Lockheed Martin Systems Engineering Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Liverpool, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Three forty five minute interviews along with an intro presentation about Lockheed Martin, a facility tour, and a sit down lunch with employees and other candidates being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email asking for additional information for a given requisition. After filling that out I was contacted by phone a few days later to schedule an in person interview at the facility the job would be for. Hiring event consisted of around 30 people, everyone was given two interviews. One was typical behavioral interview and they wanted all the answers in STAR format. Other was slightly more technical and just went over the stuff I had on my resume

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to prioritize something for a group   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brought in for lunch. Then interviewed with two different managers. Interviewers were very friendly. The actual questions were all behavioral, "tell me about you resume"-type questions.

We were told during the day that they pass resumes to other managers internally, which was a nice thing to hear. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a team member was difficult to work with   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Then, a recruiter reached out to me asking for more information. Perhaps 4 weeks later, I was asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview was with an engineer and the hiring manager. It lasted about 30 minutes. About half the interview was the engineer who worked at Lockheed discussing the position and a typical day in his shoes. They asked me about my experiences with systems engineering. After the interview it took about a month again to receive feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experiences that were listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then received an email from HR to schedule a phone interview. Next, I had a phone interview with two LM employees at the same time. They asked me questions about the job and my experience. Prepare for the typical interview questions and read about the company and your position/what your position requires you to know and refresh your memory of the skills. If you get a job offer, then try to visit the site before deciding.

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you deal with diversity and inclusion?
      2) Tell us about your experiences.
      3) Why do you want to work here?
      4) What do you know about radars?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and interviewed at Lockheed 2 weeks later at a college hiring event. Hiring event consisted of a panel interview(STAR), plant tour and company overview. Process was easy and smooth. Received an offer 1 week later.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called into a hiring event, where I was interviewed by 2 people. The interview was 1 on 1 with each of the two people. They told us they would get back to us in a week.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Introductions, brief overview of the position, brief scan over resume points, about 7 behavioral questions, followed by Q/A time. The questions were best answered in the STAR method (google if you are unaware), and each question touched on a different aspect of normal work life. E.g. conflict, problem solving methods, time management...

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were unsatisfied with your position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Owego, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Owego, NY).

Interview

Initially I had an on campus interview where I was asked a few behavioral questions. A few weeks after the campus interview, I was invited to come to their facility for an additional series of interviews.

This was an all day event that started with a tour of the facility followed by four interviews with four different mangers in various areas of the specific facility. The interview consisted of the manager describing what this particular position focused on and then tried to get an understanding for your skills and asked behavioral questions.

After the four interviews, we were asked to rate which manager we thought matched our skills and interests. We were told if there was a match (i.e. the manager also saw you as a good candidate) you would receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a conflict with someone you had to work with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockheed Martin (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a cubicle in the recruiting center, and was between me and the hiring manager only. For the first 30 minutes he just told me about the position in great detail and gave me space to ask questions. Then he began asking me questions about my personality and experience, but that only lasted another 15 minutes.