Foxtons Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nic Budden

Pros
  • You'll meet some great people along the way (in 10 reviews)

• Good training and meet lots of people (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, fine for me but if you don't want to work 8-8 probably not for you (in 47 reviews)

• Long hours, small basic salary, high charges for car damage (in 15 reviews)

"I never understood the expression 'he sold his soul to the devil' until Foxtons purchased my own from me."

Former Employee - Sales Neg in Hell Town, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Neg in Hell Town, MO

Pros

The brainwashing doesnt make you feel like you're being brainwashed

They pay your petrol

Good money can be made if you're willing to put in 100%

At the friday meeting they'll throw bottles of champagne and fifty pound notes at you when they like you and they'll throw abuse and mockery at you if they dont

Great training

Looks AMAZING on a CV

Cons

Once you walk into their head office for your first day of training, they own you. They own your whole life.

Foxtons is a place where a group of evil, insecure victims have banded together and called themselves "Management"/"Senior Management".

"The lifers" (as we called them) have created a culture based on bullying, fear, intimidation, threats, lies and money. This way they can all act like dictators, abuse members of staff who are new/less senior, get away with it and feel great about themselves.

Some of the abuse stories that you hear about are just awful, I have seen with my own eyes members of staff getting verbally, physically and even sexually abused by the hands of the powers that be. The majority of the time nothing is mentioned because of the brainwashing and the fear of losing one's job.

The worst part about it is that there is no time away at all - 12 hour days, forced to work weekends off, no break throughout the day. Lunchtime is grab a sandwich after a viewing and it had better be swallowed before you step foot back in the office!

I could go on for hours about these people, but please understand, the majority of employees at foxtons are being exploited. The evil doers are in the minority but hold all the power, once you've worked there for a few months you'll be able to differentiate someone whos there until he finds something better and those that fully embrace the scumbaggery that is the culture at foxtons.

Advice to Management

Go a bit easier on your staff, im sure all the abuse and negativity is affecting your bottom line.

The shareholders are demanding an increase in profits, perhaps a slightly happier, less overworked workforce would result in increased productivity and reduced turnover and, as if by magic, one method of increasing revenues has been created!

"Silly"

I worked at Foxtons full-time

Pros

None whatsoever. Not a great place to be

Cons

Ridiculous that you try and poach senior staff from better established companies like banks etc with lies about the positions, then put them in junior roles answering phones and cold calling people.

Advice to Management

stop bullying your staff. Hire people that know how to run a business, and get management consultants to sort your life out. create more opportunities for your staff, and maybe they'll stay longer.

3. "It will challenge you"

Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great team and good training. I learnt a lot of life lessons. Great place for young people especially if it is your first job. Highly challenge which enables you to gain more self awareness.

Cons

Long working hours equals no social life. Stressful, basic pay is very low. Not everything is within your control which is obvious, however if your manager is great not all your deals will go through.

Advice to Management

Working from 8am to 8pm should be optional. The office should close at 6pm but you should have the option of staying late if you want to. Increase the basic.

5. "Poor treatment of staff"

Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in Ealing, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in Ealing, England (UK)

Pros

Good training scheme.
    Good benefits
    Company car
    Professional business environment

Cons

When in probation they look for every little excuse to fire you if not liked. I worked with Foxtons for 3 weeks and was fired in my probationary period due to my own financial circumstances looking bad on the company. Within those 3 weeks I had made good progress work wise and had let 2 properties. My team were racist and continuously told me I was Ghetto - something nobody had ever said to me. Did not like my team one bit

Advice to Management

Give employees an actual chance to shine.

6. "Lettings Negotiator in the Angel Office"

Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in Islington, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in Islington, England (UK)

I worked at Foxtons full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team
    Great manager
    Lots of Support
    Social
    Lots of potential

Cons

Intense working atmosphere
    Management have their favourites

Advice to Management

I was lucky with my manager, i heard some horror stories

"Lettings Negotiator"

Current Employee - Lettings Negotiator in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Lettings Negotiator in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Foxtons (Less than a year)

Pros

The team you get to work with will be fantastic! No matter what branch you will be in. The diversity of people you get to talk to everyday and the amount of knowledge they have are unique. Company phone and car provided; you can use the petrol allowance for personal interest too.

Cons

The hours are a bit long, but if you know how to make the best time out of your presence there you'll have a lot of fun.

8. "Okay if you have a good manager"

Former Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Negotiator in London, England (UK)

I worked at Foxtons full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good if starting ff your career and you have a nice sales manger in your office

Cons

Low pay however this is fine if you do well which I did but it still is not a sustainable way of living.
    There were numerous times when I had a house under offer but Foxtons new this house could not be sold for legal reasons but they would never tell me so I would be waiting for that commission every month
    the company itself do not care about you
    Hours are long, work every second weekend but you know that going in

9. "consultant"

Pros

great opportunity of self develepment

Cons

too long work hours and stress

Advice to Management

great

"Life at Foxtons"

Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in London, England (UK)

I worked at Foxtons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful offices that allows you to be comfortable whilst at work, it inspires you to push and work harder. Great team full of life and character so you can have a laugh also when needed.

Cons

The hours are super long and if you have other things doing outside of work, it may become difficult to do both unless you are super tenacious and have fantastic organisational skills then you will be ok. The Training scheme is amazing!

Advice to Management

To provide a little more help to new comers, which will help them become stronger in the role.
    Possisbly review the hours.

"Foxtons"

I have been working at Foxtons full-time

Pros

people are great, very good training, good to gain experience, car allowance, now have iphone 7's

Cons

very long hours, weekends, feel very much like a number, not appreciated, salary extremely low

Advice to Management

increase the basic salary add more one to one reviews (i have never had a one on one review in 2.5 years)