Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,900 Interview Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Johnson City, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a quick phone screen where they got an idea of what kind of hours you're looking for and when to schedule an interview. Then you schedule one interview with HR and then if you move forward, one with the general manager. The next day or so you get a job offer e-mail. It was quick about 3 days tops.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we should handle employee theft?   2 Answers
    • What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would handle a situation where you were assisting one customer but had to take care of multiple customers.   2 Answers

Interview

There is always two interviews you will go in for your first one and if you do well they will push you to the GM interview they will ask questions about your personal experiences at other jobs or in your life that you have overcame and questions about how you handled a difficult situation with someone or a task and was able to help the customer or overcome the task to complete it don't expect to be in the interview long and always have a good answer nothing short or pause for a long time thinking of an answer. If hired there will be about 2 weeks of learning about technology and everything new you will not be thrown on the sales floor by yourself until they know you are comfortable with selling products. Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you were faced with many tasks to do and not enough time? How did you get the job done?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer interrupted you?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union City, CA

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. Asked about my background along with why I was interested in working for Best Buy and what technology I was most interested in. I assumed they wanted to get an idea of where they might place me.

Warehouse (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

This was a panel interview with about 20 other applicants and 3 Best Buy managers asking questions to the entire room. They did the interviews in waves all day. There were a lot of people applying. The hardest part about the interview is getting a chance to say something with all the people in the same room as you. It was very cut-throat. A lot of people were not able to get one answer in. I believed you raised your hand to answer then they would call on you.

Interview Questions

• What is your relation/interest with technology?   1 Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Nice guy, was the supervisor of the department. Asked basic questions about working in a team plus responsibilities of my previous job. Got second interview soon with the GM

Interview Questions

• A time where you had to work really hard. What was the reason and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone 5 days after I applied online for a phone interview. It lasted 21 mins. I felt rushed through the whole interview. I asked 3 of my 9 questions I had, in fear of irritating the person and taking myself out of any contention for the position. It just fealt very impersonal.

Occasional Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wooster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Wooster, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

First off, Best buy was rather hard to keep in contact with however my personal interview experience was rather informal, but comfortable. He asked the normal situational questions, along with some questions about myself. One thing you will need to have ready is questions for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you've had to deal with a difficult person/employee, how did you do so?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Interview was fairly standard for retail, asking how comfortable you are with sales and customers, and your knowledge about Best Buy and electronics. Was interviewed first by a manager, and then directly after by their general manager. Was offered a position same day.

Interview Questions

• What areas in our store do you know about? Tell me about each   Answer Question

Occasional/Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Best Buy (Miami, FL).

Interview

it was pretty easy I received a phone interview literally the next day within applying they called me a couple of hours later that same day & asked if I could come in the next day to have a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• What traits are important on a team?   1 Answer
    • What would make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was unhappy. What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Best Buy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

A phone screen, followed by two interviews, one with your direct manager, and then the general manager. standard behavioral questions and ethics questions read off the page. Pretty enjoyable interview overall.

Interview Questions

• What are some unique challenges you might face at Best Buy with this position?   Answer Question