Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.8

Lead Custom Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Had various rounds of interview from phone screening to hiring manager to Director and then Onsite with 5 Directors (30 minutes each). Cleared all 3 rounds but did not receive reply on the last one. In spite of reaching out to HR after 3 weeks , there was no response. For such a big company in prime location & huge office, how long does it take for the HR team to reply with an email of rejection or saying that we are still in progress of reviewing. All the interviewers were good & quite intellectual but looks like like all other companies here also the HR is not in shape!

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were good. They asked about lot of strategic & insights questions showing some graphs. Nothing too technical in coding & statistics, all basics.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

First round is coding challenge which are basic questions on algorithm and data structure.
    Then there were two rounds of behavior interview that basically talks about what your are interested in and past experience. Overall experience is positive.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most challenging project you have work on and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I had two rounds - the first was behavioral and the second was a coding challenge on HackerRank. The problem lies in the second round. I took the coding challenge on my own and I could not crack it within the given time. But I know a lot of people who crack it by taking help from friends who are good at coding. In fact it is the friends who do the coding and not the actual candidate. This is totally unfair - you lose for being ethical. I think it is high time the company reviewed its hiring process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

3 interview rounds:

Round 1: telephonic interview. Basic screening. Approximately 15 minutes.

Round 2: skype Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people. It was a behavioral interview. It lasted for about 1.5 hours. I was asked multiple questions about how I accomplished a task as well as what I learned about the technologies.

Round 3: HR round

This was pretty straightforward and I was assured right away that I was in!

Interview Questions

• How did you explain someone about the project which they weren't at all aware of?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a task where you had so many difficulties?   Answer Question

Order Screening Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Lehi, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email in regards to the next steps. I was then directed to set up a time for a phone interview, passing the phone interview I was directed to set up a day to an onsite interview. I went very well in all the steps and respond to the interviewers' questions promptly, professionally, and relaxed. I showed my personality and told them about my goals. We also went over how my skills would match the position. The interview was great, but the interviewers were unprepared and confused. I realized I was being judged by people that not even know how to do their job. I did not recieve the offer Why? I am not sure, they are looking for something else beyond the jobs description and skills required which I had. The position pays $15.25 and you will be required to work weekends and holidays. I would not recommend anyone to interview for this department at Visa and with these interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if a co-worker came to tell you that he does not agree with a policy that Visa has changed?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2017.

Interview

Applied at a career fair. Got an email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Then I was given a 60-minute coding challenge prior to the phone interview. I did not feel like there was enough time to complete the challenge, but maybe it was just me. Either way, I didn't do well on the coding challenge, hence the phone interview was canceled as they decided not continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Just a coding challenge, didn't make it to an actual phone interview.   Answer Question

Senior UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager. Basic technical questions about the tech involved.

Then coding challenge on HackerRank.

Then four rounds onsite. Three were casual, one technical.

Bad experience with the technical. He was late and not prepared. Asked a single question; whiteboard a software design pattern. Told him I was unfamiliar with the pattern and let us move on. He argued about it for a while and when the time was up abruptly left without shaking my hand.

I had to reach out a week after the interview process ended to learn that they had moved on. This made me wonder when they were going to tell me if I didn't ask.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First call with HR-> Then with the Director -> Hiring Manager-> Hacker rank->Onsite (6-7 rounds) Director round is for about 45 mins very difficult, Haker rank is worst as its'a QA role onsite is 50:50 they ask as per what come's to their mind not as per job requirement.

Interview Questions

• Sort array , xml, json, rest api , reverse word , count duplicate in an array , remove duplicate and scenario based question   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with the hiring manager, skip level leadership, teammates and cross function partners. 3 to 4 phone and 2 onsite interviews. They were all were 30 minutes each. They were experience and behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to meet an unreasonable deadline. How did you ensure that you met it?   Answer Question
    • How do you build and foster relationships with your clients?   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Had 2 brief phone screens (30 mins each) with the VP of the group and a peer Dir. Both calls were positioned as informational in nature. Upon follow up was told that I would not be brought in for an in person interview. When I asked for feedback, was provided vague response about internal candidates being in line for role.

Interview Questions

• They asked some very high level, check box type sales leadership questions. Nothing too in depth nor difficult.   Answer Question