Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

3.1

190 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1 online coding round - fairly easy. 60mins. Need good time management to complete everything. Should write clean code.
    4 on-site rounds - 45mins each. Easy questions. Concepts - arrays strings sorting searching heap

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions about my resume at the beginning. Then I had to write out a solution to a technical question/problem that I worked out on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Given an NxM array of integers, set each row and column to zero that has a key value in the row/column.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Gone through recruiter and then arranged a skype interview as I was not in that place.then done skype interview in which He shared a link .by clicking that link I need to write code on that window.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and it was a great learning experience. The interview was 4-5 rounds. Initially had a phone screening then got the onsite interview call from the HR within 3 days of the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest palindromic sub-string. Reverse a linked list. Matching braces in a string, Design question on BST and OOPs concepts   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2017.

Interview

Had the phone interview with the BING team. Basically was a coding interview. First thing over phone is to open an online collaboration tool in order to see how you answer the question by writing the code. Asked a few background questions such as when will you graduate and then started to ask coding questions. You can answer in any programming languages you are familiar with. After that I got the time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you grade your c++ level? From 1 to 10?   2 Answers

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had the interview on campus, the interviewer was really cool and friendly, went straight to business asking me about what language I liked best, then onto technical questions. I also asked about his intern experience and he shared his stories with me. He typed my responses the whole time which made me a little nervous, but he had to do that.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted linked list into one sorted one and what is the time and space complexity?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2016.

Interview

Referral by a Employee and contacted by a recruiter in 3 weeks to schedule a interview. The interview was about 30 mins. I talked to a recruiter and she asked several behavioral questions and a brain tester. Not sure how I did. Has been two weeks and did not get back to me.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

4 data structure and algorithm questions. You can do it on the whiteboard. Interviewers were very friendly. I liked them in general. I recommend the company to my friends. Wish there was less politics involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview and an on-site one with five different engineers. Questions are unexpected as machine learning algorithm has never been present in my resume. It was a long day and they even asked me matrix questions.