Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2018
4,175 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

The interview took place over the phone. The manager asked me how long I was looking to work for. They only hire people who will be okay with working there for at least 1 year

Interview Questions

• Phone call- asked me how long I was looking to work for. They only hire people who will be okay with working there for at least 1 year. I was looking for a part time summer job so obviously this wasn't an ideal match for either of us and the interview ended there   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

My interview was super quick went in to talk to manager showed him my resume. He asked me questions about the resume then asked for info to complete background check.

Coffee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

overall great experience. very professional. made me feel comfortable, felt good to not have to give 3 strengths and three weaknesses. Seemed to ask questions about day to day.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Just went in and asked if they hiring when I went in for a coffee. The baristas said they were and to come in when the store manager was in and it was not busy so they recommended around 2 pm or so; the next day I came in, asked for her and if she was hiring and said I submitted the application last night; she interviewed me and immediately offered me $8.25/hour plus tips (an extra $1/hour) and I was able to start that week.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Roseville, CA).

Interview

They just want to get to know who you are as a person which will determine which store they put you at essentially. They ask you the standard questions, describe a conflict in the workplace, where else have you worked, who are you, what are your hobbies, those kind of questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the workplace or in your life where you had to handle a conflict between two people   Answer Question

Interview

just be good at talking to people and dont yell at customers. take it to be back if you have a problem with a partner. know the steps for brewing coffee and follow routines and you will be golden. 3 pumps for tall 4 pumps for grande 5 for venti with some exceptions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It wasn't a difficult process. However I did get cut off a few times and he had to call back. Overall it went well but I decided it was not for me at that time.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

short and straight to the point. the girl that interviewed me was nice, but distracted by other things happening in there store at the moment. she said i would have gotten the job if i lived closer.

Interview Questions

• do you work well under stress?   1 Answer