Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. In which they have a shared doc, on which the interviewer asks us to code. Asked pretty simple coding questions, but the main focus was on the edge cases. The interviewer was friendly, and was trying to push me towards the expected answers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a function for reverse of a string, and explain its edge cases
    2. Construct a binary tree   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Got a couple of online assessments and then went in for a personal interview. Worked in groups on a real life problem for most of it. Had a couple of 1 on 1 interviews through the day talking about your approach and other stuff.

Interview Questions

• Just normal algorithms, time and space restrictions, etc.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2016.

Interview

Signed NDA - get your basics strong and think your solution before speaking. Walk through your solution and correct any mistakes if occurred. The interviewer are there to help you tackle the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter asking to setup interview dates and times. There were about 3 options. Had two 45 minute phone interviews. Asked mostly technical questions one asked to tell him a little bit about myself. But there really is not a lot of time for chit chat. They move on to the technical questions quickly. First interviewer was nice second acted like I was wasting his time through the whole interview. It made me even more nervous. He Seemed relieved when I couldn't answer his question.

Interview Questions

• Map customer numbers with pages visited and tree traversal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had the online assessment round. It had 2 coding question which can be done in C, C++ or java. It also had about 25 analytical questions which are pretty easy.The next round would be a face-to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The first question was about the printing all the permutations of a word. The second one was related to bitwise operators   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2015.

Interview

Apply Online. I got a reply after a month. There were 2 rounds. Online Coding round and then phone interview. Coding round was pretty easy. There were 7 coding questions and each one of them had either syntax error or logical error.

Interview Questions

• Remove Common Elements from Array   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in December 2013.

Interview

I had 2 interview calls, they were not very hard. They were both phone interviews. If you get a Kindle interview you will have it easy. The AV team also need people. The supply chain side is what I got accepted into and the people there are very smart and work really hard. You will be in good hands.

Interview Questions

• I had a dynamic programming problem that was not too hard   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing for an internship. DO NOT TAKE THE CORP HOUSING. You can do much better finding an apartment on your own. Wash U's classes don't end when school is starting but you can use padmapper just before the internship to get a good place for cheap!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Went quickly after submitting a resume. The phone interview was the toughest of those I've had, covered the broadest range of questions instead of one problem in detail. Shared document for part of that. It went well and an onsite interview was scheduled very quickly afterward. It was the one dog-friendly office I visited, which would've been nice :)

Interview Questions

• NDA covers exact questions. Coding on a whiteboard, both design and algorithm coding questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview
    - Asked about basic hashmap, linkedlists, arraylists, OOP questions (15 minutes)
    - Program how to return the sorted list given 2 unsorted lists(1 hr.)
    - Program how to return the inorder traversal of the tree given a preorder string (1 hr).

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a friend whose team was hiring in Seattle Area. They called me up and we had a brief chat about setting up the interview.

Once the interview was setup I got a call from them on a Friday and the interview process lasted 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes, it was that bad.