State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.6

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Got call first to set up an interview time, around 20 minutes. Then got on site interview with manager for around one hour. After 2 weeks got offer. All behavior question and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself, strength, weakness. Pay rate requirement, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied this job through my college. First, I had an interview at school. And then, I had another interview at State Street with two managers at the same time.

Project Support Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Quick in person interview at the company's middle/back-end office in Copley Place. Spent most of time sharing my experiences and learning about the position that I was applying for. Nothing too complex.

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I was referred to a specific recruiter by a current employee. That recruiter and I emailed back and forth a few times to set up a time and date for my phone screening. That date came around and an entirely different recruiter called me, saying that the one I'd been in contact with was unavailable. We had the most bare-bones phone screening I've ever experienced and they were the most annoyed and tired sounding interviewer I've ever had. There was absolutely no enthusiasm or energy in their voice and they seemed to loudly sigh. It sounded like they were dragged to work in chains that morning and forced to call me. They asked me five yes or no questions then "Why do you want to work at State Street?" and "Where and what roles are you interested in?" before concluding by stating they'd send my information out to their hiring managers. This all sounded good and I was soon offered an interview, but travelling to the interview would be at my own cost, which was a bit off-putting considering the extremely low pay the phone interviewer quoted.
    I then attempted to inquire if that pay was the training pay or final pay and the recruiter I originally spoke to refused to answer me via email several times, claiming that we absolutely had to have a discussion over the phone about it. I said that wouldn't be a problem and said I was free for the call time they suggested.
    That call time came and went and they never called me. I waited for some sort of response from them for several hours and nothing came, so I decided to email the hiring manager who offered an interview to ask about the salary since the recruiter was reacting so oddly to my simple question and seemingly checked out on me. Not ten minutes passed after I sent that email before the recruiter replied, in the email chain to the hiring manager, to rudely say that we had to have a phone call to discuss my question and that they were personally considering having my interview cancelled until I spoke to them.
    I was extremely taken aback and reminded them that I told them I would make myself available for the time they'd suggested the day before and they were the one who decided not to call me or even email me beforehand to tell me they wouldn't be calling or email me afterwards to tell me why they didn't or say when we could reschedule. I then said that they could go right ahead and cancel my interview and completely withdraw my application. If their hiring personnel, one of the company's public faces and the people who induct potential employees, are so rude and unprofessional that says a lot about the professionalism the company maintains and how much they respect employees. This certainly gave me a negative impression of the company overall and erased my interest in them.

Interview Questions

• Will you require sponsorship to work here?   1 Answer

Cash Processing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

It was a Internship so it wasn't long. Prepared my resume and sent it to the corporation. And within a few weeks I interviewed with one of the managers. And a week later received an offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

The interview process was average. The interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. I asked some question about State Street, the person did not know how to answer me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and even pleasant. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and spoke with a calm even tone. We sat and spoke to one another as equals.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it to reach a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received offer for phone interview about a week later. Behavioral and extracurricular activity questions. Lasted around 30 min. Also gave an overview of the company and what you will expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you improved the efficiency of a system   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

i was let know in an email that I had been selected for the first round of phone interviews. the first interview was with an HR person. the second round of interviews was with the actual department I would be interning in. (the second interview was supposed to be in person but I did a phone call because I was at college unable to come to the office). some critical thinking questions, questions about my academic and work experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain one time you had a lot of deadlines to meet and you worked to get complete them all efficiently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Expected to be 30 minutes. Declined after 2 minutes due to visa sponsorship (even though it is not required for the Summer Internship position. Ignored the potential of the candidate and over and ended abruptly