Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Lyft treated me and my co-workers in a completely unethical and evil manner. Their recruiting approached us via M&A for a talent acquisition and attempted to poach employees by providing misleading / no feedback to founders.

I've been interviewed on-site and never received any feedback and each contact at Lyft refused to talk to founders while their HR invited and interviewed one of our employees and extended an individual offer, even though clearly the context was set for a team-hire where they've told us everybody would be interviewed.

My on-site interview felt like Lyft is interviewing a million people and doing everything wrong. All rooms were booked for interviews (including mine which was fixed by HR). One of the interviewers did not show up, turns out he didn't even come to the office that day.

My programming test was one of the worst I've seen in a decent while. If you've spent time reading their description of the "programming test" they send before the interview, you've just wasted your time. They gave me a classic trie related question you'd have seen a few times easily if you practiced on leetcode or even interviewed with enough companies(many ask it as a systems design question). The question included a top coder style input & output which made zero sense given question context. TC style is to hint for optimizations, whoever prepared the question probably had no clue.

Overall, a waste of time and a lot of shame we will definitely remember and share with others. We've still never received any response from any Lyft contacts (interviewers, HR, M&A) even though we reached out numerous times and it's been over 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Leetcode medium/hard level algorithms / data structure questions.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Just sign up online at lyfy.com. upload car insurance, driver license, picture of yourself, license plate number and inspection from mechanic..wait on background..no personal interview was given, just thorough background check.

Perception Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

2 phone interviews then onsite. The phone interviews had simple and medium algorithm questions similar to CTCI. The second phone interview was pretty harsh in the sense that I was asked two questions and did well in both of them. I solved the first question much ahead of time but in the second question, I solved it till the end and then time ran out. They misguide you by saying that they are just looking for coding skills. But they are actually looking for completely running code on all test cases which is very harsh and a stupid metric. They are looking more towards regurgitating skills rather than actual thinking. Didn't know why I didn't get to onsite even though the interviewer was very positive. Sometimes you can get a pretty bad interviewer who can screw it up. I think I got the bad interviewer in the second interview.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Applied online through their portal. Heard back within a few days. Had a phone screening interview. Prior to the phone screen, they sent me an email with details about the company. The interview was very Pm type.

Driver Interview

Interview

There was no interview process, instead it was just signing up and showing my proof of license, insurance, and that my car was less than 10 years old and had at least four doors.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off with several phone call screens/interviews before moving on to the in person. Process took about 3 weeks and everyone was very pleasant and responsive. In depth but everything moved quickly with no more than a day or two between steps

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

I was really impressed with the interview process. The recruiters were supportive, informative and very pleasant to work with. They kept me updated on every step of the process and I never felt in the dark.

During my on-site, everyone was very accommodating and the line of questioning was very practical and specific to the role I was interviewing for. I became more informed about the role, company culture and expectations after every call or in person discussion.

Interview Questions

• How would you design operations to ensure a great experience for passengers?
      How would you measure the ROI of your marketing plan for Lyft?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by a in person visit to their office involving 5 different interviews with 5 different people. I was told several would be on camera - however that was cancelled and replaced with more in person interviews.

Definitely friendly and very professional. The company is very much into technology and data.

Interview Questions

• Let's say, you ran a private school - how would you get parents to pay their debt faster?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

You do a case study to solve one of their problems. Then they steal your idea. They idea fish like a lot of companies do. Happened to me, happened to a friend of mine. I’ve since deleted their app

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

1 phone screen, 2 rounds of onsite interviews. Although a few interviewers seemed genuinely interested in being there and interviewing, the majority of them were either rude or utterly uninterested in the interview (one was constant checking his texts... definitely didn't seem like urgent work stuff.) Based on the interviews, I assumed I wouldn't get the offer, but some how did. I ended up going to a company where I had a much better interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Proposal for lyft breaking into private ambulance market   Answer Question