Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I have had numerous interviews this past few months. Visa was one of the worse.

Overall disorganized. Interviewer refusing to turn on his camera while video conferencing (and giving a lame excuse that his camera was broken). It’s just disrespectful.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Very bad. Disorganized, lots of ego, zero communication or follow up prior to or post interview. Long drawn out process. Very amateurish and would have expected more out of a company the size and maturity of Visa.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Recruiter said they wanted me on the team. Then kept dragging me along only to tell me the position no longer existed even after emailing weekly with updates on the status on moving forward.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX).

Interview

Invited to the job fair to apply and talk about opportunities. Recruiter, manager or HR was not present. Interviews conducted by various engineers, even recent graduates, for different roles. It was hard to tell who was interviewing for what roles. Few asked me to go talk to someone else. Not clear if there was any interest, or what the next steps would be. New graduates and junior programmers seems to be more lucky.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone call and technical round.
    Hackerrank round with 2 questions based on Data Structures and Algorithm.
    3 round of technical - Onsite
    One with hiring manager on problem solving.
    Behavioral interview with other members of the team.
    Generic questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was a great experience interviewing with the hiring manager. She was very open and descriptive about the job requirements and skill-sets they are looking for. Overall it was a good experience.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews, one with hiring manager, one with sr. director. First one was an informational interview, second was more of a resume screening. You're grilled on academic projects, work experience, technical skill level.. Didn't get offer.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Applied on Visa's smartrecruiter page. Was contacted within a day with a hacker-rank challenge (2 questions, 90 minutes). That was followed by a 30-minute behavioral interview with the manager then an hour long technical interview with two senior engineers in the deparment. I was kept updated quiet frequently by the HR team and recieved a rejection email about a month after the technical interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

1) Hackerrank 120 minutes (1 Leetcode medium one easy)
    2) Phone Interview with Lead (Discussion about Java and topics from my resume).
    3) Skype Interview with Chief Software Engineer and directors. (2 rounds).

Chief Software Engineer was one of the uncivil people I have ever encountered . Doesn't know how to dry run a code I had to tell him where the recursion ends and how it ends.
    Interview (His video was turned off):
    Me: Hi <his name>
    Him: Ok so you know my name let's start.
    What is DAG (I told him what is DAG).
    Okay, you leave it to remove a node from a BST. I wrote the 80% of the code. He Stopped me in the middle and said you leave it just insert the node for me.
    I asked him if there was something wrong with removal code. He got offended and said do you really think this will work. I explained my thinking and did a dry run of the code which he was not able to understand and interrupted a lot and then said yes this will work.
    Then he said we just have 10 minutes solve a SQL question for me I wrote the query. He said that's not how we write it. HR will get back to you bye.

If you have such a high ego then please don't take interviews.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and he scheduled an interview for later that week. The recruiter never called during our agreed upon time. Hours later he emailed me and asked if I had any availability for later in the day. I respond and never hear back from him. He then calls during my available time slot...Ok. We have a good conversation and he schedules me to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager calls a half hour late. At this point, I'm not too excited about the company. I talk with her and she asks me to submit a case study. Guess what, I never hear back.

This is by far the worst interview experience I've ever participated in. I'm not sure why I even kept going. So many red flags. I would advise looking elsewhere. There are better companies out there that at least have the respect to keep an appointment and communicate with you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you're working on that requires creativity?   Answer Question