Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.0

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me about a month later inviting me out for on-site college hiring event. The whole process was really nice. There was a presentation from several of the managers, college ambassadors, and HR. Then all the candidates (about 15) sat in a room chatting with the college ambassadors, who went through this process last year, and the managers to come get us for an interview. We each had 2 interviews, both behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. How do you work in a team? Give an example of a hard problem you solved? How do you resolve conflict?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Interview process was very inviting and focused on figuring out what your interests and project experience are. Conversational and equally focused on your professionalism as well as your technical abilities. Be able to talk about all projects you've described in your resume and have questions prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2017.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Hiring:
    Got a phone call from 2 managers who gauged my interest in the company. Passed the initial screening and they flew a lot of candidates out to tour the plant in Orlando.

Interview:
    Panel of 5 managers.
    Mostly behavioral questions centered on resume, past and current projects and interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and a teammate clashed on ideas and how you solved the issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Boulder, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to a company hiring event. The company paid for me to fly out to Boulder, CO and covered a one night hotel stay. The recruiter was very responsive and helpful, and the actual interview was surprisingly low-stress, as it was multiple people doing one-on-one interviews in one room. Overall, great experience.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2017.

Interview

After getting a reference and writing a cover letter, I had a single phone interview. It went very well. I spoke with the hiring manager directly, he was very nice and focused on asking technical questions and the contents of my resume. The technical questions weren't too detailed and if you have a 4 year degree in computer science you should at least know the terms mentioned. If you don't know the terms mentioned, you definitely need to show enthusiasm to learn. I was asked about my level of proficiency in C++ (do you know how to write template classes?), the internships I had in the past, my experience with developing for real time operating systems (mention Rate Monotonic and Earliest Deadline First algorithms), my experience with Agile methodology (through internships and classes), whether I knew a design pattern (and what design patterns are), what kinds of platforms I was used to developing on (should know windows and linux). And that's about all I can remember. Make sure you have some good questions for the hiring manager. You should be asking about the team, how people work together and what the team needs are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I was invited to a University Day event at the RMS location in Baltimore. They paid for flight, hotel, rental car, and was willing to reimburse on food. We went through workshops and mock interviews the first day, and the second day we had actual interviews. He did not go over my resume, just talked about the position and what it entailed. Ask a few pop up technical questions within his stories .

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2017.

Interview

Two managers went over my resume and asked about projects I had done. I was then asked some technical questions about databases and object oriented programming. A few days after that an additional manager called and asked about what I was looking for in a career long term.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between outer join and left join   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview. The first one was a phone interview with the team lead and he only asked questions related to my resume. He just wanted some clarification on what I had listed on my previous experiences. The second round was a panel interview over the phone. I was on my last week of school so I was busy with finals and graduation so that's why it was another phone interview. They had three people on the panel, the same team lead, a technical lead, and someone from HR. They asked mostly behavioral questions but there were some technical questions. They weren't too hard, they don't expect you to know everything, especially in an associate position. Overall they were extremely professional while also maintaining a friendly demeanor.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my school for a position. I did not get the position, but was asked a month later if I would like to interview for a SE position. The interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle on a project that you have encountered?   Answer Question