Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.8

Driver Interview

Interview

Didnt really have an interview as a driver. I just signed up and i was off to start driving. Been driving for less than a year. The experience has been overall really great.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY).

Interview

The team was great to work with and had some unique ways of asking questions and gathering information. I was PROMISED that I would be called back the same day of my in person interview and it's been over a week with no contact since. I was expecting a bit higher level on professionalism from Lyft.

Interview Questions

• Who would be the key players involved in creating an account with Lyft on our end and the customers end?   Answer Question

Product Design Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred by Lyft employees, and the recruiter contacted me within a week. We had a phone conversation and I didn't hear back for more than a week. I reached out and the recruiter said they sent an email to a wrong email address! After a few emails going back and forth to clarify things, I had a video chat with a design manager. It was scheduled for 30 mins to chat AND to review my portfolio, which seemed ambitious. The interviewer was casual and pleasant to talk to, but did not follow the agenda and we ended up talking the whole time without portfolio review. It went well over all though. A few days later I reached out to the recruiter to follow up. They said they went with another candidate and thanked me for chatting and showing my work. I replied explaining we didn't go through my work and asked for feedback but haven't heard from them still.

Learning Experience Facilitator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN).

Interview

I interviewed twice for this role with a total of 5 interviews and then they said they decided to go with someone more qualified.

I was incredibly disappointed with the lack of communication between departments. I also wish they would have not gotten me excited by talking about pay, benefits, even telling me they're excited to have me on the team....and then I get a rejection letter. Not once, but three times over 3 separate occasions.

I think Lyft has alot to learn when it comes to interviewing as well as communication.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a disruptive class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

very easy, I applied online. Once all of my vehicle information was sent in and my background check completed I was set to do a vehicle inspection. Once I arranged the meeting it took all of 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• None. Simply inspected my vehicle and I was cleared to start driving   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

A recruiter was quick to contact me and set up a technical phone screen. The phone screen was a pretty standard coding exercise. I thought the call went OK, but Lyft did not want to move forward. To their credit, the recruiter did share the interviewer's feedback with me, but the negative parts of the feedback did seem fairly trivial, especially for an on-the-spot coding exercise. This is just one interviewer at a large company, but, you know, dot your i's and cross your t's, I guess.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted binary tree, write a function to print all the values in order.   Answer Question
    • Given a binary tree, write a function to determine if all of the nodes are in order.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard - phone screen with HR, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager and than an on site with about 6 different people.

What was not standard was how responsive and communicative HR was throughout the process. I was updated throughout the process (took about 4 weeks from my in person to get an offer) and my emails were responded to which doesn't happen everywhere!

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Denver, CO) in May 2018.

Interview

an employee referred me/I applied online. A week and a half later I received a “written assement,” which really just compromised of short answers found on their website. A couple days after that they wanted to interview me and I received an offer a couple days after that.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

- call with recruiter
    - expedited onsite (team did not allow me to ask any questions; format was very sterile and I didn’t sense any excitement/energy from anyone about the work they are doing.)
    - everyone seems stressed and disconnected with each other.
    - slow communication and feedback after onsite
    (Recruiter missed promised timeline on Feedback)

Interview Questions

• Why Lyft? I was asked this extensively on my initial call with the recruiter and asked 4 times (again) with every person on the panel.   Answer Question
    • Share a situation with a challenging hiring manager.   Answer Question
    • Share a time when you helped implement a process change?   Answer Question
    • What do you report to a hiring manager about their pipeline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lyft (Raleigh, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

I got my info to them and a few days I was ready to go. There wasn't much in between no interview process I'm just excited. I'm just hoping for the best rating especially being in such a big place like Memphis.