Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018
4,119 Interview Reviews

2.4

Interview

It was three short interviews. And two of three where at the flagship store within the area. The last one is in the store you applied for. They are short interviews.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Phila, PA).

Interview

Online application with your work history and information. Next a series of questions that take about an hour to answer. This is the first interview. The next step I was contacted about my interview. The interview was scheduled with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Work habits, ethics, how I would treat customers. How I adjusted to negative and positive situations. Have I ever been late and fired from a job. Asked about my decision making skills and if I needed to contact management about different issues.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Very laid-back. Really just wanted to make sure I was accountable. Overall, a pleasant experience that made me want to work with the store.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you satisfied an unpleasant customer.   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview... The person on the phone told me how great my experience and resume was, and that I should come talk to the head of the mobile department. Had an hour and a half in store interview with him. Then was asked to talk to the GM. Had an hour long interview with him. They kept ranting about high turnover in mobile. Well, pay me $___ and I'll stick around and do whatever you want me to do... I was told I was passed on for someone else. I'm sure it has something to do with my asking rate, but you get what you pay for. Now I see that the requisition is open for that job again, leading me to believe they didn't really hire anyone else. No counter-offer was made to me. I also did research and asked a few employees their salaries and I asked for the same without telling the manager I know how much his people are making. Well, looks like they want to hire someone for $9 or $10 an hour and then look for a new employee one month later when they quit.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy interview. Ask general questions about the role and duties of the job. Brush up on the details they give you concerning your position and should be good

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very straightforward. General questions on customer service, knowledge of products being sold. For seasonal hires, they let you know beforehand that you'll be needed on big dates such as black friday or the week before Christmas. One is not allowed to request for days off during that time.

Interview Questions

• What should be the punishment for an employee who steals from the store?   1 Answer

Connected Devices Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Riverdale, NJ) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was held in the back of the store with the Assistant Store Manager and Department Lead. There were a couple of general regular planned questions that you might see in most interviews as well as some unscripted questions that were asked.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy in June 2018.

Interview

It was already off to a bad start due to the manager interviewing me being late by thirty minutes. I was interviewing with two people at the same time. The interview seemed to be going well since I was making them both laugh. In a bizarre end I was told I wasn't qualified for the position despite my years of managerial/sales experience. After the interview, I was told they already had someone else lined up for the position which is extremely disappointing. Unfortunately, I had wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question
    • Where do you currently work and how much do you make there?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online, got a call back 3 days later. The interview was very laid back. Asked if I was comfortable handling money and what did I know about computers.

Interview Questions

Interview

During the interview I had to answer questions in spanish. They have you scenarios based on what type of calls we would receive. They asked you what hours you would be able to work

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job. Why do you think you are a good fit for this position.   Answer Question