TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Interview was good and they were friendly and appeared helpful, however my contract came in today to sign and it does not match any of the details I was told I would have.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I got call for interview from their recuiter who viewd my profile via LinkedIn. Firstly recuiter ask few genral HR questions over the phone and later schedule on-site meeting for interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience in the applied filed(Quality Assurance)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Was cold called for a contract position at a large tech company. After a quick phone screen with an associate recruiter, I was asked for my references. I asked them to not contact my references until more further on in the process, and the associate said yes, that was fine. However, they ended up contacting them right away anyway, multiple times for multiple positions. I find it a gross breach of trust to annoy my professional references like this; I suggest to not bother with these people and just look for the same position with another staffing firm. They also call you incessantly, without scheduling or emailing first, until they get all the information they need to submit you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Austin, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was rather smooth and straight-forward. Emails, phone call, and follow-up for the first two interviews happened rather quickly - which I think is great.

The in-person interviews were facilitated by conversation, rather than the typical question-firing style. Before the interview took place I was told by people within the company, including those interviewing me, to be open and honest; this is where I seem to have made a mistake.

My recommendation is not to open up or reveal yourself too* much. The last few places I've interviewed were structured to hear what they want to hear, rather than who you actually are, but this place was different and I recognized that. Because the interview questions were rather personal, I decided to answer them truthfully, something I thought would gain praise and eventually a job. A lot of people hide themselves through interviews, and now I see why. Rarely ever does a company actually know your worth or ethic until you're in the position for at least several months. Sadly that was not the case here. I made the mistake of revealing too much of my personality and in turn resulted in management thinking I wouldn't mesh with the team. I wholeheartedly disagreed with the reasoning, for I have never "not meshed" with a group, but I nonetheless accept it. I think this came about by the 4-5 people I interviewed/shadowed with. Because you're talking to multiple people, with multiple styles, and multiple questions, it's easy for things to fall through the cracks in terms of being consistent. Not sure how I went wrong here, but keep that in mind when applying and interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Questions about family, background, personal interests/hobbies, reasons for applying, work history, where you see yourself in 5-10 years, etc.   1 Answer

Account Lead Interview

Interview

lengthy, multiple steps, face to face, onsite, panel interview, lots of personal questions about professional and personal goals and motivations
    background, exeperiences, drivers, career goals
    shadow curent employees
    lunch
    the overall interview is pretty intense and timeconsuming which says a lot about the employees

PC Deployment Tech Interview

Interview

Easy get to know you type interview not scripted like other companies. They want to know about you so confidence in yourself is key. Feel free to ask any questions because you will get direct answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Southfield, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed with dozens of employers( and I have interviewed 100's of people), and this in person interview with their director of operations had to be one of the most tactless and unprofessional that I have ever been too. This was surprising given the company's mostly positive reputation online and how pleasant and professional the recruiter was that phone interviewed me. He obviously did not want to interview me and was unfriendly from the start. In hindsight, I should have left right away when I picked up on that. He asked me a bunch of personal questions about my family and why I had left different positions, but nothing really about the job or the field at all. Perhaps the most demeaning part of it though was how critical he seemed to be of me for going to community college by constantly asking me why I went there before a four-year school. I would strongly advise changing their process around, or they will risk losing out on more quality candidates and kill their reputation. Ultimately, very poor presentation and I would never work for such a place that conducts themselves like this on my first meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position   1 Answer
    • Why did you only list the last three positions you worked   1 Answer
    • How were you compensated in your last role   Answer Question

IT Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Created a profile and applied online via the TEKsystems website for several positions outside my local area. Within 30 minutes two different recruiters had called me to have initial conversations. I ended up working with the more senior recruiter, who was more than happy to have my initial interest interview via Skype. He worked with me over the course of three months, through several applications and canceled interviews (the clients canceled due to filling the positions before meeting with me) until we were able to find a good fit with a pay rate that I'm quite happy with. 10/10 the whole way, and I've already recommended them to several friends looking to make a career change.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change jobs?   1 Answer
    • What do you bring to the table outside of your IT skill set?   Answer Question

Level III Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Got a call from TEKsystems about "a perfect fit" as a Level 3 Desktop Support Engineer. The first step was to go to their office for a face-to-face. After them seeing I was a sharp clean cut individual I was asked what my salary requirements were. I have 8 years experience as a Level 3 Desktop Support Technician making $22-$28 an hour. Their off was $17 and hour! Are you kidding me! That's level one pay! They said, "But it's LONG TERM!" Okay great! So, you want to under pay me for a long term! NO WAY! Waste of time. Greedy commission paid recruiters! Boycott this company!

Interview Questions

• Would you work for 55% of what you are really worth?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview questions were rather invasive through out the entire process. The corporate recruiter even warned me of this (which was a sign I should of ran) but instead I stomached this through out all four interviews. The final one was the most invasive. They even went as far as to ask questions about my personal and LOVE LIFE. Pretty sure that’s illegal. At the end of it all, they didn’t even bother to send me an email saying that they went with another candidate. This company is so hypocritical so I’m glad nothing came of it. Don’t waste your time.

Interview Questions

• What does your father do for a living?
      What does your mother do for a living?
      How about your significant other?   Answer Question