Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2018

2.8

Sales Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was 2 phone interviews with people on the team. The next round was 4 in-person interviews at their office. One of the in-person interviews was a live case study. The other 3 were more fit/behavioral.

Interview Questions

• How many sales people would you need to hire to cover all the doctors in the U.S.?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

I was brought in for a super day after submitting my application with a referral (good friend at the company). The experience was pretty standard and the people were very friendly, but I was not expecting so many behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I interviewed onsite in New York. The recruiting team was really responsive and helpful. I met five engineers on my day of interview. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to approach. Some of them joined for a year and some have been with Zocdoc for four, five years. They all mentioned that Zocdoc has a nice collaborative culture, which I could feel by talking to them. The office looked really nice as well. I came in on a rainy day but inside the office it was so bright and vivid. I’m not sure why other reviews were so negative.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First round phone screen with Recruiter. Then one hour google hangout technical interview with an engineer. If you make it past the technical interview, you will be invited to their HQ for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of three interviews, as well as a lunch with the other potential interns and some of the full time engineers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They seem like they really like to see your thought process when solving a problem. Brush up on data structures and make sure to check for edge cases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online . Recruiter followed up quickly which was nice and asked very basic questions about interests. Then two software engineers form the company interviewed me. They asked a basic question about string parsing ( probably an easy question on leetcode). Arrived to correct solution but one software engineer was doubtful of my answer. I had to run it to prove to him the correct answer. Asked him some questions about Zodoc and felt we connected well. Was very surprised to get rejected the next day with a generic email. Could not even ask for feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The recruiters were really nice and I received a phone interview with them. The interviewer called me 25 minutes late and he basically rushed through the whole interview. We finished in ~40 minutes with no time for questions at the end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a three-interview series when I met them in person. First it was a general interview followed by a mock sale, followed by an interview about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What have I done to make my current job more efficient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Expect to be interviewed by four or more people. One interviewee will have you go through a mock sales call process, during which you are expected to answer rapid questions/create solutions. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of what the platform does for both doctors and clients before you go in. Download the app and check it out for yourself.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

As usual, phone then onsite.

Very easy algo questions.

Then mostly yada, yada hypothetical design questions.

They keep mention trust and doing good work for society.

Couple days after HR calls, and says you did good and they will prepare an offer.
    So you stop interviewing/applying with other companies, thinking i would rather do something good for society, even if pay is low.

Week after HR calls and says there is no offer. So all that talk about trust is meaningless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple of days later. We scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was common questions about my job experience and challenges etc. After the phone interview they ask you if you would be willing to come to the office for an in person interview. I did that the following day. Be prepared to be interviewed by three people 30 mins each. First interview was ok, similar to the phone conversation. Second interview was more about organization skills and growth. Third one was role play and some coaching. Overall, I thought I did pretty well and I was surprised when I got an email a couple days later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most hectic day and how you handled it   Answer Question