Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Qualcomm

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They contacted me two months after I applied online. The first interview was technical which I easily passed. Then I went onsite to give a talk and for further interviews. I did great in the interview and two weeks later I got an email from the HR that I passed the interview and got a pending offer. We even discussed numbers. The HR then stopped responding to my emails. I finally chatted with hiring manager and it turned out that they had given offer to multiple people. Very unprofessional. Qualcomm is taking its path down to a 3rd tier company.

Interview Questions

• They asked general math, signal processing, and machine learning questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with 2 questions. If you got it all right, they fly you to onsite. It's a one whole-day process with 4 to 5 rounds 1-1. Each person gives 3 to 5 questions from puzzles to actual engineering problems. One of the 1-1 is lunch interview.

Interview Questions

• You have two eggs and a building from first floor to 100th floor. Eggs would break above certain (the same) floor, which is unknown. Use the smallest number of trials to find that floor.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The internship was the 3-month interview process. At the end of it, there is a presentation for your solutions to the problems posed. You are given freedom to arrive at the solution yourself and you are assigned a mentor.

Interview Questions

• Fundamental questions from Operating Systems, digital design, memory design, and programming. Nothing fancy if you have a Ph.D. in CE. Otherwise, atleast do courses in OS and advanced VLSI/SoC design.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Several basic questions in wireless communication systems such as difference between wired and wireless networks, advantage of multicast. The interviewer is Indian. He was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between wired networks and wireless networks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Some basic probability/stochastic process questions about lossy wireless channels.

The last question the interview asked was: "Suppose we make 10 packet transmissions per second over a wireless channel, the channel is lossy such that with probability 1/10 a packet transmission will fail. The transmitter knows perfectly whether a transmission succeeds or fails. When it fails, the transmitter retransmit the packet, until it finally succeeds. So what is the throughput we can get?"

This was a VERY VERY simple question that the throughput should be 9 packets/second! The interview didn't agree and simply emphasized "because of retransmission, throughput should be reduced more than 1/10" repeatedly.

Couldn't achieve a consensus with him after a long debate and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.   8 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

This was an interview at the end of my internship period. First meeting with HR about salary expectation and benefits. Then went to technical one to one interviews with Qualcomm QCT division. Position was in systems engineering. Try to review basics as much as possible and show confidence.

Interview Questions

• Filter design problem for the RF front end.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Probability questions, TCP/IP questions, questions on PhD, PhD presentation, MAC algorithms, whiteboard problem solving. Dont lie on resume!!

Interview Questions

• Probability question, details on earlier project you may not remember like power consumed by block X, data rate requirement of block Y etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation is possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

One hr and 4 technical interviews. I did well in 4 technical interviews which were around MAC and PHY layers: OFDM, ARQ, Queuing theory, IP/TCP. Some questions to test how I think. Overall, I like they way they ask. They are very supportive and open.

Interview Questions

• I did well on all questions. Got job offer after 2 days of the on-site interview but I declined.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied on-line, phone screening followed by on-site

Interview Questions

• some irrelevant math quiz problems, queueing system modeling, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers