IT Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IT Support Engineer Interview Questions

IT support engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a VLAN and why is it used, what are the advantages and challenges. What is STP. Describe a time where you helped a peer who was struggling, what did you do to help and what was the outcome. What are some Linux Directories and their uses. Describe everything you know about the DHCP process. Group Policy fails on a client, how would you troubleshoot this. Describe your most technically challenging issue and how you solved it. What is the difference between a switch and a router. Name some TCP and UDP ports/uses. What is the OSI model and why is it used.

5 Answers

There was so much pressure and nervousness being recorded on webcam that I was too flustered to focus on the answers. For example, the fact that I cant name 10 TCP/UDP ports off the top of my head while focusing on how I look on camera, remembering to look at the camera, etc, does not measure my aptitude to perform the job duties.

Thanks m8, you really helped

thank you for sacrificing yourself to help others! I was able to use your questions in preparation for my hirevue and have an onsite interview this upcoming monday. thanks again man!

If you have a 5 gallon jug and a 3 gallon jug how do you get exactly 4 gallons?

2 Answers

Tell me about yourself outside of work-

1 Answer

During interview - questions on simple networking such as What is DNS? and What's the service is used for Printing? During technical evaluation, most of the questions were on Active Directory.

1 Answer

Basic questions about Digital radiography system 1) How much is my experience in digital radiography system? 2) How often you communicate to Field service engineers and dealers? 3) Technical questions about DR system

What's the degree of both hands on a clock at 3:15

What's your college GPA?

1 Answer

Why is OSPF prefered over EIGRP in many companies?

What is Host file?

1 Answer

what command would you use to find your directory in linux cli

110 of 102 Interview Questions