Qualcomm Software Applications Engineering - Customer Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Applications Engineering - Customer Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially was selected for a phone screen interview with the Software Applications team. Had two rounds with that team. I thought the interview went pretty well but for some reason was rejected. The interview focused mainly on System Programming and OS questions. Brush up concepts on Memory, Cache, Paging, Semaphores-mutexes, etc. I thought I did well on both the rounds so I contacted my recruiter back asking for a genuine reason for my denial. They told that they found a better match for that position. But due to my good review from previous interviewer they gave me a chance to interview again with 3 different teams. One was for IT and other 2 were for Software Engineering. They liked my other interviews and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the difference between Semaphores and Mutexes?
    2) What is the difference between a TLB and MMU?
    3) Find a loop in a linked list.
    4) Some algorithmic question based on Binary Search.   Answer Question
  • Behavioral Questions:
    1) Questions on your resume. (Make sure you know each and every stuff on your resume well- They are very smart to read your mind)
    2) Why do you want to join Qualcomm? (Be passionate about it. Do some research and go).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation in Internship