Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from the store manager. He went over my work experience, discussed the pay rate and asked why I left my previous employer. He asked to have a 1:1 interview with him the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes it was all about going over my experience and what the job entailed. Next step was the interview with the District Manager which was a few days later. He was very nice it was more like a conversation than a interview he was very impressed with my resume and went over a few things from my past work experience and offered me the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer
    • What is your end goal with the company if you decide to join the team?   1 Answer
    • What would be the hardest part about transitioning to this type of work compared to your previous work?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you gave too much information.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Fort Pierce, FL).

Interview

The process consisted of an interview with a DM, a zone director and HR manager, and then a Vice President. The last was a Skype type interview. The process including background check took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• The process consisted of an interview with a DM, a zone director and HR manager, and then a Vice President. The last was a Skype type interview.   Answer Question

Purchasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. Three interviews consisted of various management levels. Key indicators that were scrutinize was confidence demeanor and skill sets that would great growth.

Manager Role Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Interviewed for a manager role. Had 1 phone interview, and multiple conversations with DM. Followed up with an in person interview with a few more managers, regional, etc. 2 weeks later had another phone interview with a different DM. Then radio silence. Emailed/texted for updates once a week... never received a response. Considering I was a top candidate, a thanks but no thanks would have been appreciated.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

My friend worked here so I already knew about it. It was in person basic questions about previous jobs. I've been shopping at ross and the store I applied for years so that might have helped.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied online through the career section. Waited about 2 weeks before I received the call from the hiring manager for an interview. The interview questions were straightforward. They will notify you by phone if you are hired and schedule you for orientation.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Well One Of The employees took me to the right room i got there the manger was so funny we had a nice conversation
    He made me laugh we can talk all day

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work with Ross's   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (South Gate, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview felt more like a conversation which made me feel less nervous. The assistant manager was really nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview did not take longer than 20 minutes. I passed the first interview and was told to go back for the second interview after two days. I go back for the second interview and the manager I was supposed to interview with had left minutes before my scheduled interview. I was told to write my name and phone number on a piece of paper so it could be given to him. I still haven't gotten a call back for a reschedule and it's been longer than a week. I'm just hoping I get a call back because I did pass the first interview. Overall the interview process was great and the bright side of this is that I got some practice :)

Retail Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Applied through online service and was contacted by a Hiring Manager. I had a phone screening with the Hiring Manager that asked basic behavioral questions. About a week later I had a phone screening with a District Manager and was asked how I would apply my skills to the role. I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond to help serve a customer.   Answer Question

DC Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

First a phone screening for about 30-45 minutes. Got invited to the in person interviews where I was interviewed by 2 people at a time for 3 different interviews, beginning with management and ending with the VP of operations. Thought it went well because I was prepared and nailed every question... Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell/show someone that does not know English how to do a task that you needed them to complete   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Throughout the interview process they really showed a lot of interest and excitement about me going though the interview process with them. they flew me to new york and i felt very welcomed and excited about a possible internship. the interview consisted of 4 back-to-back 30 minute interviews. one of the interviewers was doodling on the sheet rather than listening to what i said. I fell the company had their minds made up before i even arived to interview. unfortunately, i did not receive the position. the email informing me was canned, rude, and pointed out my flaws.

ALSO