Microsoft Graduate Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Graduate Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Graduate Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from one of their staff the next day to confirm my application and telling me about my first round. It was an online assessment on hackerrank site. There were 2 questions and 90 minutes to solve it. I attempted the interview on a Saturday and got a call on Monday that I am through the first round and asked me the schedule a date and time for a technical phone interview. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions and basic OOPs principles. I was asked to choose a programming language to ask the questions and I choose Java. The questions were very basic like can more than one class exist in a .java file and if yes what are the conditions. The third round were three face to face one hour interviews with the engineers at their office. The mistake I did was I didn't brush up my database knowledge though I had it on my resume and the questions were from database and I didn't answer them well as they expected. So, I didn't clear the 3rd round but the fourth round was supposed to be a one full day assessment which was basically to know if I would suit their work culture.

Interview Questions

• Can more than one class exist in a .java file and if yes what are the conditions?
    What is Polymorphism?
    What is inheritance, interface?
    Difference between public, private, protected and static.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Graduate Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2014.

Interview

Two sessions of interview of 30 minutes each:
    First session was a technical review where a technical question was given to be solved in 30 minutes. The question I received was a bejewel-like game and the task was to code the function to start the game with initial game state.
    Second session was a 1 to 1 interview question where the interviewer followed up on your resume details as well as asked several expected questions such as reason of wanting to join the corporate and what is your passion in regards of technology.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting the question to be as complicated as a game but it turn out that you would not be expected to complete the functionalities but just provide your logic flows.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call for a phone interview a few weeks later. First interview was about personal questions and OOP theory. Second interview via skype had some code writing (string manipulation).

Interview Questions

• A problem you had with a colleague and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview

A phone interview consisting of basic HR and technical questions.
    A lync interview where technical questions were asked based on data structures