Intel Corporation Systems Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Employee Referral20%
HardAverageEasy
Found 22 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

Online screening application, connect with HR, then interviewer directly. Phone interview lasted about an hour, then the next round is on site if you make it. Had to do with computer architecture related questions (resume items) then some thinking type questions in a conversational manner about the validation process. Then some time for questions.

Interview Questions
  • Personal Projects, Verification Methodology
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2018

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter who went through the normal initial questions about your current work situation, explained a bit about the company, asked a few technical questions on my work experience basically so he could know exactly where/if I would be a good fit. Got contacted again 2 weeks after with an invitation to the Red Carpet Event.

Interview Questions
  • I was interviewed by 5 different managers/leads for different teams. I got drilled on technical questions from System Engineering architecture domain, Server, and hyperscale storage design/data center networking architecture, server components internals & data flow, systems hardware and software testing and a few test scripts questions. Personally, I had experience in these domains so I could answer most of these questions. Overall, the interview porocess was great. I had a great time, meeting new people. The interview took about 5 hrs with a short lunch break. My advice is that you should be Honest and knowledgeable in everything on your Resume. If you don't know an answer to a question, DO NOT try to answer. Just let the interviewer know that you don't know the answer or you have no idea, but you are willing to dedicate your time to learn.
Anonymous Employee in Singapore
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Singapore) in Apr 2018

Interview

Requirement perfectly matched my profile and the Interview was average. Doing good at work from past 1 year in Singapore. Currently working on Network Chip development. My core work is on Pre and Post Silicon Validation (Emulation Environment).

Interview Questions
  • After technical round the final question was whether i am ok to work as contractor.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

New Grad Hire : A hiring manager got in contact with me about my resume in November/Early December. Around February/March I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview. Interview questions on the phone interview were pretty basic. After passing the phone interview, I was offered an on-site interview. Intel paid for all expenses, I opted not to fly since I lived a few hours drive away The onsite interview was grueling, 9 to 4 or so, back to back 1 hour 1:1 interviews with a lunch with a manager and employee. Some technical, some brain teasers, some behavioral, some conversational. I think the general purpose of the interview is to see how you think and learn -- be sure to think out loud as much as possible. There were repeat questions, I think this was to see if you retained information if you got help earlier on with a question. I got everyone's email who interviewed with me that day from the hiring manger, and sent them all a quick personalized email about what we talked about in the interviews and thanked them for the time -- no idea if it helped my chances, but did it because I genuinely liked talking with the engineers there. I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Phone Screen: - When and how do you define a global in C? - How many hex digits in a byte?
Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA)

Interview

interview process three weeks. first round was phone interview. after one week they called for on-site interview. they asked pretty much basic questions. it had 6 interviews with different members of the team. they asked about projects and little bit of PERL coding and C++. They gave me the offer letter one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • basic questions about CMOS, Noise Margin, PERL regular expressions.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in Jun 2015

Interview

I applied online. It took 4 weeks. Hiring and interview process: HR scheduled a phone interview with Hiring manager. Then got a call from HR for a scheduled on-site interview. On-site, interviewed by 5 people using behavioral questions and discuss job experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Give me one challenging project you worked on? describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it? Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions Situation-Action-Result Hiring manager asked me to put the answers in the above format for each of the questions. He asked me to give an example where your opinion was different from other team members - describe the situation, what was your solution, how was it different from the solution that majority suggested, how you put your idea on the table, what was the result. He asked me to tell him about some previous experiences (can be from work, education or life) where you have to react quickly. What were the results?
Anonymous Employee in Haifa
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa) in Mar 2015

Interview

interview started by personal questions, what i did in the past , and why i choose computer science to learn. they explained about the position and what they do exactly, then they asked me a two technical questions. they asked me about my previous job, what i did , and what role was, as well as they asked about previous project

Interview Questions
  • to count the number of "1" in all numbers from 1 to 1000.
Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Vancouver, BC) in Mar 2015

Interview

I applied online and it took a few weeks fro them to get back to me. Once the hiring mannager contacted me the process was very quick and pleasant. Phone screening call, 2 onsite interviews - one with the hiring manager and then with various team members. Both interview were technical and informal.

Interview Questions
  • Write a C function to swap two variables
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

Divide by 2 frequency circuit ? Mux using nand gates only ! 1)logic design 2) computer architecture 3) validation 4) software More question to teset how well you understand the circuit from system level ,Buses , inter connect

Interview Questions
  • How is os behavioral simulate in Pre silicon verification ? How would Debug and verify your USB ? FSM machine for Traffic light controller for 4 way road !
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Columbia, SC) in May 2014

Interview

Intel got in touch with me through email after they had seen my resume which I gave them through a career fair. I later sent them an updated resume and filled out a questionnaire they gave me. This led to an initial phone screening the week later. The same week they setup an onsite interview for me and asked me to fill out an application online. The interview was setup for the week after, and they booked a hotel room for me for two nights. The interview consisted of several one on one interviews, along with a tour and lunch. It basically lasted for the whole workday. Technical questions were asked throughout the interviews: a circuits problem, conversion from hexadecimal to binary, logic truth tables, and a brain teaser. Knowledge of using specific equipment was also asked. One interview was more behavior based. Overall I enjoyed my time meeting with the people there and learning about what they do. They were very hospitable.

Interview Questions
  • Conversion from hexadecimal to binary. The brain teaser: You have two cups, one that can hold up to 5 quartz of water and the other 3 quartz. Get me to 4 quartz of water.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 22