Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

5 to 6 interviews single day 1 hour each. Coding-based. You have to code on the whiteboard. Prepare data structures, algorithms, writing code. The first 3-4 decide if the hiring manager is going to interview you. Out of the first 3-4, you need to try to nail them all.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very smooth and it was a great learning experience. The interview was 4-5 rounds. Initially had a phone screening then got the onsite interview call from the HR within 3 days of the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest palindromic sub-string. Reverse a linked list. Matching braces in a string, Design question on BST and OOPs concepts   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2017.

Interview

Had the phone interview with the BING team. Basically was a coding interview. First thing over phone is to open an online collaboration tool in order to see how you answer the question by writing the code. Asked a few background questions such as when will you graduate and then started to ask coding questions. You can answer in any programming languages you are familiar with. After that I got the time to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you grade your c++ level? From 1 to 10?   2 Answers

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had the interview on campus, the interviewer was really cool and friendly, went straight to business asking me about what language I liked best, then onto technical questions. I also asked about his intern experience and he shared his stories with me. He typed my responses the whole time which made me a little nervous, but he had to do that.

Interview Questions

• Merge two sorted linked list into one sorted one and what is the time and space complexity?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2016.

Interview

Referral by a Employee and contacted by a recruiter in 3 weeks to schedule a interview. The interview was about 30 mins. I talked to a recruiter and she asked several behavioral questions and a brain tester. Not sure how I did. Has been two weeks and did not get back to me.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

4 data structure and algorithm questions. You can do it on the whiteboard. Interviewers were very friendly. I liked them in general. I recommend the company to my friends. Wish there was less politics involved.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was asked about my projects and interests in the company, and i was then given a technical coding question. I am currently waiting to find out whether I passed through for stage 2 or not. Interviewer was friendly and technical question was fair.

Interview Questions

• Given an int array with values that contain different heights in order, figure out the largest area of the rectangular shapes the values make. Afterwards asked about the efficiency of the algorithm i made.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting portal. Had an on-campus interview that went very well, and was bumped directly to an on-site interview for the next interview round (for the next summer as they had already filled up for that year). (disclaimer, my college is heavily recruited from.)

The on site interview was very fun. I believe the only MS dev office in north america is currently Redmond, and everyone I know who applies goes on-site there. Flown in before the interview and given ample time to explore the Seattle area (you could request a car for the duration of your stay if you wished).

The on-site interview itself involved staying for 4 hours of interviewing (plus 1 for lunch) with a number of other interviewees (but all interviews are private). Relaxed atmosphere and got a free hoodie at the end which is always nice.

Interview Questions

• Expect the standard questions you would expect from an interviewer in a certain area. For example, if you're being interviewed by someone from Bing, you should know algorithms. If by Windows, systems questions... Very standard.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, passed the first half-tech-half-non-tech phone screening. It was basic "walk me through your resume" and "talk about a project" and "what if you were a leader of a team and two team member have problem, how would you solve it". Technical part wasn't hard, simple puzzles. Then I was invited to their center for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• find duplicates in an array with space efficiency   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume at an event and was contacted by a recruiter for a 30-minute on-campus interview a week later. The interview was scheduled for the next day. Everyone was friendly and questions were primarily about my resume. I also had one whiteboard coding question centered on binary trees.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest concept for you to learn in your favorite programming language and explain it to me   Answer Question