Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,639 Interview Reviews

2.3

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute sessions with each members of the team, lots of great questions and fun activities during interviews. They definitely asked you questions about your background and how it can relate to Starbucks as a brand and as a company. Each members of the team had different personalities, but that's what made it more appealing. They all said they loved their job there and you can tell by just the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to negative comments online?   3 Answers

Construction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were not able to meet a customer's request.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Construction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Two recruiter interviews over phone, two manager interviews over phone, one senior manager interview in person, job offer, background check

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Interview

I was reached out to by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn. I had a 30 minute phone screen conversation/interview. I was encouraged to apply for the position online and submit a profile. After completing the profile I was scheduled for an interview in my local office. I met with the manager I'd be working with and then on that same day the Sr. Manager. I was emailed for a final interview with my groups Director. I was called the next day by the recruiter with an offer and started a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty typical interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional week's vacation. Salary was competitive but I'd reached the highest pay grade for the position.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview; 1 one-on-one interview; 1 group interview. Went through all three very well, was told I would be a great asset; was not given the position since I was "overqualified" and they were concerned I would not remain in the position after training; rather disappointing. Everyone doing the hiring was nice, including the recruiter, the group interview was a bit stuffy though.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Starbucks?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview; in person one on one interview; in person group interview; informed of decision via phone. One on one was very casual, laid back. General chat about similarities and goals. Panel was more corporate interview oriented: how would you handle this? Describe a time when you faced a challenge. Why do you want to work for Starbucks? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Explain why you jumped around jobs a lot (on resume).

Interview Questions

• You haven't worked for a large corporation before; how will you adjust to working for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tucson, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

Went to an open interview session first and spoke with two store managers and one district manager. Then, met for second interview with another district manager. Most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was delivered through HR in Seattle, and negotiation was open and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Skokie, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

To "panel" to be an ASM, you sit down with two district managers and they ask you a series of interview questions that need very specific answers. You also lead a coffee tasting and demonstrated your knowledge of coffee.

Interview Questions

• Something about a difficult experience you had with a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none- you are offered a salary and you can accept it or shut up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

This was the absolute WORST interview I have ever had to endure. I was interviewed on the sales floor at a customer table by two men. Customers were coming & going and within earshot of our conversation. VERY unprofessional in my opinion. The higher ranking manager who interviewed me was incredibly arrogant and condescending - the other seemed to be his puppet. The "essay" questions on the written application were ridiculous. I actually couldn't wait to get out of the place and I had lost any/all interest in ever working for Star F*&ks. By the way, your coffee is bitter and excessively overpriced to say the very least. You're not interviewing people to work at NASA fellows, your a chain coffee shop. YUCK!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were obnoxious and vaguely related to the position that was available.   Answer Question

Not interested in the job any longer.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starbucks (Irvine, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Apply online
    Phone Interview with HR rep
    Behavioral Interview with HR and 1-3 District Managers

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had coach or discipline a employee that was derailing in his/her job description. What happened, what was the result and what did you learn from the experience? given the same situation would you handle it the same way and why?   Answer Question