J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Crew (Bellevue, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very casual setting so you must remember that you are in an "interview." Dress as though you represent the JCrew brand, and make sure that you understand the store setup before signing on the dotted line (e.g., you are responsible for sales, stocking, inventory, etc.)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Very fun interview after a few times calling was asked to come in for a short maybe 30 minute interview to chat with the hiring manager. After that she called back a few days later to offer me the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

One in person interview, very easy. Interviewer was easy to talk to and just asked about my experiences and what I should expect at J Crew. The interviewer asked me if I was sociable and good with customers. The interviewer explained that the customers come from all around the world and have many different tastes and its my job to help them find what outfits they are looking for.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in September 2017.

Interview

Very easy interview process. The manager called me 2 days after I sent in my application and wanted to sit down in person to talk. I went in to speak with her, she asked me 3 questions, and told me that I had the job after 15 minutes of speaking to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is J-Crew's brand?
      What is great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at J. Crew (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Brief process; Sitting down the HR manager discussing past employment and any skills you think would help you selling product/ styling clients. Takes about 20 mins, and they are very friendly. They want responsible employees who show up on time, can connect with customers and the more open your schedule is the better!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond what was asked of you   1 Answer

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew in August 2017.

Interview

The best interview I've ever had the store manager was so welcoming I was super nervous but fell totally in love with the position I forgot I was on an interview she was so sweet i was hired on the spot just waiting on the backround check can't wait to start!

Functional Systems Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Extensive and thorough, but understandably so. J.Crew is going through a transition period and the company is making sure to hire the right people for the roles to ensure near future success. There were about 4 rounds of phone calls before the face to face. The HR recruiter always made it point to keep me updated on what the next steps were, or what we were waiting for. J.Crew was great to accommodate my schedule and was able to set up multiple face to face meetings in one day, instead of me having to come in on multiple occasions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a problem. Either a past job, or current.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (San Antonio, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I had high hopes for this place but it was a complete waste of time and was very distasteful. I hope corporate stops by this San Antonio call center location. I won't ever be purchasing from j.crew ever again and will pass on the memo to everyone I know. This place should be shut down. Google it, you won't find any other good reviews. This is for the people who actually had to endure working here, I thankfully had the pleasure of walking in and never returning to this disgusting place.

Interview Questions

• easy elementary school questions, 2 tests on a computer, and hr who sucks   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

Moved up from within the company- it was through good training and strong leadership that I was prepared for the role and have been successful at it. The senior leaders in my building saw my potential and embraced it from the very beginning. I look forward to the next step I take with the company- I never considered working for another retailer because of the pride I take in this brand and my work here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I noticed a sign in store saying they were hiring so I applied online that day and received a phone call a few days later to come in for an in-person interview with one of the managers.