Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 310 of over 310 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Hot Topic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic in Sep 2020

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the next morning to schedule an in-person interview, it was pretty quick. They asked me a few questions related to the job and then we were done.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about favorite bands and tv shows, it was pretty simple.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Hot Topic

Application

I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

First interview is your normal screening. They’ll ask about your experience and some hypotheticals. If they like you then they’ll more than likely immediately recommend you for the second interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you react to being told no after asking for a number for a rewards program?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Springfield, VA)

Interview

I was a creative and nice process that I didn't expect but still enjoyed I'm bad at describing things so I'm gonna write nonsense to fill the 30 word requirement

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hot Topic

Application

I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

It was quick and understandable! The people are really nice and cheerful, I like how you can feel like you are at home you can literally wear anything to the interview that has to do with pop culture

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hot Topic

Application

I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

Overall pleasant and relaxed experience. Dressing in your own personal style is encouraged. The interview process was very casual and relaxed. They want someone who will fit in the the culture and knows the products to better help customers.

Interview Questions
  • If you were in the circus, what would you be?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Los Angeles, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

It was a super casual solo interview, just outside of the store. I met with the assistant manager who asked some questions, then the store manager who asked mainly the same ones.

Interview Questions
  • Q: If you thought someone was stealing from the store, what would you do?
  • Q: What makes you stand out opposed to other candidates?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Palmdale, CA) in May 2021

Interview

It was easy peasy. Since with covid they are doing one on one with the manager and no group interviews. We went to the food court area for the interview. Dress up profesional but not too much and add some flare! Shoes, bag. Hair. Makeup. Etc

Interview Questions
  • She ask what are my hobbies and what I like to do for fun. Two To describe a good shopping experience either from your old job or anywhere you’ve shopped at. Three describe a bad experience and what did you do. Four how do you learn about what’s new and trending in the pop culture world. - online - friends - kids- tick tock- insta etc. Five what skills do you have to offer. Six what would your old employee say about you. Seven about covid and lifting the mask requirements to shops In store if they are vaccinated if you’ll be ok with that or not. Because if it happens some may not want to work there. Her team was so far against it and want to be safe. Good if you ask me. Safer than sorry ya know. If your wondering what to wear dress up but not over the top. You still want to be professional and you want them to take you seriously. Just add some flare with your mask or shoes or hair or a pin here and there on your bag or something. Trust me they will notice and we had a con ta out my mask it was anime. Said they will let me know in a few weeks they had a few openings and appt of Interviews to go. Good luck to all.

Hot Topic

Application

I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

Super fun and simple. Group interview, we mainly talked about music and did it popcorn style. The interviewer had a lot of fun questions and the interview took no longer than 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Hot Topic

Application

I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

Talked on phone first. Interview was Informal, chatting with manager while sitting outside. Lots of various types of questions. Went over resume and asked a question about each job. Went over day to day activities and scheduling.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Hot Topic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

The process was very easy and the questions were similar to those they ask at the beginning of the school year when you're getting to know your classmates. The questions were all basically ice breakers and the whole interview took less than ten minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What bands do you like? What is your favorite animal? What is your favorite color?
2 people found this interview helpful

Hot Topic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic

Interview

This interview was a group interview and it was not awkward and there was laughs and it was fun. They asked about 4 questions. Super a was easy ones like what do your want your work schedule to be

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 310 Interviews