Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

It was laid-back. Two friendly supervisors interviewed me in a cozy office. I was immediately offered the position contingent upon passing a health physical, drug test, and background check. That process took a couple of weeks. Then I started training.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous experience prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a different type of interview, but it was enjoyable and relaxed interview. I wasn't nervous at all. I believe other companies should follow suite and practice this interview style.

Interview Questions

• You have a patient who doesn't like what's being served for dinner. How would you make sure this patient is getting something that they enjoy eating?   Answer Question

Community Relations Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Orlando, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Long and lengthy-At least five different people interview you. It starts with a phone interview, then a one on one, then a panel interview, personality test, TB teat, background check.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions pertaining to your past work experience.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Brentwood, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, followed by in-person interviews with about 5 different people. They did a great job of scheduling the interviews back-to-back so I was not waiting around. I felt like everyone I met with really gave me their attention and respect. They had a person lead me to each interview, so I felt like I was given the VIP treatment even though I was interviewing for a lower-level role. After the interview I had timely follow-up and was offered the position. During the two weeks it took for me to give notice to my employer, I was able to easily complete my on-boarding paperwork electronically, and they did a drug-screen and background check. What I was really impressed with is how my new manager sent me a bouquet of flowers with a card that said how excited she was to have me on her team! On my first day, they had an orientation for me to attend to familiarize me with this large company, and my desk was 100% set up with everything I needed to start working! I was thrilled to have joined a company that put so much emphasis on the Candidate Experience!!

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our company mission statement?   1 Answer

OTR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Regional manager answered emails while I responded to his questions. About 15 min in all, if that. No questions beyond yes / no answers. Asked in the interview how I would increase caseload. Talk about red flags!

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected thing was when I was asked to step away from the office area while the mgr talked on his cellphone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they met it

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

phone interview first, over an hour; then face to face interview followed, over an hour. Both times, very friendly and warm reception. during face to face interview, a second face to face was set up. but despite attempts to confirm, got no confirmation nor cancellation. that was the only bad experience in the process. Got an email by third week that I was not selected. No matter, I moved on when my calls were snubbed.

Interview Questions

• give real life scenarios from experiences. what were the sources of my patients?   Answer Question

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in October 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional way of coordinating interviews. Im in recruiting and coordinating and i know when a set time and date is scheduled, you keep that time and date and if not, let them know in advance you cannot make that time and date. I was asked to arrive and be seen around 2:00 PM - 2:15 PM. I arrived at 2:10 PM and was not seen til 3:10 pm!! Why ask me to come at a certain time and not see me one hour later? They provided me a form to fill out 5 mins before they called me in. I was sitting there waiting for a whole hour not doing anything, why didn't they give me the form when I arrived to fill it out? Then, the hiring manager tried to say she was a busy lady and made it seem it was my fault. Excuse me, everyone is busy, it's your job to keep track of time and time management. You asked me to come onsite, yet I go out of my way and you can't even go out of yours to keep a set schedule on track? Then, she explained I didn't fill out the form properly. I filled it out and provided my resume which had all the same questions they were looking for on my resume. Either, they don't like to read or wanted an easy way to find out answers that catered to them and their interviews style to eliminate candidates. Either way, she did not once apologize for seeing me late nor did she care if I had other commitments after.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted on "tell me about a time..." situational questions. I did a telephone interview. You are given an opportunity to ask questions about the company and the job. The recruiter contacted me first then my application was forwarded to the facility. After the interview was told will get back with me in the next couple of days

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you had to overcome a big obstacle   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a call from a recruiter. After that my resume was sent to the location of which I applied for where I received a call from the person who hires at that location.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Shawnee, KS) in December 2008.

Interview

I received a mailer about the job, then called to set up an interview. I was told there were several other people interviewing. My first boss that interviewed me was direct and to the point, business professional but pleasant.

Interview Questions

• i was questioned about my experience with dementia patients. I was also very honest and upfront about my experiences with working with dementia patients.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $1.00 less then I was making an hour, but their health insurance was a little cheaper and they offered a retention bonus program.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Birmingham, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

lengthy. Several steps to go thru prior to being hired/offered an offer letter. Took 3 months total from the beginning. But as I've been there so long it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you should treat senior clients?   1 Answer