Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,145 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lyft (San Jose, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

call with recruiter, to estsablish interest, then another when they explained the process, and sent prep materials and link to codepad.
    then online coding interview where interviewer presented the question and let me code.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2D matrix, find the sum of the elements inside the rectangle defined by its upper left corner (row1, col1) and lower right corner (row2, col2).   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contacted through Linkedin and set up the interview. It was a very quick process. they informed about the results the next day. Interviewer was very nice and professional.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2020.

Interview

Phone screen: 1 hr
    Sql - 3 Questions (25 mins) and Coding - 1 question (25mins)

Onsite:
    1. Data Structures and Algorithm: 1 hr
         3 questions : Leetcode medium
    2. Sql
         A schema will be given. All questions will be based on that. Spend some time to understand the schema.
         3 questions to be executed on Coderpad
         Be very careful and read question 5 times. Make sure you understand what is needed before jumping on writing Sql.
    3. Experience interview - didn't get to this stage

User Experience Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

The first round of interview was a 30-minute phone interview with a UX Researcher. The final round of interview was with four parts: project presentation, research methods & skills, analytical & critical thinking, and collaboration & team skills.

Interview Questions

• If you have unlimited resources to do a research project about the company, what would it be?   Answer Question

Associate People Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process at Lyft was very engaging and pleasant. Overall, the process took around 4 weeks. Throughout this process, I felt supported and became more excited for the opportunity to be part of the People Partner team. Everyone I met was so friendly, smart and professional. You can tell that they collaborate well, and support each other and truly care about their client-groups. Although, I did not receive an offer, I really appreciate the time and thoughtfulness put into the interview process. I specifically want to call out the amazing Recruiter, Heather. She was so welcoming, responsive, and a true professional during this time.

Interview Questions

• How do you partner with other teams?   Answer Question
    • How are you strategic and take ownership of your work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you miscommunicated with a cross-functional partner. How did you bounce back?   Answer Question
    • How do you establish trust with cross-functional partners?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward, though they did hit you with a case study question in the first round, which was unexpected and caught me off guard. Otherwise, the rest of the questions were pretty standard behavioral type interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide how many autonomous vehicles to deploy to San Francisco?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA) in May 2020.

Interview

The Technical recruiter has a 30 min discussion initially and sets up a phone screen with HM.
    Phone Screen-30 min of resume discussion and 30 min coding problem using Coderpad.

Interview Questions

• how did u handle pressure under multiple projects   2 Answers
    • One coding question on integer array manipulation   Answer Question

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in May 2020.

Interview

Did their phone interview and onsite. The phone interview was a series of tasks within an Android app, implementing incremental features.

The virtual onsite (for covid-19 times) involved a couple of non-technical interviews, plus a 2.5h session where you implement an app, with minimal oversight from the interviewer. The interviewer actually leaves the chat and lets you work alone.

I assume that I failed the technical aspect of the onsite because they never contacted me again after the interviews ended. It's been a month and I've since accepted an offer from a different company.

Interview Questions

• Implement an app that fetches and displays data from an API endpoint.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter who reached out to me via Linkedin. He agreed to move me to the next round to speak with the manager and completely ghosted me after repeated reach outs via email and Linkedin. I also reached out directly to the hiring manager on Linkedin and no response.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Applied Online. I talked with a recruiter. Scheduled phone screen. The interviewer was hardly interested in knowing anything about me. It was the worst experience. I really had high hopes from the company and I was really disappointed that I spent one hr interviewing with someone who just wants to hear what he has in mind.