Lockheed Martin Proposal Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Proposal Analyst Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Marietta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a hiring event at the Marietta, GA facility. I think there were two waves of interviewees. I was a part of the morning group of about 20 interviewees from 8 - 12:30, and there were more afterwards until 4:30. There was a presentation of an overview of the company, breakfast, facility tour, interviews, and lunch. I interviewed with 3 men, 2 finance managers plus their Sr. finance manager in a small room around a table. They had a list of questions they were reading from and writing all of my answers down.

It has only been a few days since I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important creativity or efficiency? Why?
    Which is more important details or the big picture? Why?
    Tell us about a time you solved a problem.
    What do you know about Lockheed Martin?
    Why do you want to work for Lockheed Martin?
    How well do you work in teams?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult person.
    Explain how you used Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
    Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Proposal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in February 2015.

Interview

I was flown out to Georgia to interview at their Aeronautics facility. All expenses (hotel, rental car, food) were paid for. Flew out the day before the interview to attend a hiring event the next day. There was a morning and an afternoon batch (I was part of the afternoon one). There were about 10-15 others there all interviewing for different positions, including 1 going for the same one as I was. Total, expect 3-4 others interviewing for the same position that you are. Hiring event consisted of a presentation about the company, facility tour, and one 45-60 minute interview with 3 different managers. Asked me around 15 personality questions to be answered in the STAR format, nothing technical. After the interview, I was told I would hear back in a few days but unfortunately never heard anything until I checked in with the recruiter 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Are you someone that sees the big picture or focuses on the smaller details of a project?   Answer Question

Proposal Analyst Interview

Interview

Got a phone call and did an informal interview then and there. Basic behavioral questions. Got an on-site interview with two employees that lasted about an hour. Not a lot of hard questions but no easy ones either.

Interview Questions

• They really drill down for your answers on team dynamics so be prepared to discuss them at length   Answer Question

The offer was great and I think Lockheed is a great company. I had another offer that was slightly better and it was a VERY tough decision

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Grand Prairie, TX).

Interview

Applied Online, referred by employee, on site interview with manager and two members of his team.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was easy. We talked over the phone, me and a manager, a lead, and a senior employee in the group. The questions asked and the answers given didn't seem to matter. I didn't really want the job that badly...it certainly was not my first choice, so I barely tried. I know I didn't say or do anything stellar, but they still offered me the job. I still am not sure why they made me an offer...? I think I just had the right background within the company. I had held a couple related job roles. They also didn't try hard to "sell" me on the position, saying things like, "This isn't a superstar type of position. This is something people do for a little while before moving on to something else."

Negotiation

I didn't get anything extra out of them salary-wise, and I did my research and made a strong case. However, I did turn down relocation package and ask for cash instead. I got $5,000. This was worth it for me b/c I was not actually selling my home, and only "moving" a few hours away where I would rent a room during the work week.

FYI, for internal employees or people who know someone who works at this company, take the salary range given. Find the midpoint [=(low number + high number)/2], then multiply it by either .8 or .85 (as in 80% or 85% of the midpoint. If you are in the range experience wise of the number of years experience they are looking for, then this formula will give you a pretty good idea of what they might offer you. If you are moving to a higher or lower cost of living, factor that in accordingly (eg. 11% higher cost of living should be 11% higher income than calculated in the previous equation).

OR, you might get 115% of your current salary. They will shoot for whichever is lower, so you need to shoot for whichever is higher. They wouldn't take money away from you if you were making more then the position range. However, come promotion time, you would be "topped out" and not get a raise probably.

It is difficult to negotiate with a big corporation. managers don't have the same power as, say, a privately owned company, company owner would, obviously.

Proposal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2007.

Interview

It was great. Basically described what i was going to be doing. I got hired once I graduated.- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Negotiation