Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2018
4,374 Interview Reviews

2.3

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

After filling out online application. They will show you a list of Starbucks that are hiring about 10. WRITE EVERY STORE NUMBER DOWN!!!!!!!!! Then, CALL EVERYONE OF THEM!
    Read this 2 minutes script.

"Hi, My name is ________, can I speak to your hiring manager please." If the hiring manager is not there, find out what their name is and what day and time they will be available. Find out the name of the person you are talking to and write their name down as well and thank them for their time. Then, call back when the hiring manager will be available.

If the manager is there.
    "Hi, my name is ___________, I saw online that your store was hiring and I was wondering If I could stop by for no more then two minutes, to drop off my resume and cover letter. When your free of course, this way you can get a feel for me vs just seeing my name on a piece of paper."

Two things will happen, either they will state they are no longer hiring, in which case, you ask them if they know of any other stores that are hiring and what is that managers name. Thank them for their time then, repeat the script with that store.

Or they will give you a time and a day. (Mines offered to meet the next hour.) Prep A resume and a cover letter, dress up as best as you can. I wore a shirt and tie. Go in. be positive, show them you want to learn, and be honest. I told them I didnt drink much coffee, but there is a lot of coffee history they' will teach you if you ask. For fun, ask them about the black apron.

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Barista Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a call from manager 3 days later. It was kind of a mini interview and was asked for an interview the following day. Interview took about 45 minutes and was hired on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• If a customer complained about their drink, what do you do?   3 Answers
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer from your previous job   1 Answer
    • Why Starbucks?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you received excelent customer service   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Submitted online application and two weeks later had a phone screening. I was invited for a in-person interview which compromised of a 45 minute behavioral based interview. I thought it went great but never heard back.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

This interview was super easy and friendly. I met with the manager who offered me a free drink for the interview. The interview itself was an easy and flowing conversation. At the end, he offered me the position and we got started on filling out forms.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Five things you can add to the team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

No interview. I applied and was hired. But I am required by Glassdoor to write at least thirty words about it so I am just going to be typing bout nothing because there was no interview. I was probably hired without an interview because I work at a Starbucks on a college campus in the student union.

Barista Interview

Interview

Great interview, interviewer very friendly. They ask a lot of questions about your background in food service and in costumer service. They will ask you if you are interested in the culinary field or enjoy beer or wine. They want to know how discerning your tastes are and if you can talk about the flavor profile of different coffees

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a great costumer service experience you've had.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was called in to meet with one store Mgr and then was told to meet with two other managers. It was positive in fact of learning about the company. I honestly think my 20 years of experience scared them so I wasn’t hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

As a store manager for this company. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to let your personality shine. Smile a lot, and give SPECIFIC example of your past experience. The example should include how you were successful or what you did to resolve the problem. Customer focused is key as well as passion and zest for delivering an experience that exceeds the expectations of the customer as well as a desire to build amazing relationships with your co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you've delt with a difficult customer. What did you do?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Filled out App online, then handed physical copy to store manager. Spoke about what I was looking for when it comes to working at the store for example hours, days, training, and future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your personality and experience. Also why choose Starbucks.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview

Casually talking over coffee. You forget your in an interview since it’s so laid back. You just talk about why you love coffee. They tell you before the interview is even over if you are hired.