Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hot Topic

2.1

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Amarillo, TX) in May 2020.

Interview

I adore Hot Topic so much that I will work in there until I die or get fired. I really liked their culture so much that I enjoy this so much.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

I applied online for a seasonal position, and a couple days later I got an email to schedule a group interview. The interview was very casual, and pretty straight forward.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Short, mine was a group interview of 4 people. The interview was with the store manager who was very sweet and understanding. I got the call about ten minutes after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?
      What do you do for fun?
      What is your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (McAllen, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Very chill, just asked about why you'd wanna work there and what genre of music you like, stuff like that. The questions were mostly to know more about you and your personality. As most retail places require more outgoing employees to sell products.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Mesa, AZ) in July 2019.

Interview

There was a group of seven us that they brought to an area in the outdoor area of the mall. They asked us a few questions and we each took turns answering, then the main interviewer went over store expectations and what they were looking for. Overall, it was pretty relaxed and was like a slightly more formal group conversation.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Wichita, KS) in July 2019.

Interview

Basic interview in almost every way. The assistant manager (not the overall store manager) just read off a clipboard and followed a script. Pretty by-the-numbers. They asked me how I could add to the team and what skills I offer -- things like that. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

quick,I said I graduated with high honors and that shows I am willing to learn and want to learn. I see the process of learning as a growing tool to help myself and the company grow. Chelsea the hr representative was really nice and followed up with phone calls and emails. Even sent me the link for the application. Everything was smooth and gave me a tour of the office before the interview and after walked me out

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

After applying to a San Antonio store online I was instantly reached out to. I went in for my first interview which went smoothly and was requested back the next day for a follow up interview with another manager which went just as well and included a lot of positive feedback. On my way home I received a call requesting another interview with the DM at another location the following week. That interview went well. All interviews involved the same questions. After the last one I was told I would get a call back by the end of the week. After not hearing anything I called a few times to the store I applied in which they had no news. A month later I accepted I won't get the position but extremely disappointed in the lack of courtesy and professionalism by not just calling and letting me know. Especially after I invested the time for three interviews for a management position.
    For reference I have 4+ years management experience in superior retail stores.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle upset customers.   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview with the team as well as the Director and SVP of HR. Everyone was informative and genuinely welcoming. I also loved that I had a tour of HQ!

Interview Questions

• What is the average number of requisitions you are responsible for?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

It was very exciting. They asked the standard interview questions. I was very nervous I really wanted the job I always wanted to work there. Very average, very welcoming interview. The questions were fairly easy, questions I have been asked on before. I would not be nervous this interview process was not difficult. I did one phone interview and then a one on one in person interview. It was not as much pressure as a skype interview which I have been on before.