Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lyft Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an HR screening then an on site 1.5 hour interview with three different people. Someone currently serving in the role I was applying for, the manager I would report to and then the GM. The whole process was very quick and thorough. All of the interviewers were very nice and seemed more interested in getting to know me as a person.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Many companies nowadays string candidates along for weeks or even months. HR at Lyft was excellent to work with- prompt responses and a clear timeline made the process extremely pleasant. I had two phone interviews- one initial screening with HR and one with a current Community Associate at another office. The process concluded with a 1-on-1 in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from a recruiter who was very nice and easy to talk to. We spoke for 20 minutes and then she set up another phone interview with the operations manager a few days later. I spoke with him for 20-30 minutes and it was the same friendly vibe. I then went into the office and met with four local team members. It wasn't like the normal interview - it was more like chatting with friends. I received a call the day after from the recruiter telling me I got the job. The whole interview process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience with Lyft been like? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why Lyft?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a three step process. Two days after I sent in my application i received an email to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with a HR rep in San Francisco the following day. After that I met with the Operations Manager for the city and then a Group Panel made up of the local associates.

Interview Questions

• I've been out of the "Corporate" workforce for three years. I was asked if i was ready to get back into it and lose a lot of the freedom I had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast and well-organized. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen the day after I applied. The questions the recruiter asked weren't atypical for this first stage, but this phone screen definitely felt lighter and more conversational than other phone screens I've had in the past. After the initial phone screen, I then spoke to the operations manager in the New York office, which is where I was applying to work. The manager gave me a good sense of the role and the team dynamic in the office, which was great. I was then invited in to meet with the operations manager and three other members of the team, two of which were already employed as community associates. I felt there was a lot of chemistry among myself and the rest of the team, and I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how you managed to reconcile the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday, received an email for a phone interview on Monday. I spoke to the recruiter on Monday, who was very pleasant. Then I scheduled a phone screen with the manager of the team for the next day. After the phone screen, I went in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was composed of four different interviews, each one ran for about 30 minutes. Everyone that I met with was really great, it felt more like a conversation to know who I was. I really enjoyed meeting them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in February 2016.

Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews (the first was with a recruiter, the second was with the hiring manager and third was with someone who was doing the same job that I was up for in a different city.) and an in person interview with the General Manager. I was offered the position the following day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me via email. First, I had an initial phone screen and then I had a second phone interview with one of the Operations Lead. The third round was an in-person interview with 4 people, 30 mins each person. Overall, very smooth process. Advice: be authentic and honest.

Community Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter, manager of my location, community associate in another city along with their manager and some team members as well. It appeared to be a lot of repeated questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

short interview, described the position, asked if I felt comfortable for certain requirements, let me know the salary at the end and I declined. They had someone else email me beforehand to set up the interview. It was not the same person who interviewed me

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable standing for long periods of time   1 Answer