Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from the store manager. He went over my work experience, discussed the pay rate and asked why I left my previous employer. He asked to have a 1:1 interview with him the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes it was all about going over my experience and what the job entailed. Next step was the interview with the District Manager which was a few days later. He was very nice it was more like a conversation than a interview he was very impressed with my resume and went over a few things from my past work experience and offered me the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What is your end goal with the company if you decide to join the team?   Answer Question
    • What would be the hardest part about transitioning to this type of work compared to your previous work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave too much information.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winter Garden, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Winter Garden, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

the interview process was quick and easy. applied online, got a call the next day for an in-store interview. hired on site. they seemed impress. probably the most simple questions to be answered. just have a brain.

HRIS Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dublin, CA).

Interview

I had to go through two phone interviews with recruiter and hiring manager. After that, recruiter called and invite me for first in person interview where I met with two lead employees from the team and Hiring manager. Recruiter called the following week and invite me for second in person interview with Senior director and Group Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time when you inform other people from your team incorrect information and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was more of a casual conversation, than a job interview. It was a relaxing and positive experience. ROSS has AMAZING benefits! I was floored by what they have to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer and come and work for ROSS?   1 Answer

Interview

I filed out the application online. Two days later I received a call asking for an interview the following morning . It was a group interview and it seemed that no one had retail experience (including myself) got a phone call saying I got the job two hours later.

Interview Questions

• It was a group interview with 4 of us. Was asked situational questions only. Like what would you do if a costumer was unhappy   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weslaco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Weslaco, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager was very straight forward. He got to the point and let me know exactly what he was looking for and what the position was for. He made sure to explain a little about the position then offered me a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cashier/Sales Associate/Stocking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (McAllen, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I arrived at the store and was told to meet with the store manager. Once I met the manager I was told to wait in the staff break room. Once he was available he took me to his office and started the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very interested Hr team are very friendly. I was nervous at start but calm down after getting in the mood. Very friendly environment I would love to work there.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you ? what are your weaknesses? how did you heard abt this kjo   Answer Question

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Lacey, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for an Area Supervisor position online, went through the long questioner then was called 3 days later and asked to come in at 10:30am for an interview. I show up at 10:20am and then was told that apparently my interview was at 10am? So I waited then when I finally got my interview they explained to me that they are only hiring for seasonal partime associates and that there is no supervisor position available. It was such a waist of time and effort. I wish they would told me over the phone at least. So unprofessional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school and completed first round interview with one person that was mostly behavioral questions. Following this interview I then went to NY for final round of four individual interviews.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

Met Ross recruiters at an on-campus recruiting event. Hit it off with two of the employees there and was emailed to complete and interview on campus a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview was behavioral based questions. The conversation got pretty conversational, which was nice and took away some nerves.