MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MetLife Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.7

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

Applied through my university's career site. Easy process to setup an interview. There were also many other students there to interview. It was a big operation, there were like 4 or 5 different recruiters there interviewing students every 30 minutes. The interview was very generic, and it wasn't very clear what the different positions were. They were just considered "technical" internships. Just basically asked about past projects and other basic behavioral interviews.

Annuity Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The interview was easy and laid back. The interviewer made me feel welcomed. I interviewed on a Friday, so most of our conversation was not pertaining to the job-it was general. I had about 4-5 behavioral questions to answer.

Lead Test Consultant - Test Architecture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Cary, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in June and the interview process took almost 2 months with 5 rounds and different job title changes from what I applied for. Finally I got an offer, but did not meet my expectation of what I was told initially and had to decline, as I was bit confused and the timeframe to decide was too short. But the very next day I reached out to the recruiter showing interest to accept the offer and I was told it was too late.

Really? After so much of interview process, they could not afford to wait for a day, which kind of disappointed me.
    Otherwise, I appreciate the interviewers and the offer, if given another opportunity will wish to work for this company. It was a good learning experience being a first timer in this job market.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions where behavioral from my current work experience with one technical round   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a talent acquisition team member. The call lasted only about 10 minutes and was very high level, no deep dive questions from him or by me.

Interview Questions

• On your last performance review, what was one identified area for improvement?   Answer Question

STD UNIT LEADER Interview

Interview

The interview process took four weeks. I was contacted on a Wednesday three weeks after completing an online application. I had a phone interview on Thursday and a face-to-face interview Friday . Both interviewers were very professional and made me feel extremely relaxed. It has been a week since my interview and no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I've ever went through. First was a phone interview, then you had to pass a long assessment (took over an hour and a half), then once you pass you speak to the manager on the phone, THEN you meet with another manager in person. This process was a waste of time because I ended up receiving no offer at the end. I feel that you shouldn't take a person through that long of a process if you have no intentions of hiring them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and included a series of in person interviews plus an even longer personality quiz. The interviewers seemed very new and didn't offer much information on the company either. It seemed very cookie cutter and the personality test seemed to be the basis of their decision process.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be a Life Insurance representative?   1 Answer

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied via the company website. Was contacted by a recruiter two days after applying. After phone screening was setup for an in person interview by a separate contact in HR. Very smooth process until this point. The in person interview was one of the worst I have ever been on. I thanked the interviewers for meeting with me during their lunch hour and they proceeded to laugh and say they don't eat lunch at MetLife. I should have ran from there. The interview continued to go down hill. They didn't ask many questions about my experience. It seemed more like they were trying to sell the job to me. The interview team did not look happy in the slightest. Glad I was no extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do I have with AML?   2 Answers

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MetLife (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Got called from recruiter, I was advised I will be interviewed by supervisor. It was very basic and short and was scheduled to speak with the manager.. none of them had a business card and that was a big indication that they weren't interested in hiring me because that was not professional.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR asking when I would be available for a phone interview that would take about 20-30 minutes. She asked basic questions about my resume and why I was leaving my current job. She also asked 2 behavioral questions and wanted specific examples. She said I would hear back in one week but I haven't heard anything since the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where a process in your office changed and how you adapted to the new process?   1 Answer
    • What type of work environment are you looking to be part of?   1 Answer