MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018

2.7

Property Casualty Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

The process is pretty laid back. They want to get a sense for 3 things. Are you coachable, can you prospect and sell, and do you have a mind for business?

I believe we were working towards an offer but you have to put together a professional business plan and present it in order to be considered. Overall it sounds like an awesome agency opportunity.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, you have to have good credit to be considered. Mostly because you're given a lot of money to start a business, so they want to make sure you're going to be smart with it. For this, I could not be given an offer. If you have bad credit, unfortunately you shouldnt waste your time.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY).

Interview

Went to the interview prepared and early. The time came and went with no notice that they were working late. Interviewed with I would guess was a manager and another individual who was there 3 weeks. We discussed my career accomplishments but once we got to what the job entailed, it was really not professionally explained. The lady kept checking her watch during the interview which is obviously unprofessional. Asked about training and they said it was on the job or something to that effect. I already had a job so this was more exploring different opportunities on my part. I really hope those people are not indicative of MetLife as a whole because it was truly a bad showing. Little did they know I was interviewing them as well. Advice: be prepared to answer questions about the actual job. I still have no idea what a client specialist does.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Whippany, NJ).

Interview

Management took a very long time to schedule me for an interview, multiple rescheduling. Super days, however, were very structured, and the interviewers were great. Some technical questions were asked.

Underwriter Interview

Interview

I had two in person interviews. Each one was with two different people. Everyone was friendly so it wasn’t stressful. They asked basic behavioral questions. The whole process was easy.

Interview Questions

• What does it take to be a good communicator?   1 Answer

Entry Level Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Kansas City, MO) in January 2018.

Interview

I was a recent college graduate with a BSBA in Economics and sales and consulting experience. The position itself required a "college degree or 2 years experience." The overall process was very lengthy with many steps from start to finish including a phone interview, three online exams (math, logic/analysis, reading comprehension), and 1-2 physical interviews depending on how the process went. Then there was a 6 week training process with a final start date approximately 2 months into the future. I won't go into great detail but it was one of those cases where I absolutely nailed the entire process - great phone interview with excellent feedback, high test scores in upper percentiles, and a phenomenal 1st physical interview. I wore a fully tailored gray suit with a crisp white shirt and conservative dark red tie, I addressed everyone in a friendly and warm demeanor, made great eye contact, answered a total of 10 behavioral questions using the STAR method with practiced answers and exacting results - combined with appropriate business terminology, and I asked insightful questions when it was my turn to ask. I was told there were 8 positions available and I was one of the first to interview (Friday), and that candidates would hear either 'yes' or 'no' in 2 weeks. The next business day (Monday), mere hours after I sent my thank you email to interviewers (and before many other candidates had been interviewed), I received a cold email from the national recruiter stating they appreciated my interest in the position, but were moving on. I was so confused, I thought it was a mistake, especially as they clearly hadn't had the time yet to interview and fill the 8 positions and had told me I wouldn't hear back either way for a couple of weeks. I followed up with the interviewers and the recruiter with a polite email requesting some feedback and clarification, if possible - my emails were never returned.

All-in-all, a confusing experience. The office environment was as casual as I'd seen one. People were wearing t-shirts and a woman even had a dog in her cubicle.

Furthermore, it was explained during the phone interview that the starting salary would be 43k for the KCMO area - no negotiation. Although this was lower than market value for an entry-level underwriter in this area, I accepted the terms. And one final thought, during the physical interview I can recall talking about a data and research project I accomplished during my time in business school. I can recall talking about the estimation of panel data regressions using the fixed effects model with fixed dummy variables, p value coefficients, and clustering standard errors to adjust for serial correlation. Here's the thing - the woman barely even looked at my project or the contents therein. She glanced at the first and second pages, and then handed it back. It was clear to me these managers wanted no-one with any capacity to ask tough questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to motivate others.
      Q: Tell me about a time you took a big risk and it paid off.
      Q: Tell me about a time you had to pay attention to detail.
      Etc.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC).

Interview

My great experience turned upside down with unpleasant hiring process. This great company, unfortunately, has terrible recruitment practices. Unethical in my opinion.

Step 1: Phone Screen with Recruiter. 30 minutes phone interview. She was very nice and shared next three steps.

Step 2: Hiring Manager. 45 minutes. Basic Project Management questions. Behavioural Questions. Your answers should reflect your personality as well. This interview went really well. Even before the interview ended, he told me that I will be moved to next round.

Step 3: Director of Technology Liaisons. Again basic PM and Behavioural Questions. They want to know your style. And once more before the interview ended, I was told that I made it to next round.

Step 4: Scheduled to interview with the Assistant Vice President. One day prior to the interview, received a call from the recruiter to reschedule it for a week later. Rescheduled.
    15 minutes prior the rescheduled interview, received another call from the recruiter to reschedule it again! That was quite unusual but I accepted rescheduling to show my flexibility. One hour after, I received a cold, automatic email from their system that I am no longer under consideration.
    When I contacted the recruitment relationship manager, he confirmed that my rescheduled-rescheduled interview has been canceled and they will move further with other candidates.
    As a senior project manager in the industry close to 15 years, I would understand that they would choose another PM close to their work style. But after scheduling an interview 3 times, canceling the candidacy is disrespectful, unethical.
    I tried to get an answer as to why this all happened, all I got was apologies.
    Although I reported this unethical behavior, I didn't get any response. Whoever read my message, might be seeing this as a normal hiring process.

Pension Benefit Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I interviewed at MetLife (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

Completed application received a call within the next week. Scheduled phone interview this week. Day of phone interview 9 minutes before received an email stating interview cancelled as the position has been filled. The position however is still listed on the website and 9 minutes prior to the interview is kind of unprofessional. Was told I would be used for other opportunities however, there are other postings that match my skills why not interview me for those. This is the second time I’ve dealt with unprofessional recruiters.

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Irving, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I put in my application and within a week I had my over the phone interview. I was then scheduled for my face to face a week later and Interviewed with two managers. The interview went really well and the managers gave me their business cards for a followup and I was told I should hear something within 7-10 business day. It was the holidays so I gave them a little longer. After 7 business days had passed I called and left a vm for followup. The next day I received an email stating that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most stressful part of this job for you would be.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

I applied for a position and was contacted by MetLife's "Global Talent Acquisition Team" about doing a phone screening (step 1 in the process). We scheduled a time and I gave her a number to reach me at. She confirmed. Our scheduled time came but the recruiter never called. I attempted to call her but got her voicemail. I then left her an email message asking if we can reschedule. That's when I got her out-of-office. Ok, no problem, she's probably out sick. Well, I gave her 4 days and never heard back. After 4 days I sent her associate (someone listed on her out-of-office) an email, asking if they knew when she would be back in the office. Nothing, no response. I then waited another day and sent the recruiter another email asking her if we could reschedule. Again, no response and no out-of-office this time. So, it's been almost 2 weeks since we were scheduled to do a phone screening and no one has called me for my phone screening and no one has contacted me to explain what's happening.

Very, very unprofessional. I would recommend steering clear of MetLife.

Interview Questions

• No interview happened and there has been absolutely no communication from MetLife.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Basically I received one screening call and then set up an interview to meet with the manager. When I met with the hiring manager the interview lasted for about an hour and consisted of a description of the job and and meeting with another potential colleague.