Microsoft Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 19, 2017

3.3

432 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Campus recruiter offered me an interview the following week we met during the career fair. The on-campus interview was half an hour long with a mix of behavioral, technical and product design questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify the last number of a linked list that has no null value at the end which points somewhere in between   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Series of 1:1 interviews at different office locations throughout the day. Some very friendly conversations, others were more challenging and definitely felt like a test. Was a little confusing trying to figure out my next location without a chaperone.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating the number of gas stations in the USA?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a first round interview--30 minutes long in person. Combination of behavioral and technical. What you would expect on the behavioral end--challenges, successes, handle disagreements, etc.. Technical was finding a palindrome in a string followed by how to implement a stack (which was worded confusingly so ask clarifying questions!) Haven't heard back yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

1st Round Campus Interview so far. Have not heard back, it has been about a week. Interviewer was a bit emotionless, hard to gauge what he was thinking. Offered no advice during technical question.

Interview Questions

• Invert the words of a sentence in a string.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Micorsoft program manager is actually the product manager position. Two phone interviews before onsite. It was a little bit surprise to me that MS is looking for very technical product manager with a need of being able to write code and do the system design.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain Cloud to your grandma?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

On campus, sat down in a room and was asked about my resume. Then two technical questions. Only half an hour total. Heard back a month later to schedule an on-site interview. Great practice for my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns how many digits are in a number.   Answer Question
    • Write a function that determines if a string or char array is a palindrome. What if I said ignore case? What if I said ignore space?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Flew out to Seattle, stayed at a nice hotel, was picked up and taken to MSFT HQ. Fed a tasty breakfast with hot coffee. Went through 4 back to back interviews:
    * coding problem -- outline a function for testing whether a string is a palindrome
    * behavioral interview
    * design a competitor to Google Nest
    * estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine

All the interviewers were exceptionally friendly, the end-to-end process was smooth and simple, and they expedited results the next day!

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many tennis balls would fit in a submarine   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone call from HR, then 4 rounds of product related questions. Pretty general process. Questions focused past experience and some PM skills like how do you handle the case when you trying to persuade someone in other team.

Interview Questions

• What is the product you proud of?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone screening with HR and then a video chat with a member of the team I would be working with. Questions were centered around behavioral and experience stuff... really all cookie-cutter questions that one should be prepared for ahead of time. The interviewer was very kind and nice, and interview was more of a conversation

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me something about yourself that I can't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and was emailed that I had an on campus interview a couple days later. The on campus interview was 30 min and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• design a coffee maker for a car   1 Answer
    • how would you change a string of numbers into an int   1 Answer