Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.2

213 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got a coding link, which consisted 2 challenges, questions were really hard and difficult to understand. It was one and a half hour test which was not enough to crack it.

Interview Questions

• Challenges were really tough.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First got a call from recruiter, she talked about the position and what they were expecting, she shared with me some information on what they could ask on the interview (many topics huge scope). by email we scheduled the technical interview. Once I received the call, the person asked me go to a link where he could see what I was coding. (not HackerRank) He asked me to de-serialize a not balanced tree and then serialize it back. I managed to de-serialize it fine however I had some issues to place together the logic to serialize it back. Few days later received an email no feedback just saying that they would not continue with the process.

Interview Questions

• de-serialize a not balanced tree and then serialize it back   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online and received an email telling me about next step. The first step is The online interview consisting of two parts, coding interview and aptitude test. The coding interview is basically a debugging test and the aptitude test consists of questions such as number sequences.

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions but they are debugging questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Phone interview with senior management. Questions ranged from basic to difficult. It involved using an internet tool so they could watch as you wrote code for some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What is Object Oriented Design, what is a ring buffer, etc   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was deeply unimpressed by Amazon's recruitment process. I sent a couple of resumes multiple times. If feels like when you submit an application on their job board, they just save your email address in their database. They don't bother looking at your resume or anything else you put down. The impression I got was that when they are ready to hire they just send a mass email to every email they stored. I got some emails asking me for my resume for positions that I neither applied for nor am qualified for. I don't get why I need to give them my resume so many times, when I have already sent it to them multiple times. They are a tech company. They should have a better process. Part of the problem was that on some of their applications the desired experience was somewhat ambiguous, but they should have a system in place to navigate applicants to better fitting roles (Especially with the number of positions that are open). The overall impression I got was that their hiring department (or Company Culture) is incompetent, they do the shotgun approach when it comes to hiring, and the way the handle job applications is pretty awful. It feels like I have been responding to a lot of spam.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screen interviews that asked tech questions. The first interview was more a 10-15 min coding problem done on an interface so they could see your code. The second was more of a series of short answers.

Interview Questions

• Just the normal technical coding questions. Data Structures, complexity, design.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Decent. Not difficult. Can crack it very easy, keep data structures strong you'll be good. They are pretty quick in the whole process, and the result is immediately given within 2 days. So, all in all, a pretty chill and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic general java questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral.

First Round was very easy. 7 Debugging Questions. Very Straight Forward and Reasoning Questions. It was easy. I heard back within 1 Day for next round.

Second Round was the online coding challenge. It was easy. 2 Coding Question. It was on linked list and Array. I did it and I got a call for the final round after 4 days.

The third round was a telephonic interview. It was easy. An interviewer asked me two question. It was easy and I did well. But after 4 days I got a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for basic data structure concept array, linked list, stacks, and queues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing an online assessment, I was called in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of four 1-hour sessions (1 on 1). Each session started with behavioral questions and then moved to a whiteboard coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Behaviorial questions were related to Amazon's leadership principles. They asked for examples of how you demonstrated certain traits. Whiteboard coding problems were related to data structures, algorithms, OOD, and scalability.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did two online assessment tests and one phone interview. The online assessments are pretty simple, granted you studied data structures and algorithms. The phone interview wasn't too bad either. You do it on a plain text editor, so you're better off knowing the concepts and principles rather than getting the syntax correct 100%.

Interview Questions

• For the online assessment, debug seven C++ functions/snippets. Usually just one line fixes.   3 Answers