MetLife Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Inbound Sales Personal Lines Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Charlotte, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Filled out application online and a week later received an email inviting me to a phone screen with a recruiter. The phone screen was about 20 minutes long, mostly going over the position details as well as a couple questions about my background in insurance. Received an email the next day to move forward with a face to face interview the following week. My face to face was with two hiring managers, one in person and one on speaker phone (he was remotely located at the Henderson location) To me, this was the easy part as our interview was more like a conversation. Both managers did a really good job breaking down the job specifics and giving realistic expectations. I did appreciate that they weren’t super stiff and dry (i hate stuffy interviews) and actually talked to me instead of it feeling like an interrogation. After the face to face, i got an email a couple days later to schedule a time to speak with the director of the general agency (round 3). The interesting part about this is they had Saturday times available which i accepted. I figured they wanted to see if i would take time out of my weekend to speak with her, especially considering the next times available were a week later. Anywho, everything paid off and i was offered the position:)

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Orland Park, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

There is an interview and then an aptitude test where they rate you 1-10. If you do not score above 7 MetLife ends the process. You can reapply in 6 months. The aptitude test takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete. It is not a joke but very technical with multiple trick answers. There is some math and a lot of psychological questions.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MetLife (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

First received an email inquiry from an internet job site. Then responded and later received a call to schedule a phone interview. Performed the phone interview which was basic interview q&a along with instructions to take an online personality test and questionnaire. I was also invited for a 1:1 interview on site which was with a talent acquisition specialist. The interview was basic work experience and behavioral questions lasting 1.5 hours. I was invited to attend another interview later to explain the process of becoming an independent representative for the company.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MetLife (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Came through my school. Had two interviews with several people. One woman disliked me for no apparent reason. Refused to work with me once I was hired. She is still working there.

Interview Questions

• Can you work with spoiled board members?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told to ask for the salary I really wanted, I upped it by a few thousand, and got it! They go by the salary of the last person hired.

Associate Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife (Irving, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I put in my application and within a week I had my over the phone interview. I was then scheduled for my face to face a week later and Interviewed with two managers. The interview went really well and the managers gave me their business cards for a followup and I was told I should hear something within 7-10 business day. It was the holidays so I gave them a little longer. After 7 business days had passed I called and left a vm for followup. The next day I received an email stating that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most stressful part of this job for you would be.   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MetLife (Wilmington, DE) in July 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR asking when I would be available for a phone interview that would take about 20-30 minutes. She asked basic questions about my resume and why I was leaving my current job. She also asked 2 behavioral questions and wanted specific examples. She said I would hear back in one week but I haven't heard anything since the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had to deal with an upset customer and what did you do to handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where a process in your office changed and how you adapted to the new process?   1 Answer
    • What type of work environment are you looking to be part of?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process need more executive level personnel to tailor what they are looking for. There were colleagues who you would be reporting to that I don't feel will provide a fair assessment of who they are truly looking for.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife.

Interview

There were a total of 6 rounds, all were behavioral questions and project related. First was HR round, for which third party hiring team is used. Then 2nd and 3rd were technical, where a lot about the prior work experience and their projects were discussed. 4th and 5th were BBIs. If you live within the area then it would be in-person otherwise they are video interviews. Last round is with VP

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Initial communications took place via email to set up a phone screen about three to four weeks after I submitted my application. They ask the basic HR questions then they set you up with another phone screen, about a week or two later, that has more to do with the position. After that they set up a technical interview, about two weeks later, with two different people. One asked programming specific questions, the other asked data and analysis specific questions. Once those were complete, they told me it would be at least a week to two weeks before I heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. All interview questions were in line with my expectations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MetLife (State College, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There was one on campus interview with basic behavioral questions. I then got an email inviting me to their office in which I underwent a non-technical case interview and three more behavioral interviews with managers. Once this was done I got a call about a month later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you found to be difficult that you were able to overcome and how did you do it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MetLife in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position. About two weeks went by and I got an email asking to set up a time to do an over the phone interview. The recruiter never called during the specified time, that they provided. After a couple emails, each one asking again for a phone number, they finally did call and the interview lasted for 4 questions. 1. was I legal to work in US. 2 Will I need a visa. 3 how much do I currently make. 4 what is my salary requirement. I told them 60k was my minimum, which is below national average, but after this she "noticed" that I will not be available for 3 months and ended the interview.