Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Easy but touch up on SQL. Excel and Tableau are very important. You need to know Hadoop also. Teams are nice but you need to know your stuff cause they don't have time to train you.

Interview Questions

• How to measure growth effectively?   1 Answer

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

There was an technical interview and then a coding challenge, oddly in that order. The man interviewing was professional, helpful, and easy to talk to. Coding challenge was quite difficult.

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and then a three hour on-site interview with a presentation, an office tour, and three 30-minute interviews with the systems team.

The email inviting me to the on-site specified: "These interviews will be a mix of technical questions (although not whiteboard/coding) and behavioral." The very first interviewer had me up and using the whiteboard, writing code. From there, it got worse. At one point, the interviewer asked me to recite, from memory, every possible error code (403, 404, etc.) I could. There were behavioral questions in the second interview, but in the third we were back to insulting vocabulary exercises and rude interviewers. I felt lied to in the initial email. At one point, because I couldn't verbalize an entire program effectively, the interviewer condescendingly asked me to write a Python print statement. I did so, for both Python2 and Python3, and he said "that doesn't sound right." and just looked at his phone for the rest of the interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I had an interview with behavioral and general technical questions following a career fair. I got a link to apply to a specific position afterward but a couple weeks later that program got cancelled.

Interview Questions

• What is a RESTful API?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Denver, CO) in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiters were very helpful and quick with communication throughout the 3 week process:

1. After a career fair an my university I was offered an on-campus screening interview for the next day.
    2. Took a HackerRank assessment a week later. The test was 120 mins comprised of 5 coding questions (3 easy, 2 a little harder) on dynamic programming and OOP. Did not pass all the test cases but was still offered a next step interview.
    3. Skype interview with 3 team members from the Foster City campus. Mostly behavioral as well as a few technical questions. Employees were very kind and informative about the position.

Received an offer the next day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

The onsite interview was given with 3 questions for coding and about 90 minutes to complete the test. Level from easy to hard. Such questions you will find it online practice.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2020.

Interview

A recruiter found my resume in their databases and contacted me for the position. The first round is just for HR screening. There wasn't technical questions. The second round was called from a senior data scientist. She introduced their team first and asked some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, some basic SQL and a business problem   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied through the online portal. I got notified for the first-round interview after one month. The first round was with HR, which went for 15 min. I got informed about the second round within a week. The second round was with a Data Scientist, which went on for 45 min. Questions included basic SQL and ML. The second round was conducted by an inexperienced employee who asked me to write a SQL code over the phone with no screen sharing. The questions were easy, but coding without sharing the screen can be confusing. Very disappointing from Visa. At least put an experienced or skilled employee to conduct interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HackerRank followed by a round 2 interview. The hackerRank had 5 questions and upon completion got asked for an interview. Did not get past 2nd interview. Overall, had an okay experience.

Director, Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied for the job and about a week later got an ask to do a phone interview with a member from recruiting. It was a light fly by of my background, but the process did not move forward likely because of my salary requirements (had to consider moving to the Bay Area from the Midwest).

Interview Questions

• What did you individually do to help build relationships with your clients?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview

It was a pleasant experience overall. I got to describe my previous experience in the context of leading people forward. I got interviewed for 30 mins over basic information, background, career goals and some technical information.