Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.0

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in September 2017.

Interview

After getting a reference and writing a cover letter, I had a single phone interview. It went very well. I spoke with the hiring manager directly, he was very nice and focused on asking technical questions and the contents of my resume. The technical questions weren't too detailed and if you have a 4 year degree in computer science you should at least know the terms mentioned. If you don't know the terms mentioned, you definitely need to show enthusiasm to learn. I was asked about my level of proficiency in C++ (do you know how to write template classes?), the internships I had in the past, my experience with developing for real time operating systems (mention Rate Monotonic and Earliest Deadline First algorithms), my experience with Agile methodology (through internships and classes), whether I knew a design pattern (and what design patterns are), what kinds of platforms I was used to developing on (should know windows and linux). And that's about all I can remember. Make sure you have some good questions for the hiring manager. You should be asking about the team, how people work together and what the team needs are.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in May 2017.

Interview

Two managers went over my resume and asked about projects I had done. I was then asked some technical questions about databases and object oriented programming. A few days after that an additional manager called and asked about what I was looking for in a career long term.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between outer join and left join   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview. The first one was a phone interview with the team lead and he only asked questions related to my resume. He just wanted some clarification on what I had listed on my previous experiences. The second round was a panel interview over the phone. I was on my last week of school so I was busy with finals and graduation so that's why it was another phone interview. They had three people on the panel, the same team lead, a technical lead, and someone from HR. They asked mostly behavioral questions but there were some technical questions. They weren't too hard, they don't expect you to know everything, especially in an associate position. Overall they were extremely professional while also maintaining a friendly demeanor.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my school for a position. I did not get the position, but was asked a month later if I would like to interview for a SE position. The interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle on a project that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Attended a hiring event about 2 weeks after applying on the company’s web site. Had 3 interviews, each one went into great detail about my experience on my resume followed with behavioral questions. Everyone was very friendly and it was a great experience. It is pretty clear Lockheed Martin knows what they are looking for in candidates and their preparation and methods make the nightmare of interviewing quite enjoyable.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with 8 candidates in a waiting room. We were brought into another room to see a powerpoint presentation, followed by 3 one-on-one interviews, the day finished with a tour and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It took two months from my application to actually get the interview after repeatedly being asked to attend next-day, out-of-state interviews. I was finally given a week's notice and showed up to the interview. On-site, most of the employees were very friendly, and they provided food. I sat with other candidates for two to three hours before being escorted to an interview room.

My actual interview lasted half an hour. The employees interviewing me weren't given prior notice and struggled to think of questions to ask. I was given no time to ask questions and was told I'd hear from the company in three days. Later that day I received two forms to fill out, mostly related to security clearances. It was only two months later that I finally received a form rejection.

I feel that the process was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was one interview which was entirely behavioral. We focused on items listed in my resume and I discussed things such as the most interesting project I worked on. The type of software I would be interested in working on if I worked at Lockheed Martin, which languages I felt most comfortable in, etc.

They got back to me with an offer within a week of submitting some further information on their online questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• What was one project you worked on that you were the most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early December and contacted mid-January to complete some security questionnaire forms. I thought it was strange since there wasn't any other communication before then. The day after I completed the forms, I was unexpectedly called by a recruiter who invited me to attend a hiring event a few weeks later. The recruiter sent information on how to book hotel and travel arrangements, which were paid directly by Lockheed Martin. Meals and other incidentals (parking, taxi) would be reimbursed at a later date.

The hiring event was conducted at our hotel with about 20 other candidates who could be interviewing for your same position. On our day, there were two hiring sessions: morning and evening. The morning session concluded around noon with lunch. Afterward, the evening candidates would begin their interviews. Our day began with breakfast, a brief overview of the company, and introductions by hiring managers. The interviews were 1-to-1 with a manager for about 30-45 minutes. All the candidates sat in a waiting room where you could talk to some current employees. The managers came and called you to another room whenever they were ready. Most people had 2 or 3 interviews since managers will sometimes try to fill roles other than the one you originally applied for.

Interviews were mostly informal conversations. I was nervous at first, but it quickly went away after a few minutes with the manager. There weren't any technical coding questions since most managers were looking to see if you were a good team fit for the role. They value experiences working with teams, so I suggest having a few examples ready. After the interviews, all the candidates had an “exit” interview about their application/interview experience. They told us they would make decisions later in the day with final offers being sent out next week.

Overall, I had a really great experience with Lockheed Martin. The recruiters were really friendly and responsive to questions/emails. The hiring managers were nice, approachable, and seem vested in making sure you had a good overview of the company and had all your questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Describe time with underperforming/difficult team member. Prefer working alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very relaxed, and formal. The managers did a fantastic of making the interview as non stressful as possible. There were literally no technical questions asked. Just questions on your experience and skills you have listed on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations