Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied on-line, phone screening followed by on-site

Interview Questions

• some irrelevant math quiz problems, queueing system modeling, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Probability questions, TCP/IP questions, questions on PhD, PhD presentation, MAC algorithms, whiteboard problem solving. Dont lie on resume!!

Interview Questions

• Probability question, details on earlier project you may not remember like power consumed by block X, data rate requirement of block Y etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation is possible

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was recruited in a recruiting event with more than twenty candidates for an unclear number of positions. Each candidate has to go through a set of 6-8 back-to-back interviews, each 30-minute long. The interviews very technical, except for one with HR representative. The scope of the questions asked in the interviews spanned from digital communications, information theory, signal processing, and probability. The same interviewer was asking questions in different fields of study.

Interview Questions

• Find the the capacity of parallel Gaussian channels   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

One hr and 4 technical interviews. I did well in 4 technical interviews which were around MAC and PHY layers: OFDM, ARQ, Queuing theory, IP/TCP. Some questions to test how I think. Overall, I like they way they ask. They are very supportive and open.

Interview Questions

• I did well on all questions. Got job offer after 2 days of the on-site interview but I declined.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fully technical. You need to be prepared, since they ask you different questions on different subjects. The questions were mostly related to the wireless communications, signal processing and stochastic process. Some other questions were LTE-based questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Several basic questions in wireless communication systems such as difference between wired and wireless networks, advantage of multicast. The interviewer is Indian. He was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between wired networks and wireless networks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Some basic probability/stochastic process questions about lossy wireless channels.

The last question the interview asked was: "Suppose we make 10 packet transmissions per second over a wireless channel, the channel is lossy such that with probability 1/10 a packet transmission will fail. The transmitter knows perfectly whether a transmission succeeds or fails. When it fails, the transmitter retransmit the packet, until it finally succeeds. So what is the throughput we can get?"

This was a VERY VERY simple question that the throughput should be 9 packets/second! The interview didn't agree and simply emphasized "because of retransmission, throughput should be reduced more than 1/10" repeatedly.

Couldn't achieve a consensus with him after a long debate and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Loads of technical interviews with engineers, management and HR, 8 in total all day long, was exhausting, although those engineers are not there any longer as they all move on, or were asked to leave at some point. New interview engineers may not be doing the same style of interviews/questions

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions on wireless, wires and overall communications standards   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It's pretty laid back. You get to see the campus and walk around to see if you'll like working there. Very nice people asking hard questions
    Ps more like brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book I read.   1 Answer