Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

3.1

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Was expedited to final round because of special circumstances. Standard MSFT on-campus interview. 3-5 interviews, all technical. They flew me out and put me up Bellevue. Had the freedom to select date and duration of stay. Was given a budget for travel, food, and sightseeing. They made it easy.

Interview Questions

• Standard data structures, logic, sometimes open-ended questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied by giving my resume at a career fair in the university i'm studying at. I got an email back almost a week after wanting to schedule for an on-campus interview. The interview was 45 minutes: 15 minutes talking about my projects and skills and then 27 minutes for coding question on paper and 3 minutes for questions that i wanted to ask.

Interview Questions

• Favorite project (worked on a team, and was interesting to me)
      technical questions:
      1- have sorted array with empty places at end, want to add element, what to use?
      2- have sorted array with empty places at end, want to add another sorted array to it, write the code in C++.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1 online coding round - fairly easy. 60mins. Need good time management to complete everything. Should write clean code.
    4 on-site rounds - 45mins each. Easy questions. Concepts - arrays strings sorting searching heap

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions about my resume at the beginning. Then I had to write out a solution to a technical question/problem that I worked out on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Given an NxM array of integers, set each row and column to zero that has a key value in the row/column.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through the college career fair and spoke to the recruiters during one of their campus office hours. Got an on-campus interview call after 2 weeks. The interview was scheduled to be half hour long. One coding question and then chat about previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an algorithm to serialize and deserialize a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Gone through recruiter and then arranged a skype interview as I was not in that place.then done skype interview in which He shared a link .by clicking that link I need to write code on that window.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and it was a great learning experience. The interview was 4-5 rounds. Initially had a phone screening then got the onsite interview call from the HR within 3 days of the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest palindromic sub-string. Reverse a linked list. Matching braces in a string, Design question on BST and OOPs concepts   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2017.

Interview

Had the phone interview with the BING team. Basically was a coding interview. First thing over phone is to open an online collaboration tool in order to see how you answer the question by writing the code. Asked a few background questions such as when will you graduate and then started to ask coding questions. You can answer in any programming languages you are familiar with. After that I got the time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you grade your c++ level? From 1 to 10?   2 Answers

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had the interview on campus, the interviewer was really cool and friendly, went straight to business asking me about what language I liked best, then onto technical questions. I also asked about his intern experience and he shared his stories with me. He typed my responses the whole time which made me a little nervous, but he had to do that.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted linked list into one sorted one and what is the time and space complexity?   1 Answer