I had to wait until the lead cashier was available and that took forever since they were under staffed.

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

Apologies in advance for my vague responses. I genuinely like the people I interviewed with on a personal level and do not want to embarrass them. The process was a series of back-to-back individual interviews. This was probably the oddest interview experience I've ever encountered. The interviewers had very little interest in discussing my skills, experience or accomplishments. None of the trendy behavioral interview questions were posed. Questions to evaluate my strategic philosophies were also shelved. The vast majority of questions were word problems and inane brain teasers that had nothing to do with the role. The interview itself was not difficult in the traditional sense, as they were hung up on the intricacies of the brain teasers.

The forward-looking philosophical direction shared with me will not work, thought it was not clear that the interviewers realized it. The direction is being pursued with great vigor since it came down from the top. I was looking for the fire alarm half-way through the second interview. I did not receive an offer and would have declined it if I had.

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview process was very good and manager was very polite and respectful.I was asked typical questions in a job interview like prior job experience, how I was with customers, how I would prioritize work, how I would deal with irate customers, experience with a register, experience with tv's and electronics.

Interview Questions

• How are you with customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

There wasn't really an interview, they just asked me to come in and explained what was expected of me. I had asked for a cashier job but was offered a Sales job, which I was told would be 8.75 an hour. What they didn't tell me was after my training was done, my hourly pay would go down to 4 dollars an hour and commission. Pretty shady if you ask me. It also took maybe two or three weeks to finally be schedule and begin working, but they offered no explanation as to why.

Interview Questions

• They briefly asked about my past employment, but not much else.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Take your time and be prepared. Personality and math questions are the most common. Don't lie agree or disagree and Keep things simple but relevant. Business casual is fine just be prepared for several steps in the process