Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Amazon

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon (Washington, DC) in June 2020.

Interview

Several recruiters called me and asked if I am willing to relocate. There were no phone screening process.
One of them sent automated 90 min interview coding questions. followed by additional 30 minute questions.
There was a demo practice option but it was not very helpful.
I have applied to multiple positions, but unless you pass this 1st step, nothing goes through.

Interview Questions

• 2 coding question which were impossible to finish in 90 min   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Austin, TX) in April 2020.

Interview

4.5 hour total session consisting of 4 rounds. One of the sessions was a disaster, the others were better. On the bad session, there were language difficulties with the interviewer. Most of it was intentionally vague coding challenges plus "behavioral" questions that sometimes felt like a criminal interrogation. Despite 20+ years of experience, no one asked about my past projects.

This will likely be the last time I attempt to interview with them. It's not worth the extensive prep required, all to work at a Hunger Games-like environment. I have better things to do.

Interview Questions

• Various "behavioral" and coding challenges.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

The initial call with a recruiter about current work experience and to set up a 1-hour phone call with technical team. The Interview asked about the current experience and given a coding problem.
    I confirmed about the coding problem statement. Explained the solution approach and did the coding on a shared editor. After the phone call, the recruiter updated they would like to have one more phone call with another person.
    The other person mostly concentrated on the resume experience followed by a problem.

Interview Questions

• Given an unbalanced binary tree image and asked to print the top view.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I had 4 rounds of virtual interview.
    first round coding and asked 2 question about leadership quality.
    second round as same as first
    third round with the hiring manager - only leader ship qualities
    forth round 2 LQ and one question on Binary Tree

Interview Questions

• Printing the Nodes based on the output - Binary tree   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

1 phone screen and 5 rounds during the onsite interview. The recruiter was very helpful and approachable. I performed good in 3 of the 5 rounds. I wasn't able to approach 2 problems and it took sometime to come up with the design.

Interview Questions

• Shortest path in a binary matrix   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Appeared for one virtual interview as a part of the final interview process. I was asked 3 coding questions of medium level leetcode and 2 behavioral interview questions. The questions were of arrays and heap. It is important to communicate with your interviewer. I felt the interviewer was not able to communicate the behavioral questions and simply went ahead and pasted it on the coding link shared.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Syracuse, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

There were 3 online rounds followed by 3 virtual interview rounds each of 45 minutes. The 3 online assessment rounds were a. debugging 7 questions. b. 2 Coding questions 3. Work simulation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in December 2019.

Interview

The Interview consists with Online Assessment of 3 round and 1 Virtual Interview.
    OA consists with debug questions, 2 coding problems, personality questions, and virtual environment just like you would be in work so you have to make some choices.
    And Virtual Interview covers reviewing OA coding problem, and do another coding and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Online Assessment questions. For example, determine if the given tree is the subtree of another tree.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

I was reached out by recruiter who invited me to take online assessment. After long time spent for preparations and filling 2 hours online assessment I only received information that my application will not be further considered, without any feedback. I felt like I was just filtered out by some algorithm and all my time and effort was wasted without any possibility to explain or understand what went wrong. Terrible experience, I didn't expect that from such a big company, that they don't even have resources to provide simple feedback. I was told that I can apply again in next 6-12 months - definitely NO! These are no times where big brands matter anymore, only reviews and opinions on internet.

Interview Questions

• 2 coding tasks which have to be all written in their online editor   Answer Question
    • Describe briefly your solution and estimate time complexity   1 Answer
    • Behavioural and psychological test   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2019.

Interview

Four rounds of online interviews. First was easy bugfixes for code given to you. Next section was two questions, both similar to Leetcode easy. Third section was a longer interview with only one question similar to a Leetcode medium problem. Final round was a video interview with three engineers. First two went well but the engineers often did not explain much about the problem. Couldn't understand the last interviewer and was no help.

Interview Questions

• Given a graph G with edge weights and a particular node S, how do you determine the maximum flow into the node G from all of its adjacent nodes?   Answer Question