Amazon Technical Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amazon Technical Project Manager Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Was approached by several different recruiters for a couple of Tech PM positions. Phone interviews went fine then amazon went dark for several weeks before giving any feedback. What struck me was that the interviewer literally stood me up on our initial phone screen then several days later rescheduled the interview to be when he was driving home from work. I felt like an after thought and though I did well on the interview, it doesn't surprise me that things did not go further.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Amazon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Amazon Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. Had an initial phone conversation with recruiter to go over the position description. A week or so later got a technical phone interview with a manager. The interview went well, however didn't get the position because I lacked experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1 phone interview with hiring manager then in person with 5 people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by HR to check my interest in role. Then I had first round of phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by another round of phone screen with someone from outside the immediate team.

Most of the questions were related to project management, such as how did you handle risk, motivate resources who don't report toyou, handle conflicting priorities and handle scope creep. Try and answer with real time experiences you've had and telling a small story

Interview Questions

• one interviewer at onsite was a bit rude and kept assuming that all organizations work like Amazon and was not able to understand why I did what i did in teh financial sector. I did not push too hard back at him; however, if i were to repeat, i would have told him that his vision is limited.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume on Linkedin and approached to arrange for an interview for TPM position. I had an initial phone screen with the interviewer and 2 phone screens. The phone screens were mainly based on my resume. There were a few cases of analytical questions around estimating the time taken for page load.

Interview Questions

• How do you determine page load times of all pages across amazon.com?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was originally offered $10k signon bonus and $120k salary. I negotiated signon bonus to $45k and salary of $135k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Amazon (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied thru a referral and got an interview request the very next day. Setup an interview a week later. First round of interview was over phone, supposed to be 1 hour long but the interviewer seemed to be in a hurry and ended the call in 30 min. Be prepared to answer questions on coding oops/C++, technical product you build from scratch, data structures and networking

Interview Questions

• Why Amazon, design an algorithm to rearrange numbers in a sequency, time complexity of the algorithm   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Amazon in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and they called the next day to setup an interview. The interviewer spoke quickly, had an accent, and seemed a little taken back that I hadn't been in a pure technical job in several years.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Same set of behavioral questions repeated by various individuals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Amazon (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewing was interesting with Amazon. Be prepared for a ton of interviews. I did the following interviews:
    - First Interview (on campus)
    - Second interview group (3, each 45 min) (on campus)
    - Two phone interviews
    - Three on campus interviews in Seattle
    That's a total of 9 interviews!! 99% of the interviews were technical and I had minimal time to ask about the company. What they told me is that everyone has to be on-call at least once a year and some people are on call every week! You also have to support all of your previous projects while doing your new projects. Lastly, you're expected to pick up other people's slack, if you see projects that aren't being completed by others, they say you should "step in"

Interview Questions

• Set up a class structure for an elevator system in a large building. It may have multiple elevators, shafts, groups of elevators, buttons, ways to call an elevator, etc... (hint, the elevator system they have in their office is apparently very inefficient...)   Answer Question

Technical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amazon.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour. Lots of behavioral type questions. One technical question. The interviewer was easy to talk with and professional. Most of the questions were others I found on this website, so I felt prepared. The biggest reason (I think) I didn't move further in the process was because my experience in a key area was simply weaker than they wanted.