Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,533 Interview Reviews

2.3

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute sessions with each members of the team, lots of great questions and fun activities during interviews. They definitely asked you questions about your background and how it can relate to Starbucks as a brand and as a company. Each members of the team had different personalities, but that's what made it more appealing. They all said they loved their job there and you can tell by just the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to negative comments online?   1 Answer

Construction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Two recruiter interviews over phone, two manager interviews over phone, one senior manager interview in person, job offer, background check

Construction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were not able to meet a customer's request.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Interview

I was reached out to by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn. I had a 30 minute phone screen conversation/interview. I was encouraged to apply for the position online and submit a profile. After completing the profile I was scheduled for an interview in my local office. I met with the manager I'd be working with and then on that same day the Sr. Manager. I was emailed for a final interview with my groups Director. I was called the next day by the recruiter with an offer and started a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty typical interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional week's vacation. Salary was competitive but I'd reached the highest pay grade for the position.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview; 1 one-on-one interview; 1 group interview. Went through all three very well, was told I would be a great asset; was not given the position since I was "overqualified" and they were concerned I would not remain in the position after training; rather disappointing. Everyone doing the hiring was nice, including the recruiter, the group interview was a bit stuffy though.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Starbucks?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview; in person one on one interview; in person group interview; informed of decision via phone. One on one was very casual, laid back. General chat about similarities and goals. Panel was more corporate interview oriented: how would you handle this? Describe a time when you faced a challenge. Why do you want to work for Starbucks? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Explain why you jumped around jobs a lot (on resume).

Interview Questions

• You haven't worked for a large corporation before; how will you adjust to working for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tucson, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

Went to an open interview session first and spoke with two store managers and one district manager. Then, met for second interview with another district manager. Most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was delivered through HR in Seattle, and negotiation was open and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Skokie, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

To "panel" to be an ASM, you sit down with two district managers and they ask you a series of interview questions that need very specific answers. You also lead a coffee tasting and demonstrated your knowledge of coffee.

Interview Questions

• Something about a difficult experience you had with a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none- you are offered a salary and you can accept it or shut up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

This was the absolute WORST interview I have ever had to endure. I was interviewed on the sales floor at a customer table by two men. Customers were coming & going and within earshot of our conversation. VERY unprofessional in my opinion. The higher ranking manager who interviewed me was incredibly arrogant and condescending - the other seemed to be his puppet. The "essay" questions on the written application were ridiculous. I actually couldn't wait to get out of the place and I had lost any/all interest in ever working for Star F*&ks. By the way, your coffee is bitter and excessively overpriced to say the very least. You're not interviewing people to work at NASA fellows, your a chain coffee shop. YUCK!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were obnoxious and vaguely related to the position that was available.   Answer Question

Not interested in the job any longer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process with this company, I felt was very thorough. The first contact that I received was with the recruiter telling me that he noticed my application and wanted to verify everything that I listed on my resume. I then set up a time for the following day to go through a phone interview with the recruiter. He prepared me in telling me what was expected, such as the STAR format that Starbucks follows, and the answers that he would be looking for, wanting me to be very specific and detailed in my answers. During this phone interview, I believe that I was able to verbalize my skills and enthusiasm for this line of work. I also felt that I made a connection with the recruiter that kept us on the phone for about an hour. The recruiter than informed me that he would want to set up an interview with myself and a few District Managers who would ultimately decide whether or not to continue on with the hiring process. As there was a date set for a job fair, but all of the slots taken, the recruiter asked if he could call me back. When he did, he explained to me that he contacted the DMs that would be holding the interview and created an earlier time slot specifically for me. I was then told that if I followed my performance in which he gave me the phone interview, then I should do very well with the District Managers.

The second face to face interviews with the District Managers was inside a store. Upon arrival, I was asked to have a seat, offered a beverage while they prepared for the days interviews. I was interviewed by two area District Managers. During the process, one DM asked the standard questions while the other recorded my answers. I felt that I was very well prepared as this was the same format in which the recruiter interviewed me. I felt that I made a connection with the District Managers, but they were definitely harder to read than the recruiter who I spoke with over the phone. I was asked some follow up questions after going through the formal STAR interview before concluding. I was told that I should expect to hear back from them one way or another by Friday (the interview happened on a Wednesday) as they will make their decision by the days end.

To my surprise, I received a call later that afternoon from the recruiter offering me a position with the company. He was excited as he stated that the DMs felt that I would be a great fit with the company and that they were impressed with our conversation. He also stated that for him to have received a fast decision as that was a very good sign for me. I started working a little less than two weeks later!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you received unexpected feedback about your performance.   Answer Question