Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,751 Interview Reviews

2.4

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

They asked me four questions and didn't seem genuinely interested. I felt like they just interviewed me because they had to interview so many people. I have experience and full availability yet I got brushed off.

Interview Questions

• What problems to you see yourself coming across and how would you handle it.   Answer Question

Wireless Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

The called back quickly and offered an interview within one week from applying. The interview wasn't lengthy and asked your typical retail scenario questions. The email relaying that there was a better fit for the position took approximately one week to deliver, but the website indicated I was no longer under consideration within a few days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you say to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you made a mistake and what you did to correct it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to get in contact with the recruiter. I was able to use another recruiter that saw my resume from another party of the US to finally make contact.
    As a former employee that was excited to return to the company I was very discouraged by the current leadership.
    The interview did not offer any opportunity to showcase my ability to execute the job for which I was applying. This was a panel interview with 3 General Managers and an HR Manager. This was a 30 min interview that was highly superficial. The most in depth discussion only occurred after I began asking the questions.
    I was very respectful, but I felt like I was the trainer in the room teaching future managers how to interview using the company developed guide.
    This single interview has turned me away from the company that once gave me pride. I have removed Best Buy from my resume.

Best Buy Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

Fairly easy, go through several managers as quickly as they have time to see you. It was different for me because the highest person I had to interview with was the same as when I worked for the company several years ago.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of one situation where you had to over come an obstacle.   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Mobile, AL).

Interview

Applied online and messed up and put the wrong phone number in my application. The HR guy emailed my friend and said that he tried to reach me twice Friday morning but I didn't answer because he called another number. Moral of the story: TRIPLE CHECK and make sure that everything on your application is correct

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you catch a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Interview

straight forward a a to it yes i came i saw i conquered. s s sa this is not a joke a e t y
    what is the main point of all this to see stuff

Interview Questions

• how much are you s s s s making now, tell me about yourself. Why s best buy and not somewhere else   Answer Question

Sales Supervisor Interview

Interview

apply through their online system. Called and interview with GM. If not current emoloyee then phone screen first. Offered job. If not current employee then background and drug screening. Accept offer and then start after everything comes back.

Back Office Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

the process was very unprofessional the guy spent 2 weeks saying he was going to do phone interviews and asked all applicants to reply back to his email a good time to call them. I replied back with my time that would work best. waited til the time of phone call and nothing called and emailed the manager back and he said sorry its been busy so he rescheduled another one with me. Now the time around the second phone call came yet again no call. Sent another email to the manager asking what happened he said he got busy again and he will contact me soon. Two days pass get a email saying congrats we have decided to pass everyone to the next interview step based on your resumes, I noticed that everyone one from the last email he sent out was on this new email aswell. So finally had a face to face interview that manager started off saying listen i am not doing alot of these questions cause alot of them are pointless and asked his questions i answered them with the best of my sense the interview took 5 mins he said he was pressed with time and had to go. Basically do not waste your time with best buy its clear they do not know what they are looking for or how to search for it.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how do i relate to employees?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

After I was rejected for this interview, they called me back almost a month later. I felt as if this was a waste of time. The HR representative who contacted me did not tell me there was three interviews to get hired at Best Buy. I came 10 minutes early and the interview started late. Since I have a job as an auditor, and have worked in retail for many years in the past, I knew for sure I had this in the bag. But no, I'm not sure what they are looking for in a candidate that has experience with said job title. Probably will not attempt to apply here again.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (San Marcos, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then two days later i received an email about setting up a phone interview.
    I had the phone interview which was just getting to know you and your experience then she asked when i could interview with the managers.
    The interview was a panel interview with two managers. They just asked questions about the skills you possess and how you reacted to past experiences.
    The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a team that was hard to work with?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you possess that make you an asset for us?   Answer Question