Starbucks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,389 Interview Reviews

2.3

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute sessions with each members of the team, lots of great questions and fun activities during interviews. They definitely asked you questions about your background and how it can relate to Starbucks as a brand and as a company. Each members of the team had different personalities, but that's what made it more appealing. They all said they loved their job there and you can tell by just the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to negative comments online?   15 Answers

Construction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you were not able to meet a customer's request.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Construction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (San Jose, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Two recruiter interviews over phone, two manager interviews over phone, one senior manager interview in person, job offer, background check

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected   2 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starbucks in July 2013.

Interview

I was reached out to by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn. I had a 30 minute phone screen conversation/interview. I was encouraged to apply for the position online and submit a profile. After completing the profile I was scheduled for an interview in my local office. I met with the manager I'd be working with and then on that same day the Sr. Manager. I was emailed for a final interview with my groups Director. I was called the next day by the recruiter with an offer and started a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty typical interview.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional week's vacation. Salary was competitive but I'd reached the highest pay grade for the position.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview; in person one on one interview; in person group interview; informed of decision via phone. One on one was very casual, laid back. General chat about similarities and goals. Panel was more corporate interview oriented: how would you handle this? Describe a time when you faced a challenge. Why do you want to work for Starbucks? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Explain why you jumped around jobs a lot (on resume).

Interview Questions

• You haven't worked for a large corporation before; how will you adjust to working for Starbucks?   2 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview; 1 one-on-one interview; 1 group interview. Went through all three very well, was told I would be a great asset; was not given the position since I was "overqualified" and they were concerned I would not remain in the position after training; rather disappointing. Everyone doing the hiring was nice, including the recruiter, the group interview was a bit stuffy though.

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in Starbucks?   3 Answers

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Starbucks (Tucson, AZ) in November 2008.

Interview

Went to an open interview session first and spoke with two store managers and one district manager. Then, met for second interview with another district manager. Most of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer.   4 Answers

Negotiation

The offer was delivered through HR in Seattle, and negotiation was open and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Starbucks (Lakewood, CO) in February 2018.

Interview

It was really laid back. I appreciated the conversation feel of the interview and never really felt stressed or intimidated. I walked out already feeling confident in my relationship with my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging coaching conversations I had to have.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Starbucks (Salem, OR) in July 2018.

Interview

Positive process from start to finish! It took a month and a half to hear back but I was willing to wait since I knew I wanted to work for this company. It started with an email for a phone interview, they schedule 2 to 3 weeks out so be prepared for that. The interview was great, all STAR related questions. After the interview he said he wanted me to connect with 2 District Managers in my area. I was able to get an interview a week after my phone interview. The in person was such a great experience! The same type of process -STAR related. My initial recruiter, who did my phone interview, sent me an amazing email so I could prep for the interview. In person and phone interviews lasted 45 minutes each. I got an offer the next morning that was way better then I initially expexted!

Interview Questions

• How would you like to help in the community?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you received feedback on your performance, how did that impact you?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you had a direct impact on P & L reports?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starbucks (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

This was the absolute WORST interview I have ever had to endure. I was interviewed on the sales floor at a customer table by two men. Customers were coming & going and within earshot of our conversation. VERY unprofessional in my opinion. The higher ranking manager who interviewed me was incredibly arrogant and condescending - the other seemed to be his puppet. The "essay" questions on the written application were ridiculous. I actually couldn't wait to get out of the place and I had lost any/all interest in ever working for Star F*&ks. By the way, your coffee is bitter and excessively overpriced to say the very least. You're not interviewing people to work at NASA fellows, your a chain coffee shop. YUCK!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were obnoxious and vaguely related to the position that was available.   1 Answer

Not interested in the job any longer.