J. Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Crew Interview Questions

Interviews at J. Crew

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

I was interviewed, it was very professional and I was asked about my future endeavors which was nice because I’m a young college student. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was later offered the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

HR woman called me over the phone for first round of interview. Seemed like a second round type of questions. Pretty standard interview questions, and need to do research on the company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

It was group interview they only wanted to know about available hours. We were 5 people and they got each one of us to try outfits and then wanted to see us work for a day.

Learning and Development Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew in February 2020.

Interview

Overall, not impressed by the communication. It was initially ok through email but then the person didn't call at the agreed time. I followed up and was asked to reschedule, which we did. The person called a few minutes late. I emailed a thank you note but never heard back. I assume they moved forward with a different candidate but it would have been good practice to loop back and provide an update, regardless of the decision.

Interview Questions

• Logistical questions included the office location and my work authorization status. I was asked to provide a voice-over of my CV and then share examples of instructional learning design experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process is friendly, they respect my point of view and seem passionate about listening my ideas and so on. The interview process is friendly, they respect my point of view and seem passionate about listening my ideas and so on. The interview process is friendly, they respect my point of view and seem passionate about listening my ideas and so on.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn from your past job?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Baltimore, MD) in November 2019.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter, then I went in for an in person interview with the store manager. Lastly, I spoke with the district manager on the phone. The interview went smoothly, it was very laid-back and casual.

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. Crew (Grand Rapids, MI) in November 2019.

Interview

It was brief and painless honestly I expected the interview process to be more daunting but the person that interviewed me did a great job making it easy. the process took a little bit longer than I think it normally takes since it was just before Black Friday and all that weekend's sales.

Interview Questions

• What are J. crew's biggest competitors   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview

First there was a phone screen with HR. Then invited to the call center. Was first given a written test on a computer to test communication & computer skills. After that, HR conducts a 1 on 1 interview. Job was offered on the spot.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me this item." Then you are handed an item, sweater, shirt, etc. and asked to describe the merchandise in a positive light.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy and repetitive. Group interview followed by two interviews with a manager and the store director. It was fine but a lot of questions repeated. Dress in Jcrew if you can they care how you look

Stylist Interview

Interview

Sat down in the office with the hiring manager and was asked simple questions about my style and what my sales experience was. We did a fit session where I tried on a lot of clothes to know how everything fit.