Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

One hour skype coding session followed by three hour onsite. Their office space looks like a crowded second tier rundown frat house. Most people there looked pretty miserable which reflects the glassdoor 65% recommend-to-a-friend number. The recruiter was nice to work with, however.

Interview Questions

• Phone: count exact and inexact matches of two strings.   Answer Question
    • Find degree of separation between two actors where the data is stored in two maps (actor->movies and movie->actors)   Answer Question
    • System design a website of your choosing.   Answer Question
    • OOD file system   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

1 round Skype screen interview, 4 round onsite interview (1 hr /each). Applied online, good experience for phone screen interview, not push. HR mentioned that onsite interview takes 4 hours and began at 10, but what he or she did not mentioned is that there is no lunch time for you between the first two rounds and last two rounds, which means that you have to interview for 4 hours without having a lunch. Most of the company will allow the interviewer to have lunch and continue the interview process after that, but it seems really different in zocdoc hiring process. And it did not notify the candidate about that.

Interview Questions

• 1. Two string , find letters are exact match or iexact match(Same position exact match, different pos iexact match)
      2. Find common friend of different actress. Friend means that staring at the same movie.
      3. Design bowling alley
      4. Design facebook profile and new feed feather.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Applied through ZocDoc website. Recruiter replied back very quickly, then scheduled a phone interview. After one phone interview, had 3 rounds of onsite interviews. Each round was between 45 minutes and 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was an algorithm question and can be found on this site.

The next interviewer asked a OO design question which can be found on this site. HR's feedback was that I used a single letter variable name and my design choice was not good even though I did not end up going with that choice as my final design.

The next interviewer asked a system design question. From the feedback, the interviewer said my design was inadequate. When I pressed further on this, she said although my final design for a table was correct, but the initial design wasn't, and I was "coaxed" to correct the design. I don't recall being coaxed and don't know how you can coax someone in an interview.

Looks wise, the office is the worst I've seen. The office looks like an old high school. From the feedback I got, the work environment sounds as toxic and juvenile as the office. Just look at the reviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds, one in person then over the phone. The entire process was fairly average. But they lied about growth opportunity. Other than that it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to join zocdoc   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc in June 2017.

Interview

One of the interviewers came off very pretentious, the other one seemed like a decent person but was far from a good interviewer. They had little care about my background.

answered the algorithm question correctly but got a rejection letter after. My perspective is that Zocdoc is an overall a picky unicorn company.

Best of luck!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Before interviewing with Zocdoc, I had mix feelings as I read negative reviews on glassdoor but still value what they are doing as a company. Here is my candidate experience for the recruiting coordinator role. They are very friendly in their emails, but extremely slow in reply. I felt like I was treated as a back up to fill the role. First was a phone interview, the conversation went smoothly. They got back in more than 1 week, scheduled in-person a week after. Before the interview, they sent out an exercise for you to complete. Then a 2-3 hour in-person interview. First person showed me around the office. As I was commenting how nice the office is, she immediately said "unfortunately we can't invite anyone back". That left me feeling odd..I mean they really don't have to do this to show how popular they are..and honestly, is that even appropriate to say to your candidate??? I have been working in recruiting in high profile companies and their recruiters were extremely humble and treated everyone as he/she was valued. With this type of snobbish attitude, how could you get people to like you? Ironically, they prized themselves as humble. To me that's just a lie. Here comes my experience for their in-person interview-- I don't think they want to get to know me as a person for this particular role, but just need someone to do the work. They tried though by asking "Tell me about yourself" but it didn't feel sincere, and they don't even bother to carry a conversation with you but asking one behavioral question after another. The subtle thing I noticed is that some of them tried to act like they were open-minded and wanted to get to know you, but beneath it, they were very judgmental given their non-verbal cues and ways they looked at you. They didn't ask your knowledge of the company, as for me I prepared a ton of information and with no use of. Again, I was so excited for the interview but extremely disappointed with how they presented themselves. The recruiter even told me how important it is to be the face of the company, and to me I don't think they know what they are doing!! I really hope them to work on getting a realistic picture of their candidate experience and treated everyone equally. For those who are interviewing for this role, I suggest to really get ready to be bombarded with behavioral & potentially uncomfortable questions about your past for 2-3 hours.

General Applications Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I got in touch with the recruiter for an internship who informed me that despite the plentiful internship-openings online they only had full time roles available but offered to keep in touch so I could reapply next year for full-time.

Fair enough.

One year later, I got in touch with the recruiter who after receiving my mail proceeded to reject me using the PREVIOUS years resume I had sent him last year. This is the lead recruiter by the way - process needs improving upon.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Went on site to their New York Downtown HQ. Went through 4 rounds of technical interviews with developers. Technical questions are not too difficult overall, but you must be able to explain your thought process well and think of edge cases. Interviewers will sometimes mislead you so don't rely on their 'hints' too much.
    Also be prepared for the standard behavior questions (most challenging project, describe a time that you disagreed with a coworker, etc)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Didn't go further than the first phone call as a HR recruiter started to ask me, on the phone, non sense algorithmic question for a fullstack web position.
    No, knowing how to sort an gigantic array with low memory on the phone is not what make problem solver, it's what make good students.

Interview Questions

• (over the phone) How to sort an array with millions of entry on a computer with low memory   4 Answers