Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.4

Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Manchester, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

Got a call and was asked to come in for an interview. Was given some forms to fill out and told there was several jobs I would fit in to.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to sign an agreement not to contract with anyone else.   1 Answer

Contract Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Presentation by the Sales Rep and associates was very positive and polished. Interviewer was focused on getting as much personality and skill set information as possible out of me in a short period of time, but had good interpersonal skills that counteracted the time crunch they are obviously under. A bit of a tag team approach, but still decent communication of vital info. Opportunity to present portfolio was very good.

Interview Questions

• The usual what was your most difficult job experience in your field and how was it resolved.   1 Answer

Contract Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

I reviewed job ops on the Robert Half Management Resources website and posted my resume. I was called by an account executive who saw my resume and thought I would be a good fit for one of their clients. This division of Robert Half primarily provides contract/project work it's clients. He asked me to go through my resume describing my previous experience. Then I was invited to the office for an 1:1 interview.

When I walked into the office, there was a large reception area with alot of activity (applicants). Some applicants were wearing suits while others were dressed casually. Somewhere in the office I noticed several different division names. One was Accountemps, another was Technology. I was relieved to know that they weren't all here for the same opportunity.

I had a 1:1 interview with a different individual than I had spoken with on the phone. Same process...walked the person through my resume. Then I was told that this contract position was related to SOX compliance and was asked to describe my previous SOX experience in detail.

The next day I had phone interview with the client. The person who had interviewed me the day before was with me. He coached me before the call. I went through the same SOX experience description with the client. They agreed to hire me (as a consultant). My work lasted for 4 weeks and I was paid an hourly rate by Robert Half.

The interviewers are professional accountants and are very well dressed.

They had a room of computers for applicant testing. I took an Excel test, which was very straightforward

Interview Questions

• You'll be considered a "subject matter expert" by the client. How will you tackle this project (as had been described).   Answer Question
    • How long of a commitment are you able to make to this client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that my rate for this project and other future projects would be based upon the rate that the client had negotiated with Robert Half

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met with 5 people all from the recruiting dept. nothing really difficult. Questions were more about the on-boarding process (which is the one thing I have not done a lot off) and then the other question was how do i deal with conflict?

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Pompano Beach, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied last year,no response. 6 weeks ago a recruiter placed at clients didn't work out was called in for in person interview. Have had years of experience recruiting for grocery managers, which is exactly what they needed. Had in person interview and am working at a large grocery chains regional office.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique as a recruiter?   1 Answer
    • What traits or skills do you bring that aren't listed on your resume?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set salary no negotiation.Paid through agency. Keep updating your skills, keep in touch a few times a month with agency. Doing well in in person interview is key. Your skills must be in demand and marketable,must be personable and polished.Markets so tough must show flexibility,but must know your worth.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed first on the phone and accepted an in person interview request. I then went to the office and had a 20 minute interview. The Interview itself did not fully describe the work I would be doing and I do not think they fully represented the duties.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Interview

Very unprofessional recruiters who do not explain anything or take into consideration some ones skill set. Treats others on a bias unequal method. Over all experience of the management and recruiters are very rude.

Interview Questions

• Nothing pertaining to skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

My resume was passed to Robert Half through my school and I was contacted for an interview. From the moment I walked in, everyone was really welcoming. The paper work was easy to fill out, and met with someone within minutes. The interview lasted approximately 30 min. And was more based on what my prior experience consisted of, and being briefed on what the company is about and what to expect. My interviewer was the Assistant Vice President of the finance department, and I felt comfortable choosing Robert Half at the end of the interview. There are steps after your interview that are pertinent to employment.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half in January 2015.

Interview

Just a review of what you have done, they do have tests to verify that you can do certain things like excel, typing and outlook. They also do a personality test and you may be required to submit to a drug test.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Out of State Applicant - Inquired about local paralegal positions with recruiter Rachel via phone, and scheduled an in person interview. My process was a lot different from what I learned from people that went on initial screenings and/or interviews. Robert Half Legal treats applicants differently based on: local vs out of state, race and ethnicity, and I heard from some people, age also plays a significant factor regarding selection and current opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to lower you salary requirements (community members around the Denver area, cautioned about this type of situation)?   1 Answer