Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 2,877.0 interviews

Recruiter13%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I got an email about a phone (screening) interview about two weeks after application. Then, one week later, I was invited for an on-site interview along with 1-hour presentation about my recent research. After one week, I had a virtual (on-site) interview consisting of five individual one-on-one interviews (four technical + 1 HR) right after my research presentation.

Interview Questions
  • - First-round question: I was asked about what I have done in detail from my resume. - Second-round question: 1-hour research presentation and several technical questions on LTE RAN protocols and some basic questions on OFDM and difference between EPC and 5GC, and a few behavioral questions (only during the interview with one HR interviewer)
    Answer Question

Qualcomm

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Qualcomm in Mar 2020

Interview

Overall, it was a great experience. First round was a phone screen. After clearing that, you are required to provide a 1-hour presentation on your PhD work. This is followed by back-to-back interviews.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were primarily related to probability and statistics, queuing theory, optimization, and wireless communications and networking. A strong foundation in mathematics is needed.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Qualcomm

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Qualcomm

Application

I interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview

It was a one hour phone interview that included first introducing yourself, then your previous work experience and for the last 20 minutes included few questions on basic signal processing and wireless communications.

Interview Questions
  • Basic signal processing and communications
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

There were 3 rounds. First was an initial phone screening, then was called for onsite interview at San Diego, CA. One panel interview with 5 people and one HR round. Focus on resume and research about Qualcomm thoroughly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Qualcomm

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview

A presentation on your previous work and contributions from your side, followed by questions and answers on digital communications and signal processing techniques from the team you are joining.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Qualcomm

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview

The internship was the 3-month interview process. At the end of it, there is a presentation for your solutions to the problems posed. You are given freedom to arrive at the solution yourself and you are assigned a mentor.

Interview Questions
  • Fundamental questions from Operating Systems, digital design, memory design, and programming. Nothing fancy if you have a Ph.D. in CE. Otherwise, atleast do courses in OS and advanced VLSI/SoC design.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

They contacted me two months after I applied online. The first interview was technical which I easily passed. Then I went onsite to give a talk and for further interviews. I did great in the interview and two weeks later I got an email from the HR that I passed the interview and got a pending offer. We even discussed numbers. The HR then stopped responding to my emails. I finally chatted with hiring manager and it turned out that they had given offer to multiple people. Very unprofessional. Qualcomm is taking its path down to a 3rd tier company.

Interview Questions
  • They asked general math, signal processing, and machine learning questions.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Jan 2014

Interview

One phone interview with 2 questions. If you got it all right, they fly you to onsite. It's a one whole-day process with 4 to 5 rounds 1-1. Each person gives 3 to 5 questions from puzzles to actual engineering problems. One of the 1-1 is lunch interview.

Interview Questions
  • You have two eggs and a building from first floor to 100th floor. Eggs would break above certain (the same) floor, which is unknown. Use the smallest number of trials to find that floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in Mar 2013

Interview

Applied on-line, phone screening followed by on-site

Interview Questions
  • some irrelevant math quiz problems, queueing system modeling, etc

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

Probability questions, TCP/IP questions, questions on PhD, PhD presentation, MAC algorithms, whiteboard problem solving. Dont lie on resume!!

Interview Questions
  • Probability question, details on earlier project you may not remember like power consumed by block X, data rate requirement of block Y etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews