J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Interview with store manager, learned more about the company. Asked questions and talked about development with JCrew (internships, etc). Offered on the spot and had a group orientation that was great

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & what makes you want to work at J Crew   Answer Question

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Easy, Breezy. Asked questions about how I know about the company. why I like fashion , who are my favorite designers. What is your schedule like . strengths/weaknesses ? Situational questions such as tell me a time when.... Or scenarios like this person comes in and needs this how would you help them if something else was going on ?

Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was in a group interview with two other people. I was disappointed that it was not a one on one interview - how are they supposed to get to know me asking general questions to 3 people at once? The other 2 people in the group interview were half my age, which is not an issue as J. Crew has employees of all ages. I was the only one who asked questions about opportunites for advancement in the company, getting time off for vacations, the dress code, etc. The fact that it was a group interview tells me there are a lot of people applying for this job. I guess they are doing group interviews to narrow down the pool of applicants to the very best candidates for the job. I think they should have informed me it would be a group, not one on one, interview. The interview was on a Sunday afternoon and we were told we would be contaced by the end of the week about the job. I chose ‘yes, but I declined’ below as I truly believe I will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to tell a bit about ourselves, then why we wanted to work at J. Crew. We were then asked how our prior experience would benefit our employment at J. Crew. We were told repeatedly that we needed to be able dress in the ‘J. Crew style’ to prove we could style the customers accordingly. Out of the 3 of us interviewed in the group I was the only one dressed in ‘J. Crew style’.   Answer Question
    • We were asked about our availability to work. We were told weekends are mandatory and that you would basically be on call to work if you were not already scheduled on both weekend days. So this won’t be a good job for you unless you are willing to work both weekend days or be on call for J. Crew all weekend.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I applied on paper, then was asked back for an interview. They asked basic questions, such as time management and also questions about why I wanted to work at J. Crew, my interest in fashion

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was quite brief and was very relaxed. Be prepared to impress and know the brand. Being honest and truthful will always help since they will recognize that and understand where you are coming from that way.

Interview Questions

• With your working history and academic interests, why J.crew?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I met with my interviewer and we went to a nearby coffee shop to conduct the interview. She made sure I was comfortable and didn't need anything to drink. The interviewer was extremely easy to talk to, it turned out to be much more of an easygoing conversation than I'm used to.

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you had a negative customer service experience at a retail store as a customer. Why was this?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

The interview process was very easy going. We went to a cafe across the street and simply talked about the role and why I thought I'd be a good fit. The interviewer was extremely easy to talk to, and made it feel less like a grilling session and more like a getting to know each other session.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received poor customer service? What happened?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I went into the store and had one interview. They asked me basic questions and had me put together three outfits. Put 3 outfits together, one for a date, one for a party, one for work. Also had basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Put 3 outfits together, one for a date, one for a party, one for work.   1 Answer

Distribution Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back within a week to schedule a phone screening. About two weeks after the phone screening, I never heard any news or an update on my application status. I reached out to the person who interviewed me, but did not get a response, which I assume I did not get into another round of interviews. (I find this to be very typical when it comes to dealing with HR at any company so I did not penalize my experience based on that.)

Interview Questions

• The interview itself is very general. They will ask you typical interview questions and questions about your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Super friendly. Do your research and practice practice practice. Just be prepared and you'll do well. They want to know you and how well you fit into the team.