State Street Professional Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Professional Development Program Interview Questions

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. The interview only lasted five minutes as I was discarded for needing visa sponsorship, even though the company states that they are an equal opportunity employer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

My process was a bit different since I was a prior intern. Went through a couple of informal interviews and wrote two brief essays on simple behavioral-based questions. Final interview was with three VP's. I gave a ten minute prepared presentation, and then was asked questions for 30 minutes. I received an offer three days later.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

First round on campus and the final around was a visit to their Boston office. HR department is very disorganized, I was notified of my final round interview only 2 days beforehand and I asked for another time but I was told that I would not be able to interview for this position if I didn't take this interview slot. I interviewed for the Investment Management Services track of the PDP. I was eventually given an offer after waiting for over a month after my interview. My offer was eventually revoked because of my citizenship despite the fact that they continue to advertise that they are non-discriminatory of citizenship, nationality, etc. Needless to say it was a very disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions on a case about a company looking to outsource in order to cut down on costs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The first interview was only 30 minutes long - very informal. they just wanted to know about your past experiences and a couple of other behavioural questions like why state street, why this program, etc

Interview Questions

• 1- Tell us about a time you were influenced by the people around you.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State Street in October 2015.

Interview

On-campus interview in October. I was told they will tell me about the next steps in two weeks. After constantly following up for two months, they send me an email in the end of December asking if I was still interested. After replying yes, they said I was being considered for a different role and will let me know withing two weeks. Another two months passed by and finally, in February end, they decided not to go ahead with my application.

I had given any hopes of a response quite early since I read a few other reviews similar to mine on Glassdoor. I know two other students from school who had the same experience.

Pretty unprofessional for a firm as big as this.

Professional Development Program Interview

Interview

It was a first round interview and conducted on phone. I was interviewed by a current employer and she asked mainly basic behavioral questions. The interview was about 20 minutes.

Professional Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting program and had a 1 on 1 interview on campus. Interview process wen pretty smoothly overall. There were no technical questions and the interviewer was really friendly and encouraged to stay in touch

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions for example, 'Tell me about how you transitioned to college life."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Extremely long and very inefficient process. It took me longer than 5 months. I went through a first round interview, which went extremely well, and was told to expect a 2nd round call back. After following up, I found out that the details of my 1st round had been lost & I had to re-do the 1st round interview with another interviewer. Again, was told to expect a 2nd round call back after a good interview, but didn't receive a 2nd interview despite proceeding to the 2nd round. Very inconsistent process, extremely inefficient, and company shows no consideration for candidates' time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for State Street? What are your long term career objectives? What do you hope to gain from the PDP?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Friendly hiring staff. Will keep you informed on interview decision frequently. The recruiter was frank about where I stood in the application process. Its important to practice behavioral questions and basic tell me about yourself questions

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Decent interview. Questions based on education and past experience. Friendly interviewers and great downtown location. There weren't too many rounds. They just assess your personality and how you would fit in the team.