Microsoft Finance Rotation Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.2

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Two rounds. The first was a one on one with the manager of the program, with more behavioral questions. The second is all day, consisting of four interviews, a lunch, and lots of opportunities to get to know currrent members in the program. This second round consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. After it was done, they get back to you within a week with their decision.

Interview Questions

• How much do you pay for a billboard in a high traffic area for advertisement space, keepig in mind competitors and the company's own advertising needs?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Participated in Finance Leaders in Technology Workshop in early summer, which almost acted as an informal "screening" for interviews. At the end of the summer had a phone interview, skipping the in person interview because of the workshop. Phone interview was mainly behavioral with one broad question about the economy. Takes anywhere from a couple weeks to months before you know the date of your final round interviews because they need to find the right fit/role/team for your skills. Different teams have different interview dates.

Final round interviews were one full day at Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, also called the "super day." This consisted of three back to back 45 minute interviews, lunch, and one final 45 minute interview afterwards. Consisted of one behavioral, one technical, one half behavioral and technical, and a very informal behavioral/reflective interview mainly regarding the interview process and the program.

Casual environment but challenging questions and some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the current state of the economy?

How do you calculate Gross Margin?

Where do you expense depreciation?

What are the financial statements?

What would you need to consider before launching ________ product?

Should we be worried if _______ product gets really popular? Why might this be an issue?

Why Microsoft?

Why FRP?
      Answer Question

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied through college career services. A 45 minute phone interview was scheduled. The interview was almost entirely focused on fit. These questions were both trying to gauge my interest in finance, and standard fit questions like tell us about a group project that did not go as well as it could have and what you would do to improve it.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question was if you could graduate immediately and work in a job for 6 months, what job would you pick? This never went on your resume, you could not leverage it to get new jobs and you were not paid for it. After I answered I was pressed to justify my choices and had to argue whether it was important if I could competently do the job now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Meet a recruiter at a career fair. Was emailed a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Basic behavioral interviews and asked a simple case question regarding tablet sales. Analyze competitors. Didnt think I did extremely well but still got an invitation for an in person superday in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• - How does a change in depreciation affect all 3 major financial statements?
      - How would you estimate MS Office sales for next year?
      - Tell me about a difficult situation you faced and how did you handle it?
      - Tell me about a time where you were assigned a leadership role for a specific project.
      - Why Microsoft?
      Answer Question

Company is obviously great and well structured. Other offers aligned better for me and Seattle just was not a fit for me.