Cover image for MongoDB

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

MongoDB Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 877 interviews

Campus Recruiting25%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jan 2022

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I completed the phone screen but could not move on to the next steps to due issues with sponsoring my visa. My recruiter was fast to reply and extremely helpful and positive.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at MongoDB?
    Answer Question

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

Typical online coding test. Similar to questions that can be found on leet code. Will be hard if you do not practice. You are interviewed by a real person who will ask questions and respond to you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about MongoDB

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

MongoDB

Application

I interviewed at MongoDB

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out to schedule an initial phone screening, which was mostly personality-based to gauge for company culture fit. Then we scheduled the coding interview, which was 3 rounds of 1:1s with various engineers, testing for data structures and algorithms knowledge. They were also really interested in hearing about my past experiences, and it was actually a really fun experience!

Interview Questions
  • There exists a staircase with N steps, and you can climb up either 1 or 2 steps at a time. Given N, write a function that returns the number of unique ways you can climb the staircase.

MongoDB

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MongoDB in Dec 2019

Interview

1) behavioral recruiter screen (15~30 min) 2) technical phone screen (30~45 min) - not difficult, was asked a simple linked list question but mostly just talked about products and interests 3) onsite (~3 hours) - technical questions were mostly collaborative with interviewer and not difficult!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MongoDB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB in Nov 2013

Interview

Got contacted by MongoDB, since they had my resume from last year. I went through a 45 minute technical interview by phone, then another 45 minute phone interview, and finally three interviews onsite. I felt the onsite interview questions were not that difficult, but I tunnel visioned too hard on one approach and missed an easy solution.

Interview Questions
  • Given a string of parantheses, brackets, and curly braces, write a function that returns whether the string is well balanced, in that every left delimiter is closed by the correct right delimiter. I was asked this question by multiple interviewers, it seems like their go-to question.

MongoDB

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MongoDB in Jan 2013

Interview

3 challenges. Fizzbuzz. Find the height of a binary tree. Parsing parenthesis.

Interview Questions
  • Given a set of open and close parenthesis, make sure the string is valid, such that each open parenthesis has a matching close parenthesis in the correct place.
RSS Feed