Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2018

2.1

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn. Interview process consist of three phone interviews plus onsite interview. Each phone interview took about 30-45min. Onsite interview took about 1.5 hours. I was offered the job onsite.

Vice President ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online for SVP of Ecommerce. The Hot Topic Head of Recruiting & On-Boarding reached out via email. Him and I had a call, at this time he told me the position was downgraded to just VP. . He sent me an email inviting me to meet in-person with their CEO, VP of HR, and him. I went to their office to meet. They were very busy with other interviews. I met with each one. The CEO for 45 minutes. The VP of HR for 5 minutes, and the recruiter for 30.

The recruiter gave me a bottle of water and a tour. Everyone was very nice.

The office is open seating without walls.

I gave the interview a negative review because I emailed all three people, and they never replied. I also left a voicemail for the recruiter, and he never called back. It would have been nice for them to just let me know if I made it to the next stage. All other companies that I've dealt with had the decency to reply.

Best of luck my friends.

Interview Questions

Hot Topic Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thanks for providing this feedback! We did connect with everyone that interviewed for this role; looks like our timing might have been slightly off as we were deep in the interview process, and... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

Very easy process. I went in and interviewed with the store manager, and then about a week or two later I interviewed with the district manager. Both were face to face interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

This was a group interview with about 3 other girls. The manager took us to the starbucks in he food court and asked us about ourselves and what we were looking for in the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Still waiting for the HR to call me for an interview after leaving multiple follow up calls hinting that I'm interested. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I personally submitted my application.

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

On Sunday, I turned in the Application form in person, and luckily the manager was there that day, he said to come on Friday at 3;30. I was honestly nervous as hell, but the more i talked to the manager i started to be comfortable. For people wondering what to wear, just wear any band t-shirt that you like or something similar to Hot Topic brand! i wore my Of Mice & Men tank top with black pants and some boots.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness   3 Answers
    • What are your fave bands you listen to   3 Answers
    • What job experience have you had before   1 Answer
    • What is your fave thing in the store that they license   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2017.

Interview

they did a group interview they were really nice and energetic. They sat us down and gave us 2 mins to talk about ourselves. They get back to you really fast over all great experience

Interview Questions

• what made you wanna apply to hottopic?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Glendale, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to turn in my application in-person and immediately had a mini interview with the assistant manager. Later the same day the store manager called me and said that he would like to set up an interview with me and 5 days later was my interview and it went smoothly. Unfortunately I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hot Topic?
      Why should I hire you?
      Name your top 5 bands.
      What's your favorite food?
      What is the difference between customer service and selling?
      What stores do you shop at?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview, turns out I was told the wrong day. Along with who knows how many other people. The girl taking our names was extremely rude and yelled at us like it was our fault her fellow manager told us all the wrong day. She had people coming in all day asking about interviews but I’m a little surprised that by maybe the 5th person she didn’t call that manager and let him know so someone could call people and make sure they didn’t think it was yesterday. And she really didn’t need to be rude about it, it wasn’t our fault. I have social anxiety and she just made me feel horrible about myself by yelling at me to speak louder and tell me that manager wasn’t even working that day. So, I won’t be going back even if they do want to reschedule. Horrible way to treat people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and they asked mostly questions about pop culture. The interviewers were kind and nice and said we would be in contact soon . All in all it was a very positive experience and I hope I get the job