Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,260 Interview Reviews

2.4

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mount Laurel, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Quick, Easy with a fast-paced response from management. I applied online through their application and personality test. I was then offered an in-store interview where I was interviewed by the manager of the department and then the general manager of the store. I was given my decision within 30 minutes of the two-part interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an appropriate tactic when selling a product to a customer... something along those lines   1 Answer

Computer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It's different for every store but the questions are kinda similar mostly they want to know your experiences and how you would act in certain situations in a workplace, if you have a not interested or not energetic manager it can be a little tense and awkward, they only really care about three things, 1. Availability how much and when can you work. 2. your knowledge going in already. 3. For sales positions how confident and easy going you are cause your job is talking.

Be confident know your stuff going in and tell them what they want to here, your GM is really who you want to impress since he makes all the decisions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with, what happened and how did you overcome the situation.   2 Answers

Computer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Midlothian, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was relatively fast. Went through entire process in less than a week. I didn't end up getting the job but I feel I was given a fair chance.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should happen to a coworker that is caught stealing? [or similar theft question]   2 Answers

Computer Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in February 2008.

Interview

Dress nicely. They appreciate it.There are three interviews. First, the supervisor over the department that you are applying for, then the manager over that department, and then the general manager over the entire store. After each interview, if they are no longer interested in hiring you, you will not have the second or third interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could work in any department in the store, which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Before the interviews, you will be given several acronyms to remember for the interviews.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the GM interview, you will be offered an hourly wage. I was given the opportunity to discuss and possibly negotiate this wage, but was satisfied with what was offered and did not pursue that.

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Dublin, GA) in September 2018.

Interview

Swift, insightful, and pleasant. After Applying for the same position several times, I was called in for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. We talked about the position, the future of the company and the type of technology I'll be using. There was some brief banter and then we talked about my experience. Afterwards the manager explained what they planned to do regarding the department moving forward.

I was told they had to review and interview several other applicants and they would call me once they finished. A week or so later I was called and given an offer. The offer consisted of signing a digital offer sheet, background check application, and taking a drug screen. The orientation was the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in which you dealt with a problematic customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Northbrook, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process. Apply online, phone interview, then in person. You cannot apply in-store, the manager will direct you to the online application, and then you have to fill out a questionnaire and a test.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springfield, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online on August 31 2010. Got a call from one of the managers 1 week later but missed it. Had to play phone tag until Friday September 10. The manager saw that I applied for a cashier or customer service position but saw on my application that I am majoring in Information Technology. She asked if I'd like to work in computer sales instead. I said sure. She scheduled me for an interview Sunday September 12 with a department manager (second interview). I was very nervous during this interview but I came dressed up and was half an hour early which the interviewer appreciated. (The other applicant didn't even show up!) Like I said, I was very nervous and didn't think I did well. I got a call for the final (third) interview on Wednesday September 15. I was scheduled to be interviewed the next day, Thursday September 16. The General Manager and the Hiring Manager were present. After this interview I was offered the job on the spot. Have my drug test today.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing?
      What do you think we should do with them?
      Should we prosecute them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aventura, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR, then it took them a while to get back to me. I came in and they said they had two jobs they were hiring for, so I would be meeting with two different teams. I had 30-45 minute interview with 4 different people. It took them a few weeks before they wrapped up their process and I received my offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you miss the deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

went to the store talked to the loss prevention guy at the front door, and let him know i was there for an interview. A few minutes later I met the manager who would be interviewing me. Seemed like a nice guy was friendly, but we basically jumped right into the formal part of the interview. After answering a few questions about different scenarios(honestly I bs'd my way through most of the questions) he asked how I would sell a laptop. I have a bit of retail experience so i went through the basic questions. What can I help you with today? What will you be using this computer for? Will anyone else be using it? Do you have a computer now? what did/didn't you like about it? after that we had a few more questions and he informed me he would be hiring me. I know a few people who work at best buy and they said they all had to go through two in store interviews but this was the only one I had to do. He then gave me a bunch of papers to go to a local drug test place and told me as soon as that was done he could then bring me in for training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I put a lower number than I would have liked on the application just because I wasn't sure what they paid. He just offered me what i put down and that was pretty much it.

Anonymous Employee in Conyers, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Conyers, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

the interview process was pretty good they ask you about yourself, what you would you want from this company, what would you bring to this company. They pretty much asked me the basic interview questions, as long as you do a little research on the company you will be fine and also know what department you want to work in as well