Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Asc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.1

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Interview

A recruiter came to my college campus and I forwarded him my resume and within a week I had an initial phone screening. Two weeks later I did a security questionnaire and a phone interview with three managers that seemed to go well. Haven't heard back from them in a month, so I don't know whats happening next, but so far so good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed for two positions, one in California and one in Texas. The one with the Dallas, TX office was via video conference. It was mostly personality-based questions and reviewing the contents of my resume. Two managers sat in on the interview. Overall not too many technical questions, but a couple to test problem solving skills and approaches.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was long because Lockheed had me in the system for months. I was skipped and sent to the on-site interview instead of the initial phone screenings and etc. Initially, 14 people were on-site for interviews and some applied for Software and others for Systems engineering. You had an hour long presentation on the overview of the company and also the perks and benefits. Then you went straight to interviews. You have 3 interviews that are close to 45 mins long. The people are very nice in tone and fair when it comes to interviewing questions. Everyone gets asked the same question for the job they are applying for. The first two people were purely asking behavioral questions and the first person told me not to even worry about STAR based answering. Interview as followed:
    1) Behavioral questions. 1-2 questions on the background on my resume.
    2) Behavioral questions. 1-2 questions on background in technical experience.
    3) 1-2 behavioral questions. 10 Technical questions. Followed by Whizbang coding question. You have to be able to walk through the answer and explain what you did.

Interview Questions

• What is OOP?
      What is polymorphism?
      What is inheritance?
      What is an abstract class?
      What is FINAL in java?
      Complete Whizz-bang question you have 13 minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Home Gardens, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Home Gardens, CA).

Interview

Sent in my resume and a couple weeks later they phoned me and scheduled a phone interview with me. Good interviewing process, a little on the easy side. They phoned me and we did the entire interview over the phone. They were friendly and professional. They asked a lot of Java based questions. The personality questions were pretty straightforward as well. All in all, it was positive interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and your team lead disagreed on something?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate as I was happy with the offer.

Software Engineer Asc Interview

Interview

I got emailed by a recruiter from the company asking if I was still interested in getting an interview with them. (I had an interview for a position but with a different team/location and turned down the offer, and my info was still in the system) I had two interviews, none of which were technical. It was more of a behavioral interview, and they wanted to see what kind of skills and experience I had. They were also focused on emphasizing that they wanted to help me develop my coding skills since I had a totally different position at a different job, and I hadn't touched coding in years, if I were to take the position.

Interview Questions

• What languages have you developed in, and which language are you most proficient with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet. I wasn't asked any programming questions. I was asked whether I was familiar with Oracle. It was mostly the Interviewers explaining the contract to me without divulging too many proprietary details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero ability to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online, received a call back the next week and was invited to attend interview two weeks later. They offered to fly me out and pay for a hotel.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about previous jobs I had held throughout college and how I handled certain situations above and beyond my job description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Long HR briefing, three separate interviews, one of which was technical. The other two were more behavioral in nature, i.e. what my ideal job was, how I problem solve and interact with other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Hanover, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted to travel to an interview day hosted near some of the sites around the D.C. area. I met with a few managers in 1 on 1 interviews representing various groups within the IS&GS division. The interviews were fairly laid back. We mostly talked about projects I had worked on in the past, and various programming experience that I had. It wasn't terribly technical and overall was a pretty pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Some standard behavioral questions, then just talked about projects I had worked on and programming languages.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online through LM website and three weeks later was emailed inviting me up to interview in Syracuse, NY. Flew up on Thursday, nice accomodations. Interviewed Friday morning. Three, one-on-one, 45 minute interviews: mostly behavioral with one technical 'coding assignment'. If you know how to use a for loop you'll be fine. Most questions asked about projects I have been involved with and specifics about my resume. Got to speak with two experienced employees and one more recent hire which I really appreciated. Tour of the facility was exciting, weather was not. Lunch provided and opportunity to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when somebody disagreed strongly with a decision of yours. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry level position didn't provide wiggle room but admittedly didn't try to negotiate