Walt Disney Animation Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Animation Studios Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

After submitting the application online I was notified about a phone interview. This revolved around discussing different aspects of my resume in more depth. For the next round I had a Skype interview with one team member. For the final round, I had an interview via Skype with entire Marketing team. Questions were around why I would be a good fit, why I was interested in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent ad you saw that you are really interested in and why?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (New York, NY).

Interview

You meet with about 4-5 managers to talk about your background and some situational questions. If you make it to the top 2-3 then you have a second round of interviews with HR and Sr VP Finance

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

I applied online and waited quite a while, and was contacted by a recruiter via email a few months later. I was scheduled for a fairly easy half-hour video interview. They asked a few basic questions about myself and my portfolio. The interviewers were conversational, very nice. The majority of the interview was spent with them giving me information about the company, their department's role, and the projects they're currently working on which I would potentially help out with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?   1 Answer

Low compensation, especially to be living in the Burbank area.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 10 days later I got invited by HR to have a phone screen. The interview was very conversational and the HR was very very nice, best phone interview experience ever! She not only asked me question, but told me a lot of information about the company, position and the project.

Interview Questions

• who choose this school? why disney? what skill can you bring on table?   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Interview

Casual interview. They are getting a pulse on your true convictions with regards to the project and working with the team. Be sincere and eager to embrace a collaborative environment.

Web Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in late February and received a phone screening request about a month later. The phone screening was with a recruiter, and she just went through my resume and asked me for more details about each item on my resume. Mostly technical questions. A week and a half later, I received a request for a video interview via Montage and a week after that I received another request for a third interview (also over Montage, because I was not near Burbank). Both of my video interviews were with my potential employers/supervisors and were more oriented to learning who I was (and less about my technical abilities). They were very conversational. I just was myself and had fun with it and made conversation with my interviewers about Disney. A week later I received a random phone call by my recruiter, who asked me a few follow up questions and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how would you improve upon it?   Answer Question

Character TD Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I had been applying for 2 years for their internship program. So the dept leads were aware of my progress. After graduating, I decided to apply for the Character TD apprentice position, a full time paid position for upto a year at Walt Disney.
    I was selected for an interview. While the interview slot was for 1.5 hours, my interview lasted only 8 mins, start to finish. My panel had 3 interviewers: 1 rigging supervisor who knew my work well and had given me valuable tips to improve my work in the past. the second was an animator and the other was a technical animator.
    They saw my reel and asked me just one technical question about the reel. Once I explained what they had asked, they wanted to know in which part of the pipeline my technique would fit. My third question was... "do you have any questions for us?"
    And that was it... I got a call in a couple of days conveying their decision to bring me on as a character TD apprentice.

This interview was far more relaxed and easier than any other interview I had attended. Very casual mood, but also technical and very specific to my demo reel.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (the face that this was the third question, 7 mins into the interview)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I left the expected salary lank as this was my first job after graduation. I had no idea how much to put there.
    The final compensation is on the lower side. I wish now that I had put in a number there and left it to them to decide how much to pay me.

CG Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was a 2 part , 2 panel, in person interview that lasted one hour total. It took much preparation. For the interview itself, the tone was professional and very on topic with much information being exchanged from both sides. But it was not difficult, was very conversational in tone, and all the panelists were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions pertained to ones personal experiences, so there arent any "stock" interview questions to prepare for, with the exception off maybe one or two typical interview questions , such as " what have you been doing since your last job?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief. The offer was good and was accepted because it was very fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds interview. First was via phone and second was on-site. During the phone interview, we talked about several projects I did before, the reason why I am applying Disney animation studio, programming skills. On site interview included many rounds. They are technical staffs in the studio. They are very friendly and asked about many questions about my professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is specially difficult. All the staffs are very gentle and nice. Some questions about the technical details are the most difficult ones. I cannot remember the specific questions they asked at that time. Some questions about programming were also very interesting and requires carefully thinking.   Answer Question

Creative Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

One call that just went over basic information, and two Skype interviews with industry professionals (I was from out of state, but people from around the Burbank area would go to the office of an interview).

Interview Questions

• They asked why I was interested (specific aspect of the internship) and how my past positions have prepared me for this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a