Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Best Buy Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017
3,537 Interview Reviews

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I received a call about one week after applying for the position. One phone interview, interview with an assistant manager, and an interview with the general manager. Requires drug test and background check. Process can be a little tedious and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Would you report someone if they were stealing?
      How have you handled difficult customers?
      Name positives and negatives of working as a team
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied online and was denied further processing about a week later via email. A couple weeks after receiving the email, I was called for a brief phone interview and then accepted an in person interview which was 1 on 1. It was a comfortable environment, They asked questions from a packet and wrote my answers in it. Ended up getting rejected via email… again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer… how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle having multiple tasks simultaneously?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

easy, and i was able to get the job quick. Just tell them how you can persuade customers from buying from amazon.com. They like when you build solid relationships with people and they want you to sell protection plans too.

PC Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Very relaxed, easiest interview ever. Went to a back room, Op manager was napping on the couch. Got 2 interviews in 1 hour and offered a job. We shook hands and i was working within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Houston, TX).

Interview

I got to Best Buy an hour early after i was done with an after school tutorial session on a Saturday. I had no ride so i took the bus to best buy and just played with the games and demos until my interview. The assistant manager of the store seemed surprised at the fact of how early i was. He took me to the back of the store into his office and the first thing he told me was that he was going to ask questions that pertained to what i put on my resume.Boy did i mess that up. My interview asked a lot about my application such as if i put i have lots of experience with electronics on skills, I ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE THOSE SKILLS. He questioned me about how i would react with a stubborn customer and how i worked with people in teams. I stuttered a lot, which made me think that as my complete failure of my interview, but hey, it was my first.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when dealing with a stubborn customer   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Was brought in for a group interview and had to interview in front of two managers. They ask us different scenario questions based on previous work experience. Later they ask us to try to sell something to them. After we went to go talk to the GM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped a customer, but they weren't satisfied.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had to wait for 20mins at the Best Buy store before being interviewed. The Sales Manager asked basic interview questions. If interviewing for a sales position I highly recommend mentioning the importance of identifying costumer's needs and your passion for sales.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you were on a team and you failed a task. How did you handle the situation".   1 Answer

Summer AssociateBusiness Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to schedule an interview less than 3 weeks later. The actual phone interview was very pleasant and the interviewer was so respectful and conversational, lasting about 20 minutes. I received a call informing me that I received an offer about a week after the first interview. Overall very professional process that was very structured and courteous of my time.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call the next day in which I was asked questions about my past work experience, my availability, other positions I might be interested in and then was invited to go into the store the next day for an in person interview. A few days later I had a second and third interview with the managers. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What should happen to a staff member who got caught stealing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Best Buy specifically?   Answer Question
    • What did/didn't you like about your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

didn't take long because they already know who they are going to hire. once the interview took place it took forever to get some feedback, on some occasions there were not any feedback. then the feedback they give does not make any sense simply because they are already filling the spot with someone they know or wants prior to you applying.