Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 26, 2017

3.2

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Coding challenges and behavioral simulations in an web based online environment. Two tests one of 60 minutes, one three hours. Both were very straightforward and explained well. The recruiters were very helpful with the timeline process.

Interview Questions

• Read this email from a team leader and rank a list of strategies   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

OA1 + OA2 + 30 min OA review. Easy coding and easy interview, only review two coding problems and chat. A lot of delays between each steps. After 2 weeks of delay, all interviews after are cancelled and all candidates waiting for final results are rejected because Amazon has no more head count. People are hired based on how lucky they are.

Interview Questions

• What problems did you solve in OA2?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

They don't respect the time of their interviewers, don't trust this company. I applied online, made it to their onsite and did well, and they simply called the next Monday stating "we have filled all our positions for the year, we are sorry." I confirmed with some of the friends I made onsite and all of them have also received the same call. They didn't handle the situation well at all, and although I thank them for flying me out and giving me a chance to explore Seattle, I think it was incredibly unkind to not tell us ahead of time.

The online interview was 5 hours, filled with unbearably pointless logic questions and a walkthrough of "the life of an engineer," where they make you watch probably the summation of an hour's worth of engineers talk about how great Amazon is. They also had a coding section, but the two questions were trivial.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in October 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of online assessment. The first round was basic debugging questions and some logical/problem-solving type questions. The second round was 3 programming questions that had to be completed within 70 minutes.
    After that, there was a phone interview. The interview was about an hour long. It started out with some behavioral questions and then moved to more technical questions about data structures. Then I had to write some code in a collaborative editing window.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email to the first assessment. There were 24 logic based multiple choices questions. I had 35 minutes to work through them, you cannot go back to a question once you leave it. Next I had 20 minutes to work through 4 basic debugging question. The second round was more difficult, I was given two coding problems and I believe 70 minutes to complete them. You can use whatever language you like and can work them in what ever order you like.

Interview Questions

• The multiple choice are logic based questions. Manage your time wisely! The debugging is in Java, C, or C++. Very easy, just changing one thing. For the second round know your algorithms and data structures and how to use them to work through problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I just qualified for the first round. There was a quantitive question and 7 debugging questions . It was very straight forward. But despite cracking 6/7 questions i was not able to get though in that round.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Got a coding link, which consisted 2 challenges, questions were really hard and difficult to understand. It was one and a half hour test which was not enough to crack it.

Interview Questions

• Challenges were really tough.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

First got a call from recruiter, she talked about the position and what they were expecting, she shared with me some information on what they could ask on the interview (many topics huge scope). by email we scheduled the technical interview. Once I received the call, the person asked me go to a link where he could see what I was coding. (not HackerRank) He asked me to de-serialize a not balanced tree and then serialize it back. I managed to de-serialize it fine however I had some issues to place together the logic to serialize it back. Few days later received an email no feedback just saying that they would not continue with the process.

Interview Questions

• de-serialize a not balanced tree and then serialize it back   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online and received an email telling me about next step. The first step is The online interview consisting of two parts, coding interview and aptitude test. The coding interview is basically a debugging test and the aptitude test consists of questions such as number sequences.

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions but they are debugging questions   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in June 2017.

Interview

I got an invite to attend the online assessment from amazon. First round was simple bug fixing and analytical questions. By doing well in that round, invite for second round had come. It was technical questions, 2 questions to be solved in 70 mins or so. Difficulty level is Medium. Before attending this, practice a lot of problem solving in Leetcode/HackerRank to get practiced to solve questions quickly and efficiently.