Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied on school career fair and got an on-campus interview. Began with a brief introduction. Asked a few questions about the projects and working experience on my resume. Need to explain projects in details. Two coding questions. Need to write code on paper. Interview is about 30 minutes.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview in which I was asked non-technical and past project questions. I was asked about team/collaborative developing and how I have worked with others in the past. The interviewer was friendly and the screening was just half an hour.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Terribly slow recruiter. It was obvious they were not on top of things. Trying to set up a simple recruiter screening was a month of delayed responses, canceled schedules, followed up with no response to the point that I just gave up.
    This being the first interaction with a company, this reflects really poorly on them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The total process took 2 weeks. Total 4 rounds happened and one with hiring manager. The interview responses were positive but hiring manager was a bit skeptical my current salary and role in my current org.

This things were already discussed with HR prior begining the process, if that salary or designation is a blocker, they should not have proceeded with my candidature.

That would save both our time.

Information Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

For the interview, I applied to about 10-15 roles online on the Visa website. From there I was contacted for a recruiter for 1 role. We agreed upon an interview time and then I received a call from the director of Information Security.

Interview Questions

• How have you developed your security skills, whether coursework/self study.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

This was the most time consuming interview process that took several weeks. They were not considerate of my time. I interviewed with over nine people and most of them were unprepared.

Executive Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with several people in one visit. Every interviewer was distracted, unprepared, and late. They all asked the exact same questions. Every single one. The most basic/generic questions. One interviewer texted and checked emails. One interviewer asked if I had experience, giving away she didn't read my resume. Most disappointing was the team leader. She left room to take a call! This was an unwelcoming team and dry interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Phone interview with HR -- arranged another phone interview with Hiring Manager through the phone. But hadn't moved to next step after that. The interview was easy. know some of your backgrounds. some questions of your skill sets.

Interview Questions

• have you ever used Power Point ?
      are you interviewing anywhere else that I should be aware of?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

First round was Hackerrank Coding Test in which there were two questions asked.
    After two days, I received mail for next rounds. There was two phone interviews after that.
    both of half hour each.
    Their recruiter was really quick to respond to everything. I was really impressed with their interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about resume. Know your resume in and out.   1 Answer

Junior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview was conducted at my university. The person who interviewed me was a junior software engineer at the company. He asked me a series of basic questions related to front end web development. After the interview and a couple of weeks later, I was told that I was not getting further considered for the position. However, they were going to consider me for another unspecified position under a different hiring manager. And if they were interested in me, they would reach out. As of right now, I am not expecting to hear back from them

I wasn't really expecting them to interview me for this position. Though I went with it anyways.

The first recruiter I was in touch with had been very accessible. He gave me is work phone number so that I could text him for updates.