Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Phone interview with senior management. Questions ranged from basic to difficult. It involved using an internet tool so they could watch as you wrote code for some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What is Object Oriented Design, what is a ring buffer, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was deeply unimpressed by Amazon's recruitment process. I sent a couple of resumes multiple times. If feels like when you submit an application on their job board, they just save your email address in their database. They don't bother looking at your resume or anything else you put down. The impression I got was that when they are ready to hire they just send a mass email to every email they stored. I got some emails asking me for my resume for positions that I neither applied for nor am qualified for. I don't get why I need to give them my resume so many times, when I have already sent it to them multiple times. They are a tech company. They should have a better process. Part of the problem was that on some of their applications the desired experience was somewhat ambiguous, but they should have a system in place to navigate applicants to better fitting roles (Especially with the number of positions that are open). The overall impression I got was that their hiring department (or Company Culture) is incompetent, they do the shotgun approach when it comes to hiring, and the way the handle job applications is pretty awful. It feels like I have been responding to a lot of spam.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screen interviews that asked tech questions. The first interview was more a 10-15 min coding problem done on an interface so they could see your code. The second was more of a series of short answers.

Interview Questions

• Just the normal technical coding questions. Data Structures, complexity, design.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Rochester, NY).

Interview

Decent. Not difficult. Can crack it very easy, keep data structures strong you'll be good. They are pretty quick in the whole process, and the result is immediately given within 2 days. So, all in all, a pretty chill and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic general java questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through employee referral.

First Round was very easy. 7 Debugging Questions. Very Straight Forward and Reasoning Questions. It was easy. I heard back within 1 Day for next round.

Second Round was the online coding challenge. It was easy. 2 Coding Question. It was on linked list and Array. I did it and I got a call for the final round after 4 days.

The third round was a telephonic interview. It was easy. An interviewer asked me two question. It was easy and I did well. But after 4 days I got a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for basic data structure concept array, linked list, stacks, and queues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing an online assessment, I was called in for an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of four 1-hour sessions (1 on 1). Each session started with behavioral questions and then moved to a whiteboard coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Behaviorial questions were related to Amazon's leadership principles. They asked for examples of how you demonstrated certain traits. Whiteboard coding problems were related to data structures, algorithms, OOD, and scalability.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, did two online assessment tests and one phone interview. The online assessments are pretty simple, granted you studied data structures and algorithms. The phone interview wasn't too bad either. You do it on a plain text editor, so you're better off knowing the concepts and principles rather than getting the syntax correct 100%.

Interview Questions

• For the online assessment, debug seven C++ functions/snippets. Usually just one line fixes.   3 Answers

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

First round online, second round also online, third round on the phone. Made it to third round but no offer. Applied online and had a company referral. Phone interview was a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online for the Amazon SDE internship for summer 2017 in October, 2016. In the middle of January 2017, I receievd an automated email from Amazon, stating they wanted to start the interview process with me.

Round 1) An online test, consisting of debugging, and a multiple choice logical reasoning section. After I completed this online assesment, I heard back from Amazon the day after, and they informed me I had moved onto the next round.

Round 2) Another online test, consisting of actual coding questions. You are given two coding problems, and you need to write code that passes all the test cases. This is very similar to HackerRank, Leetcode, etc. style coding. After I completed this assesment, I heard back from Amazon in a week wanting to schedule a phone interview with me.

Round 3) An hour long phone interview. The interviewer spent the first ten minutes with introductions, and then we jumped into a coding problem. The coding question was just like every other technical interview you will encounter. Exactly a week after the phone interview, Amazon emailed me with an internship offer.

Overall, the process was fast and efficent. I never waited longer than a week to hear back from Amazon, which is extemely good, as many companies are not that fast. I cannot share any of the coding problems, nor structures of the problems, however, it is very similar to every other technical interview. The interviewer was very nice, and I really enjoyed talking to him. He seemed genuiely interested in my solution, and went over the time allotted for the interview to answer my questions. I had a really good experience with the whole process, and am looking forward to intern at Amazon this summer!

Interview Questions

• Cannot share questions, signed NDA, and not fair to Amazon nor others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a online code contest after 2 month waiting. Invited by prim now team, I have applied for university graduate position and end up having a interview invitation for a senior position. After the online contest, they rejected my application even though i did pretty good at the code contest.

Interview Questions

• its about give you a list of data as format of string which could be converted to a tree to calculate sum.   1 Answer