Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,799 Interview Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Johnson City, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a quick phone screen where they got an idea of what kind of hours you're looking for and when to schedule an interview. Then you schedule one interview with HR and then if you move forward, one with the general manager. The next day or so you get a job offer e-mail. It was quick about 3 days tops.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we should handle employee theft?   1 Answer
    • What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would handle a situation where you were assisting one customer but had to take care of multiple customers.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Quick, but I could tell the Hiring Manager wasn't interested in me as soon as I took a seat.
    He only asked a few questions. There were 2 people who interviewed before me, so his decision was laready made.

Interview Questions

Interview

There is always two interviews you will go in for your first one and if you do well they will push you to the GM interview they will ask questions about your personal experiences at other jobs or in your life that you have overcame and questions about how you handled a difficult situation with someone or a task and was able to help the customer or overcome the task to complete it don't expect to be in the interview long and always have a good answer nothing short or pause for a long time thinking of an answer. If hired there will be about 2 weeks of learning about technology and everything new you will not be thrown on the sales floor by yourself until they know you are comfortable with selling products. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were faced with many tasks to do and not enough time? How did you get the job done?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted you?   Answer Question

Operation Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and was internal so I was guaranteed an interview. Interview was about an hour with the stores General manager and Assistant store manager. Ask the basic interview question and I followed with my 30-60-90.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer. What was the situation, what do you do to assist, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you put the well being of others in front of your own. What was the situation and the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I was called up asked questions and told I would get a call back if they were looking to go forward. I never received a proper in person interview which is kind of weird, that BestBuy needs a new HR team.

Geek Squad Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

applied to 4 BB stores online, got called by 2 of them, one person in HR asked me a series of questions over the phone and said I had no experience. She even said she'll give it to the manager to review but more then likely it wont go through. The other person in another BB from HR called me to set up an interview. During the Interview day I left 1hr and 30 min early thinking that's plenty of time. Nope the stupid big accident making me 2 hrs and 30 min late. I agree it is still considered my fault for being late but when you call the store 6 times with a 15 min waiting period for each call + 3 calls to the HR to notify them about the accident no one picked up. I was so shocked. Got there and they still went ahead with the interview which was nice of them even though i knew i was not going to be processed after that day. The interview was like everyone else said on this site, asking more about retail questions then the technical aspects. They only asked one technical question lol (which I will mention below). The manager even said the position was not an entry level position even though the job description said "entry level". He went on to say that to get into that position without experience was to start as a computer sales associate, lol (mind you, you have to work 6 months to even get noticed after that it's not a 100% promotion to the position in geek squad). After that I got all 4 rejection emails. Forgot to say I have a Bachelors degree in computer network security and certs.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Memphis, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the 2nd of September and received a call from one of the managers on the 8th of September which was my phone interview. The following Monday, I then went in for my face to face interview with the front end supervisor where she informed me to look out for a call for interview with the GM. I had that interview the very next day and received an offer on the spot. Very easy and everyone was so polite and bubbly, which made me less nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to partner with someone from a different department to complete a task. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If an employee is caught stealing m, how should it be handled?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about you previous jobs.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer. What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Bernardino, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and did 3 interviews, they were very kind. Interviewers were on time for every single one, waiting to see if i received the job or not. So hopefully I hear back that I was hired!

Interview Questions

• Say you owned a donut shop and you caught your best employee stealing what would you do?   1 Answer

Geek Squad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Little Rock, AR) in September 2017.

Interview

Standard corporation retail style interview, interviewer poorly trained; I lead the interview. People walked into room time and time again, even if with a note on the door. Overall the most unprofessional interview I have ever been to. Be careful to not know more then interviewer as that will keep you from getting the job, as interviewer is afraid you could replace them.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you showed outstanding customer service?   Answer Question

Inventory/Merchandising Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muskegon, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Muskegon, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview, though the panel members threw me off a bit. I expected strictly members of management/HR in such a panel, but it ended up being two managers and two warehouse associates. While I do think it's fantastic that the warehouse associates would be given a say on who their new boss would be, their inclusion in the interview completely blindsided me. I've never seen or heard of associates being part of the interview process like that. As a result, I definitely bumbled the interview. I wasn't sure how influential they would be in the decision and thus was treading too carefully on my answers as try to balance impressing them and the managers at the same time, but clearly failed on both fronts as a result. A little notice on this format would have gone a long way I think with my chances... I used Glass Door to prepare, but didn't see other instances of this format for interviews, so I'm guessing it can differ by individual store location.

Anyway, the GM claimed they were looking to make a decision that day after a couple more interviews and give a call that night. Never got a call, and still no declined email.

Questions were typical retail related situational questions ("Describe a time that...").

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult, just the actual warehouse associates being part of it was the challenge. Wasn't prepared to speak to non-management in this process and it caused me to second-guess all of my pre-planned answers.   Answer Question