Best Buy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,073 Interview Reviews

2.4

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Johnson City, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a quick phone screen where they got an idea of what kind of hours you're looking for and when to schedule an interview. Then you schedule one interview with HR and then if you move forward, one with the general manager. The next day or so you get a job offer e-mail. It was quick about 3 days tops.

Interview Questions

• How do you think we should handle employee theft?   3 Answers
    • What did you like and dislike about your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you would handle a situation where you were assisting one customer but had to take care of multiple customers.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

Passed the test on the job application. Got an interview the next week. The interview took about 30 minutes. It was really easy and the manager was very friendly!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a tough customer.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

found job posting on best buy website, applied online and i got an email to setup a time and date. went in and had the interview and got a call in a couple of weeks to know where they were at in the process

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Best Buy.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a university recruiter. I met him at a career trek and then followed up at a job fair and he gave me the phone interview opportunity.

Interview Questions

• If you had 100 stores that needed 80 items how would you go about allocating them?   Answer Question

Advanced Repair Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Hamburg, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied internally and was previously a consultation agent. Interview process was straight forward, was asked several customer service related questions and given different scenarios. I was given an offer right after I finished my interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had an issue with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you or your team failed to follow the rules. What was the situation and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Best Buy Mobile - Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Huntsville, AL) in April 2018.

Interview

Three Interviews, one on the phone, one with the department manager, and then one with the General manager. All of these are one on one, and with fairly normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of times where you overcame an issue to help out a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Best Buy (Levittown, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Went really well pretty easy interview. Hiring manager was really friendly. Simple questions. Brought me in the office and asked me my availability for the job, why would you be suitable for this job.

CELL PHONE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

On the first day, I showed up and waited to interview with Lynol (phone specialist manager). He was busy so I met with a manager named Brian. He was a straight forward guy who was looking for the right person. On the second interview I got to sit with Lynol. He asked some generic, "give me a time when": questions. Spoke about his process of how he got to where he was today. Two weeks later they emailed me informing me that they moved forward with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest mistake you've ever made?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Best Buy (Rogers, AR).

Interview

Multiple levels of the interview process and an in-depth background test and drug test were required. The first component was in person with 2 people. Next and final was with store supervisor/GM

Asset Protection Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Best Buy (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

I applied online and then a few days later, they called me to come in for an interview. The interview questions have recently changed, even the interviewer was caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about this being a leadership position?   Answer Question