Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

1 interview at Evanston university. total cattle call.

Interviewer was bored out of his wits.

Took the train all the way up from the city and stressed about it - he didn't even fake interest.

Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

They pay for your travel/stay at Seattle WA, 5 rounds of interviews, very tough and long. The Microsoft staffer talked to me first on the phone, about my projects, goals, Microsoft, the Live Search team, and how interested I was. He then setup a phone screen with the development lead of the team I was interviewing for, which was to take place about a week later. This phone call was postponed because of a meeting at Microsoft, and I actually did it a few days later than planned.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of 21 tasks = {A, B,....Z} except I, O, U, X and Q. Each task requires 4 hours of processing. Except for tasks E, Y, P, R, W that require 8 hours of processing.

You have 3 machines to process these tasks = T1, T2, T3. T1 and T2 are available everyday for 8 hours. T3 is available only on Mon, Wed and Fri for 8 hours.

You are given 3 lists that indicate the dependency list among the tasks.
      L1 = A->R->K->M (eg A can be completed if R is completed, R can be completed only if K is completed etc.)
      L2 = N->G->V->E->Z->H
      L3 = C->F->Y->D->J->P->T->S->W->B->C (cycle)   Answer Question

too low salary

Software Developer Interview

Interview

telephone interview

Interview Questions

• how many lines of code do you write in your entire projects   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied online. Got email that I will have technical interview over the phone. Was asked questions about resume and background.

Interview Questions

• "There are 9 jars. 8 jars contain marbles which each marble weights 1 gram, and 1 jar contains marbles weight 1.1 gram. With a scale display number, how can define which jar contain 1.1 gram marble with only 1 scale."   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied through campus services and got an on-campus interview I went in expecting a technical interview for a software developer internship, ended up discussing user experience because I listed it as an interest. Therefore I wasn't prepared. Interviewer was standoffish and kept fishing for words and terms that weren't really necessary.

Interview Questions

• What Microsoft products do you like or dislike?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2013.

Interview

First Round of Interview

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about yourself and your work experience.
      2. What was the longest and the most complicated code you have ever written.
      3. If there are 3 baskets, having contents: Apples, Oranges and Apples + Oranges. All the baskets are mislabelled and not transparent. How many minimum baskets do you need to open to know the contents of all.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

career fair in school, just been fooled

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Send my resume to a manager, got a one hour phone interview with him and he wanted to see me onsite. At that point he transmitted to a recruiter to schedule the trip.

Had 3 interview, lunch, and two more. Questions ranging from linked-list to graph. Overall questions were simple but you have to take great care about the coding on the whiteboard, I was not prepared to.

Interview Questions

• It was a compiler team, I had to design an alias analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

I got a on campus interview. Failed in the 2nd round. Asked me some basic algorithm questions. Easy but need to figure out different solutions.

Interview Questions

• how to combine 2 sorted arrays together. Like 1357, 2468, the result should be 12345678   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a campus career fair. The recruiter contacted me within two weeks to set up an on campus interview. The email containing the interview sign up also contained a list of books and websites to help prepare for the interview. The interview itself was a half hour long. The interviewer asked me to talk a little bit about my classes and projects, which I did for seven minutes. The rest of the time was spent in working out a technical problem. I first discussed my ideas with the interviewer, who then told me what he liked and did not like and then asked me to write down some code. I heard back from the recruiter a week later informing me that I had made it to the next round, which has not taken place yet.

Interview Questions

• The technical question was related to data structures and sorting.   Answer Question