SAP Associate Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAP Associate Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at SAP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

1. initial screen through email (no phone call)
2. online coding test (15 multiple choices + 1 coding problem)
3. The HR didn’t give me any response & didn’t reply my email

Interview Questions

• What is your primary motivation to seek new employment and leave your current company?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for SAP

Associate Software Developer Interview

Interview

There was an online coding round for 90 minutes followed by two technical and one managerial and one HR interview.
    The online coding round has 10 multiple choice questions followed by 2 coding questions platform was hackerrank.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented programming and database management systems   2 Answers

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SAP (Bhubaneswar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The overall selection process consisted of five rounds. At first, there was an online exam followed by 2 Technical interviews, 1 Managerial interview and finally HR interview. The online exam was to test the basic knowledge of students, which lasted around 70 minutes. It consisted of 25 aptitude questions (maths+logical reasoning) to be solved in 25 minutes. The coding section consisted of three questions - 1 partial coding, 1 debugging and the last one with problem statement, for which we need to write the whole code. The testing level was moderate and platform used for online exam was mettl.

Technical Round consisted of questions from OOPs concepts, datastructures and basic concepts of C/C++/JAVA. They also asked common puzzles. From databases, the questions were mostly focused on Normalization,ACID properties, transactions, SQL queries.

Managerial Round lasted about 45 minutes. Mostly questions were asked about the projects listed on resume. Questions were also asked from Software Engineering and what software model will be used in a given scenario.

HR interview consisted of common questions - about background, aspirations and choice of location for work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What software Model will be used in a given scenario, like for developing a small application and then providing cloud services.   1 Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Potsdam (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAP (Potsdam (Germany)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an offline test conducted before I had face to face interview.

offline test will be creating some small project.

I was interviewed in Potsdam location, where I had to face 3 rounds of interview.

1-> Technical (tip: Know your basics, Design patterns are important)
    2-> Case study round( tip: Know your domain, I was asked to explain complete architecture of the previous project including hardware limitations and pros and cons of moving it to cloud)
    3-> Hr+ manager round(tip: Be prepared for question on your notice, salary, expectations and motivation)

each of these rounds lasted for 1 hour each.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 technical round, 1 managerial round,1 HR round

question are simple and asked from DS,OS,PUZZLE

Technical round: question are directly asked from Geeksforgeeks

Managerial Round: try to put pressure psychologically

HR Round:just a formality

If u made into technical 90% job is done

Interview Questions

• Reverse a link list,height of binary tree   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Campus placement, 5 rounds. The technical questions were C, C++ related and quite technical. Needed good understanding of the subject. The first three was technical rounds, followed by an interview with the manager. This one was mostly an IQ test. The last one was the HR round. It was a pretty comprehensive process, but was finished in a day.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm/Program for bubblesort was one of the questions asked.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SAP.

Interview

3 rounds. 1st technical, 2nd Managerial and 3rd HR. 2nd round was continuation of the the 1st round's question. Campus selection. Overall, it was a good interview experience. Not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Bubble Sort. Business logic for facebook 'suggested pages' feature.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

it was a campus placement- 1 written test and three rounds of interview(including HR)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were not that difficult. they touched the basics   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was not negotiating

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAP (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Sap labs consists of 4 rounds of interview, namely 2-technical, 1 managerial and 1 hr round.
    Technical Interviews are very easy to crack. Questions asked from simple C, storage classes, OOPS concept, simple array questions, linked list, DBMS specially from normalization and joins and most important puzzles.

Interview Questions

• Each round was knock out

1st round : technial
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      1. Explain storage class in C.
      2. Given an array of n integer from 1 to n, 1 value is missing find out which value is missing(optimal solution).
      3. explain waterfall model and some basic questions

//cleared this round

2nd round : technical
      ----------------------------------------------------------
      1. Tell me about yourself

2. Explain Normalization and its form with example

3. He gave 3 empty table(3 table structures). 1st table column reference to 2nd table column and 2nd table column references to 3rd table column. Now he asked which normal form it is violating.

4. In the same table he filled data and asked to write a query to get data from the table using join.Inner join worked well and was easy.

5. Gave the following code asked what this code will do

void x(struct node* head)
      {
            if(head->next==NULL)
                  return;
            x(head->next);
            printf("%d ",head->data);
      }

//quite simple that it is the code to print the linked list in reverse order. but he asked me to explain it. Did it very well and he said very good.

6. Puzzle

7 full, 7 half-full and 7 empty bottles of beer are given. you have to divide in group of three such that each group has equal no. of bottles and beers too.

//cleared this round too.

3rd round : Managerial round
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      #old guy probably one of the manager. greeted well
      Only puzzles and few questions from resume, course taken etc

1.Given a cube, dipped into colour and cut into 5x5. how many cubes we will get coloured(total).
                     //I calculated right but said wrong

2. you have 26 similar balls(colour and weight) and 1 ball which is similar to rest 26 but has weight slightly higher then the rest. how many comparisons you require to find the faulty ball on weighing scale.

i knew that it is controlled by power of 3 and ans should be 3. but that time i though 3^4 = 27 and said 4........infact i proved also in 4. he said to optimize it but i didn't.............

unfortunately after this round they said you are not qualified for hr round. :(

Hope this review will help others to get job at sap labs :)   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAP (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

there was an Initial online Tes. Once I got through it i got a call for one on one on-site interview call. I had a couple of technical interviews one after the other. Post this one HR interview to decide on compensation and role.

Interview Questions

• Coding problems, Basic technical questions and puzzles   1 Answer