Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Development Manager Interview Questions

2,331

Development manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if senior management demanded delivery of software in an impossible deadline?

3 Answers

Give them the choice of reduced scope, more resources, or changed dates. They can only pick 2.

It is possible to keep scope, resources & timeline (dates) unchanged, but compromise on quality. This will impact team retention, especially the stronger engineers on the team, over the longer run. The leadership team must understand the consequences.

The feasibility which could lead to happen this type of situations is due to critical business needs. It means senior management would be actively involved and here agile framework will come into play. Delivering the workable product and then further developing the solution would be the best possible shot for win win situation.

What are some of the things you might consider when designing a database?

2 Answers

What markets do you think Cisco should get into and why?

1 Answer

What would you say are the minimal requirements needed to successfully manage a software development project?

3 Answers

Tell me about a time you used analysis to make a business-critical decision. Walk me through the analysis and outcome.

2 Answers

You appear over-qualified. Why do you want this job?

2 Answers

HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.

3 Answers

How would you bypass change management processes to dynamically change OS JCL streams?

2 Answers

Why do you want to work for us if you already own a million dollar company?

2 Answers

Have you ever managed a large account?

110 of 2,331 Interview Questions