Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day from the store manager. He went over my work experience, discussed the pay rate and asked why I left my previous employer. He asked to have a 1:1 interview with him the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes it was all about going over my experience and what the job entailed. Next step was the interview with the District Manager which was a few days later. He was very nice it was more like a conversation than a interview he was very impressed with my resume and went over a few things from my past work experience and offered me the position immediately.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What is your end goal with the company if you decide to join the team?   Answer Question
    • What would be the hardest part about transitioning to this type of work compared to your previous work?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave too much information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores in October 2017.

Interview

Met at university career fair, submitted resume on our campus job site, was selected for an interview on campus. Recruiter was one of the nicest people I've ever met, made the interview very easy going. Was more of a conversation, no real interview questions.

Interview Questions

Ross Stores Response

Oct 17, 2017

Thanks for your review! We're happy one of our university recruiters made your experience delightful. Keep working hard and gaining experience, we hope to hear from you again.

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

They take FOREVER in the interview process. They might have you meet with a team one person per interview (don't know why they can't schedule in one day and not waste your time) and drag it on for a month to two months and they might have you meet with other teams and drag it out even further. I did not feel their HR person was very professional at all. They do not provide timely feedback as to where they are in the hiring process, and you have to reach out if you are curious - they don't give updates on their own.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions related to the position you are applying for and want to know if you have off-price experience.   Answer Question

Ross Stores Response

Sep 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience for a Buyer position. We want candidates to feel like their time is being valued, but we also have to go through the... More

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Lihue, HI) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview with two other candidates. Each of us were asked one question and that was it. We then heard more about the scheduling process and were shown the stockroom where we were told we would be working. Told of the strict color scheme of the required dress code and that outermost layer of clothing must be royal blue. No uniforms provided and even though we are working overnight and stocking we weren't allowed to wear jeans.

Sample Coordinator Interview

Interview

Great interview - the team was very engaging and welcoming. I met with two people and the process lasted about an hour. I did not end up getting an offer due to lack of experience but I enjoyed my time with them!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

The interview was really quick and simple wanted to be a cashier but ended up being in the stock room. I was just asked some general questions about my self and my availability and I got the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you provided great customer service to a customer and how did you do it.   Answer Question

EARLY MORNING STOCKER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kahului, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Kahului, HI) in August 2017.

Interview

It not really hard but im pretty sure it went well..and after the interview they did a background check for about 2-3 days and they called me and told me the process is good so i can come for the next week for orientation..

SPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

it takes more than 3 weeks to process everything and do the background check. Two times in person in the store and one time on the phone by district manager being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ross?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and she was up front and very blunt about the work load which I appreciated. She was personable and we laughed about my personal experiences. She then told me " I haven't seen nothing yet" lol. And she was right, I have not. They are big on LP. Make sure to talk about how important internal theft is to you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... kind of questions. Use actual experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online. The very next day I got a phone call from a manager inviting me to an interview.

Went to the interview. The guy didn't ask me any questions. The only thing he asked was past jobs and and availability. Interview didn't last 10 minutes. I asked him what to expect after the interview and he said he would call or email me within a couple days. I gave him a whole week and called him back when I didn't receive anything.
    When I called him to follow up he said he was "just talking about us the other day and that the store manager had to approve everybody." He also said that "they have been really busy" and that he'll call me the very next day to let me know for sure. Of course I never got anything so I just dropped it.