J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2018

2.2

Visual Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Super easy, in person, one on one interview over coffee. Lasted about 10 minutes. Very informal environment. They called back almost immediately to offer the position. Very easy hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I applied online then received a phone call a week later to schedule an interview. The interview asks specific type of questions by looking at your resume.

Interview Questions

• She asked questions that are along the lines to what they are looking for in a prime candidate.   Answer Question

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arden, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew (Arden, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

I sent in my resume then I was scheduled for my interview. When I showed up I was given a tour of the facility and explained the different roles in the warehouse.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got a phone call after applying and had one in-person interview before getting hired.

Pretty straight forward, I already had retail experience and they were a new store.

Interview Questions

• A question in terms of handling difficult customers came up.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Baltimore, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was offered an in-store interview. I meant with the store director and one of the assistant managers then had a phone interview with the district manager. A couple of days later the store director called and offered me the position. The whole process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you? (what things are important to you as a manager)   1 Answer

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was quite lengthy. Interviewed on the phone and then had 5 30-minute interviews at the J Crew office. Never heard back. Months later they reached out again and I had the same experience (interviewed with several people, never heard back).

Interview Questions

• What do you think of J Crew product? What's missing from the assortment?   Answer Question

Email/Chat Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

First, took a typing test, and had to write a response to a sample email. I also watched a video on what J.Crew is about. Afterwards, was asked questions about styling and computer skills.

Interview Questions

• What shortcuts are used for copy and paste?   Answer Question
    • What styling advice would you give a customer who purchased black pants?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you faced a difficult customer situation, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY).

Interview

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

I had a phone screening that I thought went really well. I sent a thank you email and several follow up emails in the following weeks. Completely ghosted. I had to find out my application was no longer being considered by checking the status on JCrew Talent. Extremely disappointing considering I worked for the company for over a year. Rude and disrespectful.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Interview with store manager, learned more about the company. Asked questions and talked about development with JCrew (internships, etc). Offered on the spot and had a group orientation that was great

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & what makes you want to work at J Crew   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Easy, Breezy. Asked questions about how I know about the company. why I like fashion , who are my favorite designers. What is your schedule like . strengths/weaknesses ? Situational questions such as tell me a time when.... Or scenarios like this person comes in and needs this how would you help them if something else was going on ?