Daugherty Business Solutions Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.5
Daugherty Business Solutions President and CEO Ron Daugherty
Ron Daugherty
Pros
  • "Work/life balance is very good too(in 36 reviews)

• "Very good work culture and Great benefits(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some clients just want you to shut up and deliver, even if what you are delivering is garbage by design, and your job turns into staff aug(in 33 reviews)

• "If you are not really good at what you do/do not speak up, you are treated as just staff augmentation(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you're looking for interesting flexible work this is the place for you

May 11, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work Many clients in different industries Fast paced work Effective work is noticed and rewarded

Cons

Strong motivation and some extra hours are required to stand out in this highly competitive environment. Sometimes it feels like every co-worker I talk to has a side hustle, an after work meetup, and plays 3 instruments.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

There are many other options out there, keep looking

May 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Medical benefits (why many people stay even if unhappy) -Some very talented people work here

Cons

-Compensation is below market for a lot of consulting roles and has not been adjusted for years. -Communication and structure are lacking -PTO and holidays not competitive with other companies -No real say in what clients/projects you will get to work with and oftentimes the role is not what you signed up to do. -Opportunities for advancement outside of St. Louis are few and far between -No bonus structure for the employees that are actually doing the work and billing hours at a client. -Antiquated technology, tools and equipment used internally -Diversity recently became an initiative, they have a long ways to go

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place I've ever worked

May 5, 2021 - Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture, Lots of Career Advancement, Terrific Leadership

Cons

Not many cons here! There is a lot of growth and just like any company some of the newer people might be more difficult to work with.

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Develops talent from within; benefits; strong, connected culture for consulting company; opportunities for growth; creative, talented software engineers

Cons

Provides small bonus to all employees, but no significant bonus structure.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company - Feels Like One Big Family

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

DBS does a great job investing in their consultants training and provides great benefits.

Cons

Getting through the learning curves of how to operate at an enterprise level.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Apr 25, 2021 - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

No current issues with company

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice company but limited engagements

May 6, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company cares about its employees. It strives to keep people technically relevant.

Cons

Limited opportunity for new engagements.

8. 4.0

Good company, great benefits

May 3, 2021 - Senior Program Manager in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, salary, employee status, people

Cons

Changing to enterprise model from branch model

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Supportive employer

Mar 3, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are incredible. Paired with ongoing growth, I always feel secure in my job and with my family's wellness, which allows me to focus on building my career.

Cons

Losing a bit of the small company feel as we continue to grow, but the strong focus on people seems like it's headed in the right direction.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard to want to leave

Feb 6, 2021 - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'll be honest -- When it comes to the corporate tech world, I've only ever worked here at a software engineer. My hunger and curiosity for more frequently drives me to want to explore under every rock, but damn. Daugherty makes it so tough to want to leave! Whenever I present a case for something I want, they've come through. When I said I needed hardware for an ideal COVID workspace, they quickly took care of it. When I said I want to attend XYZ workshop, or want to take this class for XYZ certification, they foot the bill. On top of that, they're frequently providing educational opportunities internally, not to mention Daugherty University, which is easily one of the best entry-level opportunities in the city. I don't have a single colleague that I don' t like. Everyone I've met at Daugherty is genuinely great. I've always had great experiences with management. You get to experience lots of different kinds of work, which is a pro and a con. You can quickly gain real-world experience with lots of different tech stacks and tools as you go engagement to engagement.

Cons

While simultaneously a pro and a con, you get to work on lots of different things through different engagement. Sure, while it's not uncommon to be at an engagement for years, you will still most likely be pulled away eventually. If you don't like the idea of your work environment changing annually or so, you may not love consulting. Speaking of consulting, I have to speak to what this work really often is. Think about it. Why would a company hire outside developers at a premium price, rather than hire them on themselves? Usually the situation is on fire, it's work nobody else wants to do, etc. Fortunately, I've always been on great engagements doing important, great developing work, but the same cannot be said for everyone. There can be a bit of hero worshipping/bootlicking in the company, but I imagine that's anywhere. It seems most people like the idea of being a follower.

3 people found this review helpful