Robert Half Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,013 Interview Reviews

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half in April 2017.

Interview

Very standard, nothing too hard. Most of the questions were behavioral, and just wanting to get to know the candidate. Process was very easy and nothing out of the ordinary occurred during the process in which I was getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   7 Answers

Contract Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half in August 2014.

Interview

Sent resume and got a call next day strongly requesting a skype interview. Told them I was looking and not able to do a skype session at work. I could do it afterhours or weekend, but was told they dont work during that time. Asked if they would be willing to do phone interview, nope.
    Ok I am employed and since Robert Half makes the process difficult I told them never mind not interested.
    I was then told he would keep me up to date on any other offerings. ???

Interview Questions

• When is the earliest you can do a skype interview.   2 Answers

Contract Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Presentation by the Sales Rep and associates was very positive and polished. Interviewer was focused on getting as much personality and skill set information as possible out of me in a short period of time, but had good interpersonal skills that counteracted the time crunch they are obviously under. A bit of a tag team approach, but still decent communication of vital info. Opportunity to present portfolio was very good.

Interview Questions

• The usual what was your most difficult job experience in your field and how was it resolved.   1 Answer

Contract Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Half in January 2018.

Interview

Screening interview that was conducted over the telephone. My resume must have hit some criteria somewhere. I can't fault the recruiter, but the position was for a short term contract attorney position which paid less than I could earn working for a local sandwich shop. This would be fine if the position didn't require a law degree and bar admittance.

Interview Questions

• This was a screening interview based off a resume submitted on-line. I was asked to confirm they were speaking to the right person.   1 Answer

Contract Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I Received a Phone Call from a Recruiter, who found me on CareerBuilder. The next day he scheduled me for a Skype Interview, and 2 days later I was invited into the office to complete my application and meet with my Recruiter / Rep. My Rep immediately starting working on placing me on short jobs, which became longer projects.

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Bethlehem, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

In as few words as possible, the recruiter called on a Thursday at 9:57 and left a voice mail message. I returned the call at 10:00 and was told she just went into an interview. No idea what she would have accomplished in a three-minute phone call had I answered the phone. I reached her the next day to schedule an interview for the following Monday morning. She was not able to accommodate my work schedule so I made arrangements to either use vacation time or make up time. She pulled up my resume and then asked who my current employer was. Trust me, it’s on there. She advised they required three professional references. These had to be supervisors, managers, or higher up. Nearly got into an argument with the very young sounding recruiter, that a “professional” reference is anyone who can vouch for your work and can be a colleague. Well, not for them. Problem is my previous employer does not allow supervisors and up to provide references. So what is the work-around? After going around with this for a while, she said this may not be the right opportunity for me. When I questioned that because my previous employer’s policy doesn’t match their policy, I should miss out on an opportunity, she said I wouldn’t have to provide that reference until I was offered the job. Again, what happens if I get the offer and can’t provide a management reference? I can’t use a current manager as a reference because that person isn’t supposed to know I’m job hunting. Recruiter just kept going around in circles about this trying to explain who needs to provide the reference, which I already understood. In her attempt to explain this with examples, which was not necessary, she then proceeded to tell me who my current employer is. At this point I should have canceled the interview. Monday morning comes around, I trek out to their office only to be told that the job was filled Friday afternoon. And why did I not receive a phone call about this? I should have been offered the opportunity to cancel or reschedule at a more convenient time if all I was actually doing at this point was registering with them for future opportunities. Very rude and inconsiderate of them. Total waste of my time. After researching the Internet and reading about the fake jobs they post, I’m suspicious that the job even existed.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Robert Half (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview as my resume was posted on Career Builder. I went downtown to a very nice office and met with the interviewer. Very easy, very laid-back interview. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested in helping me find work and she made the entire process very comfortable. I filled out some paperwork and was contacted for jobs shortly thereafter.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Houston, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

It was brief, straight to the point and the interviewer was really nice. I was working in a matter of a week was hired permanent within 6 months and I really love my new job. I always go back to Robert half.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Half (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

I reviewed job ops on the Robert Half Management Resources website and posted my resume. I was called by an account executive who saw my resume and thought I would be a good fit for one of their clients. This division of Robert Half primarily provides contract/project work it's clients. He asked me to go through my resume describing my previous experience. Then I was invited to the office for an 1:1 interview.

When I walked into the office, there was a large reception area with alot of activity (applicants). Some applicants were wearing suits while others were dressed casually. Somewhere in the office I noticed several different division names. One was Accountemps, another was Technology. I was relieved to know that they weren't all here for the same opportunity.

I had a 1:1 interview with a different individual than I had spoken with on the phone. Same process...walked the person through my resume. Then I was told that this contract position was related to SOX compliance and was asked to describe my previous SOX experience in detail.

The next day I had phone interview with the client. The person who had interviewed me the day before was with me. He coached me before the call. I went through the same SOX experience description with the client. They agreed to hire me (as a consultant). My work lasted for 4 weeks and I was paid an hourly rate by Robert Half.

The interviewers are professional accountants and are very well dressed.

They had a room of computers for applicant testing. I took an Excel test, which was very straightforward

Interview Questions

• You'll be considered a "subject matter expert" by the client. How will you tackle this project (as had been described).   Answer Question
    • How long of a commitment are you able to make to this client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that my rate for this project and other future projects would be based upon the rate that the client had negotiated with Robert Half

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Robert Half (Pompano Beach, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied last year,no response. 6 weeks ago a recruiter placed at clients didn't work out was called in for in person interview. Have had years of experience recruiting for grocery managers, which is exactly what they needed. Had in person interview and am working at a large grocery chains regional office.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique as a recruiter?   1 Answer
    • What traits or skills do you bring that aren't listed on your resume?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set salary no negotiation.Paid through agency. Keep updating your skills, keep in touch a few times a month with agency. Doing well in in person interview is key. Your skills must be in demand and marketable,must be personable and polished.Markets so tough must show flexibility,but must know your worth.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Half (San Ramon, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met with 5 people all from the recruiting dept. nothing really difficult. Questions were more about the on-boarding process (which is the one thing I have not done a lot off) and then the other question was how do i deal with conflict?