Oracle Reviews | Glassdoor

4,087 Ratings

16,362 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You're compensated with the flexibility between personal/work life balance for that anyway (in 291 reviews)

• no hikes , managers don't bother about growth (in 407 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Steep learning curve, great place for learning."

Current Employee - Client Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Partner in New York, NY

Pros

The work is intellectually stimulating.. Great benefits and incentives for salespeople. Great culture and community. Talented leadership with years of experience

Cons

Challenging work that requires you to always be on your A-game. Long ramp period, 4-6 months on average. Long hours

"Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Advice to Management

Relax on the multi-million dollar VP salaries and bonuses for a few years so that you can reinvest in your employees. It's obscene how a company will not try to retain it's employees who play the most pivotal part in bringing in the money that you horde from them.

"Sales Ops Director"

I have been working at Oracle part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cutting edge company with great growth potential.

Cons

Large and frequent number of aquisitions taking toll on employees ability to support ongoing business effectively.

Advice to Management

Better reward mechanism for employees, including stock options to lower levels.

4. "This Place ROCKS!"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Oracle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and a cushy salary. Also, there is a gym on the Broomfield campus.

Cons

Not centrally located. Wish office were closer to Denver.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"There is life after Oracle!"

Former Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training, experience, knowledge. Stating you are a former Oracle employee is huge! I had left Oracle twice, which make me ineligible for re-hire a third time. However, I have raised my salary by over 100k since I left Oracle. Oracle experience and training is worth a LOT of MONEY. Go out to the real world and apply what you have learned at Oracle and make your life!

Cons

Lots of work, no raises in last 7 years, very small bonuses!

Advice to Management

Share the wealth!

6. "Building a software toolset for system simulation"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The team that I worked in had great people and management. I can say work environment was one of the best of my industry experiences.

Cons

Learning experience is rather limited. Beside the company's core business (DB and Cloud...), there are not many learning opportunities. I had to study by myself for new skills.

"a great company for new grads"

Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked on very interesting projects. Everyone here is very easy going and willing to help you. It also has great work and life balance.

Cons

Benefits are not so great. The growth for career is relatively limited.

Advice to Management

Provide better benefits for the employee who works hard and contributes to the company a lot.

8. "Great company to work for, beware experience will vary by group"

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many products ranging from the flagship database to infrastructure like cloud and hardware, which means you have access to one of the deepest and broad-subject knowledge in the world.
    With so many products, there is room for growth, change in career, and learning new technologies.
    For the most part, there is good work/life balance with flexible hours and flexible work locations. Note I didn't say few hours :)
    Steady stock rise, sometimes a bit slow, but it pays off.

Cons

Experience will largely vary by team, team policies and manager in everything from focal reviews to professional development.
    Customers work with Oracle through representatives from many groups, so often there is a lack of communication across teams before defining a customer strategy.
    Because there are so many ways to solve the same problem with different Oracle products, you may find yourself in competition with another Oracle group and loose sight or attention to the real (external) competitors and sometimes even the customer.

Advice to Management

Focus on customer satisfaction and let them acquire your products for the great features, benefits, and value. There are many options in the marketplace now and competition is fierce, they might just look in a different direction.

"perfect work life balance"

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

great company for work life balance

Cons

raises, bonuses and stock options are elusive

10. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Lots of resources and support when the company gets behind you

Cons

You have to be focused on what your goals are or you may get stuck on a rung

Advice to Management

Enable your employees with a vision

Showing 16,362 of 16,716 reviews