PepsiCo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,945 Interview Reviews

2.8

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Barrington, IL).

Interview

After an internal referral, I received a an initial HR phone screen. This was followed by a required 1.5 hour online test of both personality and logical reasoning. After this I had phone interview with the hiring manager which went well. Another 1.5 hour personality test was required after this, bringing total test time to 3 hours.

I was then invited for an onsite interview. Due to a snowstorm, the onsite interview was cancelled last minute and changed to a set of video interviews. The video interview system worked for me, but was too complex for some of my interviewers and I did not see video feeds of half of them. Additionally, I was told by the technology people I still had to do audio via a phone call while using the video on my computer. This made it incredibly awkward speaking to a computer camera over a phone where they could still see me and I could not see anything. It made for a fairly unprofessional experience.

Following the video interview, I was notified a week later that I was not selected for the position via a form letter. I attempted to follow up with the HR representative asking for constructing feedback that I may be able to use in the future and received no response back.

Overall the experience felt like it took a lot of time (through tests), was unprofessional (with the video interviews), and lacked helpfulness. Due to the experience, it felt I was also left with questions on whether or not fair consideration was given.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given a project with very little direction or guidance.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Easy interview, although it was short. It consisted of two people and they switched back and forth asking behavioral questions that I responded with the STAR method. Both the recruiters were nice and easy to converse with

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

I met recruiters at the career fair and received a code to apply online. After applying online I took a personality test. Once I passed I was invited to interview at my schools career center.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Started off with an invitation to attend a social networking night the night before my interview. The PepsiCo representatives mostly talked amongst themselves at the event. The interview itself was at on-campus college facility. The interviewers described the structure of the interview as: unstructured (tell me about yourself), structured (behavioral questions), and then location preferences. The interviewers were uninterested in my answers and didn't even ask me about my location preferences. When I asked for a business card, neither person interviewing me had one. Overall it was a disappointing experience for a company with so much hype.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to utilize complex, on the spot thinking.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

Heavily emphasized the STAR method and asked several behavioral questions. Overall, was a short interview because they were focused on ~10 questions in which they wanted me to support to answers with experiences. Afterward, they asked if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to express a controversial opinion and how was it received?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (Columbia, SC) in February 2018.

Interview

Very easy and quick process. From the time the Interview on campus to when you know if you got the position is 3 weeks. During the interview they specifically explain what they are looking for in your response. I.e. "ok, on this next question we are looking for how you handle yourself in groups".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (South Barrington, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Logical reasoning assessment followed by a phone interview with the Hiring Manager followed by another personality assessment (the software for which was messed up btw - took them 3 days to fix the same), brought me a face to face interview. Very very negative. One of the worse interview experiences. 5 interviewers back to back with a 15 min break after the first 3. Did not even offer me the chance to get water. Some asked (or literally read out) pre-determined questions by HR, which were of a generic nature. Only one of them communicated what they were looking for an answer. There was a purposeful intent of grilling and I was constantly talked down to by a couple of interviewers with arrogance. Plus, the hiring manager tells me that there were 10-11% people laid off just yesterday. Will never apply here again and would have declined the offer if they made one anyway.

Interview Questions

• Why would I hire a Packaging Engineer to do this job? (Even though I am NOT a packaging engineer and I told them so - the interviewer was still adamant in calling me one.)   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo (East Lansing, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process is fairly smooth. Simply go to the career fair, apply, and be offered an on-campus interview. However, it all depends on who you get for your on-campus interview. I had two interviewers that had absolutely no enthusiasm and only asked four questions. The rest of the time was me asking them questions and trying to show enthusiasm for PepsiCo while they laughed, swore various times, and showed close to no interest in what they were doing. Honestly, these interviewers made me not want to accept a role at PepsiCo even if I were extended an offer because they only showed me one thing: unprofessional behavior.

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

Very friendly staff, seemed to be very engaged in the conversation that was being had. They had a lot of experience in their field and new what they were very knowledgable.

Interview Questions

• name a time you experienced change and how you dealt with that   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview

The interview was with two people and was very similar to what I expected going in.
    They asked fairly standard interview questions. There is large focus on leadership skills.
    Make sure to be able to talk about lot o leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to deal with a difficult person on a group project and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question