Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2018

2.8

Business Analyst Lead Interview

Interview

I had a phone call with the hiring manager followed by a take home case study. After a few days I was invited to come onsite and prepare a second case study and presentation. I learned of the results in the same week. Everyone was very courteous - excellent culture. People are genuine, caring and laid-back but at the same time professional and get things done.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate your proposal so that competitors wouldn't be able to emulate it?   Answer Question

Senior Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Pretty Professional and smooth interview process.
    Had a initial recruiter phone call and after that was scheduled to speak to one of the Senior engineers over on their team.
    The interview was difficult. There were 2 questions asked in the interview on coderpad.
    1.) A small android challenge. Some basic questions about Android and then a deep-dive into a specific topic. Over here looks like the interviewer was looking for a specific answer and i was finding it hard to gauge what he was exactly looking for, in the end he gave me the hint and then i answered.
    2.) Coding question. This was a difficult problem to solve. Think about leetcode hard. And he was very specific about what he wanted.
    The question was to implement a LRU cache but for the backing data structure only an ArrayList can be used. It is solvable if there is another data structure like a hashmap which you can use or obviously a queue(which kinda beats the point) but a single arraylist was tricky to implement in 25-30 mins and that too a working solution which passes the test cases the interviewer had got with him.

Interview Questions

• Implement LRU cache but the backing data structure is an Arraylist   Answer Question

Consumer Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward process. There's a screening call with HR and another with the team lead. Then one-on-one in person interviews with the entire communications team (NY + SF).

Interview Questions

• Very general questions, along the lines of "Tell me about your work history" or "What do you like to do in your free time?"   Answer Question

Critical Response Line Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

Great interview process! Different from what I’ve done before but very personable and a good eye opener to what the company is. The interview process is very simple but provides a lot of information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for lyft?   1 Answer

Critical Response Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

I met with several team members over approximately 75 minutes. The vision and mission statement of the company were explained to me. I also talked with various team members concerning the following: why I wanted to work for Lyft, what I thought I could bring to the company, what my talents were, etc. I also received a "mock call" from a Lyft driver dealing with a distressful situation, and took steps to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Lyft?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone call after initial recruiter screening, no questions about relevant technology, didn't seem interested in background. Typical coderpad only interview after specifically telling them I had no interest in silly coderpad questions

Interview Questions

• Figure out which asteroids are going to hit a space station that have x mass and are going towards or away from space station   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied through referral. Did recruiter call. Did technical phone call. Received take-home.

I understood the problem clearly and a very thorough job with take-home.

Was not moved to final stage. No feedback.

Recommendation to Lyft: If an applicant demonstrates serious engagement with your takehome assignment -- for example, evidenced through their thoroughness of their submitted materials -- provide a reasonable amount of feedback to the candidate even if you decide to decline them. This is arguably a reasonable thing to do given you ask candidates to spend ~11-20 hours on the takehome assignment, and given the Lyft's PR image is that it's a company that 'does the right thing' and is kind (the PR perception is that Lyft treats its drivers better than Uber).

Interview Questions

• I don't want to give away the take-home question. Unsurprisingly, it deals with Lyft data.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Quick process, thorough, mostly friendly people. However, one person I interviewed with came across as arrogant and rude. She kept asking me why I made so many moves in my past. The rest were respectful and asked great questions. I was impressed with how quickly they were able to arrange my 3 phone interviews and onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview process included 3 phone interviews and an onsite interview with 4 rounds (1:1). Most of the questions were about my prior recruiting experience, how I source, creative recruiting methods, how I partner with hiring managers, etc.   1 Answer

Critical Response Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

It was on time, and very well organized, and the interviewers were extremely friendly and made me feel relaxed. We first sat in a room where they talked about the company and the mission and core values then we were split up into our own separate rooms and spoke to numerous people. There were like 3 different rounds. 1st round was typical interview questions, 2nd round was phone scenario, 3rd round was ran lead.

Interview Questions

• Give an experience where you had to be creative and just wing it. How did you “make it happen”?   Answer Question

Critical Response Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was professional, friendly and clear. It started on time and was very efficient. The questions asked were relevant. I the interview team put me at ease. The interviewers were courteous and respectful and seemed genuinely happy to be working there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make a good candidate?   1 Answer