KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,181 of over 3,746 reviews

4.0
Lyft CEO Logan Green
Logan Green

What people are saying about Lyft

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "If you drive during prime time you can really make bank which is great for people in between jobs.(in 195 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and fun you get to chat and listen to music all day esstenially.(in 178 reviews)
  • "It's a great way to make your car holistically useful to the community at large while making good money.(in 146 reviews)
  • "Great benefits with insurance and ride credits.(in 100 reviews)
  • "Flexible Schedule and getting to meet new people each and everyday.(in 97 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay for rides even if you ride all day you won’t meet your goal cause this company is money hungry.(in 157 reviews)
  • "I see my coworker stop appearing at work because of poor management issues.(in 59 reviews)
  • "127 rides and no bonuses because of the pickup wasn't in the small 2(in 52 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership, in some departments, is under experienced and it leads to inefficiency and frustration sometimes.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Poor communication.(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lyft and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Convenient

Mar 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s convenient since you set your own hours

Cons

The pay might be low after you deduct cost

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

App treats you like a child and is unsafe

Mar 12, 2022 - Rideshare Driver in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

freedom over own schedule, no oversight

Cons

App has become horrible. It won't let you move the screen to see where you're going while your vehicle is moving. I understand this is supposed to sound like a safety measure, but you can't even click to see the address you're going to. App also moves map back to your current spot when trying to move to see where you're going. Also app won't let you text your customers in your own words even while stopped, for example, you can't type, "I'm at the corner of Marion and 1st ave" for clarity. Instead, you have about 8 prompts to choose from. In other words, many times you have to check the map to be sure you're travelling to the correct side of the street or not making a dangerous left turn ahead or many other things or JUST SEE THE ADDRESS WHERE YOURE GOING and the app prevents these things, makes me extremely frustrated, anxious and dangerous because I cannot calculate how to get to someone or drop them off. The app has all these ridiculous measures, NONE of which are on the UBER app. This is offensive and dangerous and stresses me out as a driver.

3. 5.0

love it here

May 23, 2022 - IT Service Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

they really invest in their team mates, amazing at hiring great people

Cons

no complaints - really great place to work and mission to be a part of

4. 4.0

Good driving

May 22, 2022 - Uber/Lyft Driver in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meeting good people. Being able to work at your own pace the times you choose.

Cons

Times can get slow, riders can cancel while your on your way to them.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, little to no growth

May 18, 2022 - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people I connected with, good company values and mission, good push for diversity and inclusion in workplace.

Cons

Little to no opportunities for growth in the Operations field. High turnover of Managers. Employee feedback about SOPs, policies, and practiced never acknowledged or implemented. Company made our team members feel disposable.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Flexible.Good pay.

May 10, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able tailor my schedule to fit around Dr. Appts. Part time & full time adjustments never a problem. Always able to make up hrs if I had to take of being that this position is available 24hrs. 7 days a week! Also you can get paid daily after you make $50.00.

Cons

You must have proper insurance coverage.If your insurance has no knowledge of you driving Lyft … Claims will not be paid incase of an accident.There are many insurance companies who will carry you.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

SWE

May 22, 2022 - SWE Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great team and flexibility in remote work

Cons

- conflicting internal business metrics

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Can be Chaotic, but stick it out

May 12, 2022 - Operations Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promote quickly, consistent yearly raises. Once you get your feet under you the role is very much self driven.

Cons

3 years in the role and I'm already capped out on salary Can be chaotic at times with processes not as thorough as with more established companies.