Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockheed Martin Software Engineer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter at my school for a position. I did not get the position, but was asked a month later if I would like to interview for a SE position. The interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle on a project that you have encountered?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Syracuse, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The day started with 8 candidates in a waiting room. We were brought into another room to see a powerpoint presentation, followed by 3 one-on-one interviews, the day finished with a tour and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

It took two months from my application to actually get the interview after repeatedly being asked to attend next-day, out-of-state interviews. I was finally given a week's notice and showed up to the interview. On-site, most of the employees were very friendly, and they provided food. I sat with other candidates for two to three hours before being escorted to an interview room.

My actual interview lasted half an hour. The employees interviewing me weren't given prior notice and struggled to think of questions to ask. I was given no time to ask questions and was told I'd hear from the company in three days. Later that day I received two forms to fill out, mostly related to security clearances. It was only two months later that I finally received a form rejection.

I feel that the process was a waste of time for everyone involved.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied early December and contacted mid-January to complete some security questionnaire forms. I thought it was strange since there wasn't any other communication before then. The day after I completed the forms, I was unexpectedly called by a recruiter who invited me to attend a hiring event a few weeks later. The recruiter sent information on how to book hotel and travel arrangements, which were paid directly by Lockheed Martin. Meals and other incidentals (parking, taxi) would be reimbursed at a later date.

The hiring event was conducted at our hotel with about 20 other candidates who could be interviewing for your same position. On our day, there were two hiring sessions: morning and evening. The morning session concluded around noon with lunch. Afterward, the evening candidates would begin their interviews. Our day began with breakfast, a brief overview of the company, and introductions by hiring managers. The interviews were 1-to-1 with a manager for about 30-45 minutes. All the candidates sat in a waiting room where you could talk to some current employees. The managers came and called you to another room whenever they were ready. Most people had 2 or 3 interviews since managers will sometimes try to fill roles other than the one you originally applied for.

Interviews were mostly informal conversations. I was nervous at first, but it quickly went away after a few minutes with the manager. There weren't any technical coding questions since most managers were looking to see if you were a good team fit for the role. They value experiences working with teams, so I suggest having a few examples ready. After the interviews, all the candidates had an “exit” interview about their application/interview experience. They told us they would make decisions later in the day with final offers being sent out next week.

Overall, I had a really great experience with Lockheed Martin. The recruiters were really friendly and responsive to questions/emails. The hiring managers were nice, approachable, and seem vested in making sure you had a good overview of the company and had all your questions answered.

Interview Questions

• Describe time with underperforming/difficult team member. Prefer working alone or with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (State College, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was one interview which was entirely behavioral. We focused on items listed in my resume and I discussed things such as the most interesting project I worked on. The type of software I would be interested in working on if I worked at Lockheed Martin, which languages I felt most comfortable in, etc.

They got back to me with an offer within a week of submitting some further information on their online questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• What was one project you worked on that you were the most proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was very relaxed, and formal. The managers did a fantastic of making the interview as non stressful as possible. There were literally no technical questions asked. Just questions on your experience and skills you have listed on your resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New York, NY).

Interview

Was brought out to a hiring event after speaking to their booth at a conference; had a few one on one interviews there, behavioral only. Everyone there was very nice and relaxed and they got back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that involved one of your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

They flew me out to Denver for a new grad hiring event. They separated us into rooms and the hiring managers talked to each of us at least twice. The interviews lasted about 30 minutes or more, they were mostly nontechnical since the hiring managers were not engineers themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an conflict in a group setting. How did you resolve it? (answer it in STAR format)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Behavioral questions and questions about your technical background. They use your responses to see if you have a strong enough technical background. There was a panel with about 5 hiring managers who ask you questions and tell you about the teams.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about challenging projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Palmdale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Lockheed Martin Palmdale campus on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 with Britt Reiman.

The interview process was sudden. They emailed me for an in-person interview a day prior to its taking place. There was no phone screening/interview prior to the event.

Aside from all the security procedures that took place, the interview process at Lockheed Martin was rather open-ended. They told me to explain my resume to them. Then they asked questions with regards to what I told them.

They did not prepare any particular questions regarding specific topics for me to answer and there was no whiteboard problem solving. (The room didn't even have a whiteboard.) Everything they asked me about was something I had written on my resume, myself.

This could have been the result of my lack of experience, however, and their feeling that they did not have any technical questions that I could be likely to answer.