Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,207 Interview Reviews

2.4

Computer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Chula Vista, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It's different for every store but the questions are kinda similar mostly they want to know your experiences and how you would act in certain situations in a workplace, if you have a not interested or not energetic manager it can be a little tense and awkward, they only really care about three things, 1. Availability how much and when can you work. 2. your knowledge going in already. 3. For sales positions how confident and easy going you are cause your job is talking.

Be confident know your stuff going in and tell them what they want to here, your GM is really who you want to impress since he makes all the decisions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with, what happened and how did you overcome the situation.   1 Answer

Computer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Midlothian, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was relatively fast. Went through entire process in less than a week. I didn't end up getting the job but I feel I was given a fair chance.

Interview Questions

• What do you think should happen to a coworker that is caught stealing? [or similar theft question]   2 Answers

Computer Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Louisville, KY) in February 2008.

Interview

Dress nicely. They appreciate it.There are three interviews. First, the supervisor over the department that you are applying for, then the manager over that department, and then the general manager over the entire store. After each interview, if they are no longer interested in hiring you, you will not have the second or third interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could work in any department in the store, which would you choose?   1 Answer
    • Before the interviews, you will be given several acronyms to remember for the interviews.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During the GM interview, you will be offered an hourly wage. I was given the opportunity to discuss and possibly negotiate this wage, but was satisfied with what was offered and did not pursue that.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Springfield, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied online on August 31 2010. Got a call from one of the managers 1 week later but missed it. Had to play phone tag until Friday September 10. The manager saw that I applied for a cashier or customer service position but saw on my application that I am majoring in Information Technology. She asked if I'd like to work in computer sales instead. I said sure. She scheduled me for an interview Sunday September 12 with a department manager (second interview). I was very nervous during this interview but I came dressed up and was half an hour early which the interviewer appreciated. (The other applicant didn't even show up!) Like I said, I was very nervous and didn't think I did well. I got a call for the final (third) interview on Wednesday September 15. I was scheduled to be interviewed the next day, Thursday September 16. The General Manager and the Hiring Manager were present. After this interview I was offered the job on the spot. Have my drug test today.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of your way for a customer.   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a fellow employee stealing?
      What do you think we should do with them?
      Should we prosecute them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Pasadena, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

There are three interviews stages. Generally, if they call you for a second interview, you're hired. The questions are pretty general interview questions, such as "How are you qualified for the position you're applying for?" and "Why should we hire you for the position?"

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Aventura, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Had initial phone interview with HR, then it took them a while to get back to me. I came in and they said they had two jobs they were hiring for, so I would be meeting with two different teams. I had 30-45 minute interview with 4 different people. It took them a few weeks before they wrapped up their process and I received my offer

Interview Questions

• Why did you miss the deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

went to the store talked to the loss prevention guy at the front door, and let him know i was there for an interview. A few minutes later I met the manager who would be interviewing me. Seemed like a nice guy was friendly, but we basically jumped right into the formal part of the interview. After answering a few questions about different scenarios(honestly I bs'd my way through most of the questions) he asked how I would sell a laptop. I have a bit of retail experience so i went through the basic questions. What can I help you with today? What will you be using this computer for? Will anyone else be using it? Do you have a computer now? what did/didn't you like about it? after that we had a few more questions and he informed me he would be hiring me. I know a few people who work at best buy and they said they all had to go through two in store interviews but this was the only one I had to do. He then gave me a bunch of papers to go to a local drug test place and told me as soon as that was done he could then bring me in for training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I put a lower number than I would have liked on the application just because I wasn't sure what they paid. He just offered me what i put down and that was pretty much it.

Computer Sales Interview

Interview

Phone assessment, once that was passed waited for a call from the store and set up an time to do a sit down interview with the general manager. Once that was complete had to take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Diego, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Dept. manager 1 on 1. Offered seasonal employment on the spot. No salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Why you would want to work here.......   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just go in and be yourself. And by yourself, I mean someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Memphis, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

They call, you sit, if they like you, you get called again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for 2 dollars more an hour and sold myself with knowledge of the company goals and objectives. Always best to research a company your looking at.