Qualcomm DSP Firmware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm DSP Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview . I was expecting a detailed questionnaire on my projects but the interviewer started out with questions on C and then went on to ask questions related to DSP and Communications theory. The interviewer was good and was very patient in asking each question and listening to my answers.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part for me were questions on C which i did not prepare at all. There were questions related to embedded systems and questions on Cache memory.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied on their career website. First was the phone interview where they asked about my projects and some basic questions. Called onsite at Santa Clara where i had 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• questions were pretty simple like create a linked list of n nodes, some puzzles   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and got email from the HR to set up the phone interview. After about 45 min I got the on site interview recommendation. During the phone interview I was asked a lot questions about what I was doing and and some theory algorithm associated with them. For example: How to do the channel estimation? How to implement the power control algorithm. all the technique related questions are based on the interviewer's working experience. I don't have on site interview scheduled yet. But my experience is you have to really know what your were doing and make the interviewer believes that you really did the work as you claimed.

Interview Questions

• How to estimate the DP SNR?   1 Answer
    • How to estimate 16QAM threshold   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Passed Phone interview. Asked questions about DSP assembly. How do you perform a modulo without using the modulo operator? Asked about macm and how it handles 32bit multiplication.

Next step was an onsite interview. About 6 hours. Asked questions about wireless theory, space-time block codes, OFDM, MIMO and fourier analysis. Had to write a C function that reversed bits given two indices in an int. More C questions about multi-threading, some questions about hardware and assembly languages.

Interview Questions

• Write a c functions that takes two bit indices and an int, and reverses the bits in the int between the two indices.   9 Answers
    • Describe why OFDM works as well as it does. Describe QAM modulation and the effects of channel offsets   Answer Question

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through their company website. Staffing member called me and told me that there will be an telephonic interview after two days. Telephonic interview lasted for about 30 minutes. Then after two days they mailed me to come for an onsite face to face interview. They told me to choose a suitable date for me. They even told me that they would reimburse the flight tickets (economy class) and cab charges.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Interview (30 minutes)
      He asked questions on everything that is there in my resume.

First interviewer (one and half hour)
      He started with my M.Tech project. Then he concentrated on channel coding part. He asked C programs. If we transmit a bit stream, and if it gets corrupted and results in some errors ,then write a c program to find which bit stream was transmitted, if you have the original and corrupted signal.

Second Interviewer(one hour)
      He asked some basic question on Signal Processing. He asked a basic question on conditional operator.

Third Interviewer(30 minutes)
      He asked me about channel coding,source coding and about FIR and IIR filters. I asked him a question at the end. He did not listen my question properly and asked me who taught you Digital Communication.

Fourth Interviewer(one and half hour)
      He is really nice. He asked me about my B.Tech project. He asked me about compiler design. He asked me about receiver types, example for orthonormal basis function. He asked me a basic reasoning question. I don't remember the question. Among all he is really supportive.

Fifth Interviewer( one and half hour)
      By this time i was fully tired. He asked me what i know. Then he asked me question about Source coding, channel coding, modulation techniques, interleaver, Cyclic Redundancy check. He asked me what is the use of "Static". C program to find a given number in an array.
      I was fully exhausted and could not concentrate properly.

Overall It was good. They did not give me any feedback for two months. I emailed them twice, then they replied that feedback was negative.   Answer Question

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

1 Hr technical phone interview (CV screening + basic technical question), half a day onsite interview, 4 rounds 1vs1 (45mins) with each team lead + department manager.

Phone interview lasted about one hour with DSP algorithms and drivers lead, focused on fixed point math, Q format for fixed point representation, general telecommunications questions.

After that, I was invited onsite for the interview. It lasted nearly half a day, with 4 different rounds with each team lead (FW, algorithms, systems) and with the department manager. Started with a presentation of the work at my previous company, touched telecommunications aspects focusing on equalization and GSM standard techniques, basic C knowledge, equalization algorithms comparison.

Interview Questions

• Digital modulations, GMSK;
      GSM standard