Lockheed Martin System Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.5

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Lockheed Martin at the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers 2017 National Conference. They contacted me for an interview before the conference started, and they interviewed me in the giant interview hall that all the attending companies were grouped in. I applied for the position before the conference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to hold people accountable?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very well put together. I was invited to a event with 10 other candidates. You can either have one interview or multiples depending on who is interested in you. Hiring managers are pretty easy going people, but they also hold a certain expectation of you.

Interview Questions

• What attracts me to systems engineering , being that I have a mechanical background?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Was called to set up interview for a week later by phone. Interviewed by phone; interview was very casual and they believed I was an ideal fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Identify a situation where you experienced conflict with coworkers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Moorestown, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

After a multiple of reschedules and dinner cancellations. I flew down to the Moorestown facility. The day before my stay, I was kicked out of the hotel. This kinda brought me a red flag between the company's relationship with the local businesses. So I went down to stay at another hotel. I went to sleep like at 3 in the morning, and I was determined that I wouldn't be going to the hiring event. The next day I had been woken up by recruiter calls and when I woke up, it was already 3 hrs late. After a slight hesitation, I went to the interview and went through the interview. I didn't prepare anything and had no idea what they were doing there nor what position was I being interviewed for. The managers were kind enough to offer an interview for a namesake. I just mumbled along. I had a good tour of the facility and the campus was very nice. Lockheed isn't a company you want to work for if you are serious about engineering, but just the pay or the benefits. Don't be fooled if the interviewers are super-nice, they won't even respond nor any feedback once you leave the facility. There is an interview evaluation sheet you will be given at the end.

Interview Questions

• The managers seemed to be asking me, just for the sake of asking something. Whether you are a team player, work overtime, team conflict handling, questions from the resume.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Attended a hiring event and had 2 separate interviews. Each one was with a senior systems engineer that worked in the group. Both had to ask pre-decided questions that were mostly behavioral in nature (e.g. describe I time when you...). After the standard questions, we talked a lot about the activities involved in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed in a task and how did you take steps to mitigate that failure?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

Phone interview after applying online. For systems engineering position in Fort Worth, Texas. Asked basic team-oriented questions. Said that they were not expecting technical systems engineering answers as it was and entry-level positon. Division was being bought by Leidos, and they asked if it would be acceptable to work at that company instead of Lockheed Martin.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a team project to which you have contributed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (New Orleans, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email notifying me of a phone interview. I was interviewed by two managers and they each had a few questions for me and I asked several questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time whether it was something you built or a project you worked on that involved materials science.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an invitation to a reception dinner on the evening before the day of the interview. The reception dinner was rather laid back. There were about 50 other candidates who were interviewing for other positions. Alongwith othe candidates was about 2 or 3 representatives from LM. (none of them were of the ones interviewing me the next day) After dinner was served, there was a brief presentation about what the LM does at that specific facility. (Some facilities are more involved with certain projects than others) Take note to projects, so you can ask about them throuhgout your interview the following day, especially if something inerests you.

The following day, at the LM facility, consisted of a brief presentation about how the company has different benefits for their employees. Following that, you wait in the board room until the interviewing managers come to the room to take you on a walk to their office where they interview you. The interview questions consist of general questions based off of your resume. Others are, "Why did you choose LM as a potential career path?" They also will ask you to talk about classes you are taking and if you are doing any projects in those classes, assuming you are a soon to be college grad. This will happen 4 times as you will be interviewed by 4 different people/managers that are of 4 different departments. At the end of the interviews, you are asked to assign a priority to each manager to indicate your interests for each department. If you seem to fit well into any department when the managers review the candidaes, they will give you the manager/department you ranked the highest.

The decision was supposedly made that day but we weren't notified until a week later when I got an email with the offer letter.

Negotiation

I accepted the first offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin in December 2016.

Interview

Very simple, a series of 4 interviews in a matter of 4 hours. The interview consisted of possible managers that best match your resume or skill. No technical questions were asked, but if you dive into something technical, then they try to test you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online, and was asked to fly out to the facility in Herndon, VA to interview at a hiring event 10 days later. It was an easy process, and the interviews were very straightforward. There were two interviews about 30 minutes each. They followed a script for questions, utilizing the STAR method of personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an experience where you disagreed with a peer and how you came to a compromise.   Answer Question