TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.8

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The first interview was a Group interview. Meet at TEKsystems with a group of 4 recruiters. The interview process verified my resume and consisted of experience and behavioral questions. From there I was sent on 2 interviews with the client for two different positions. I received offers for both.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Recruiter meets with you during interview and helps throught the process by prepping. Questions about experience and prokects were asked as well as things I enjoyed doing outside work. They asked some out of the box questions.

Interview Questions

• What super could you have if you could pick any?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Started off great and slowly got worse. I began the process in November with a number of phone interviews. Two weeks later I came in for an in person interview with two account managers. It went so well and I was so excited to work for this company. Two weeks later I came in for my half shadow (this is the part where it started becoming a mess). Questions about my professional experience weren't asked. Similar to what everyone else says, they begin asking you creepy, personal questions prying into your life. Sure, I get they want to preserve the "company culture" but I don't like it when someone literally asks me "What does your Fiance's DAD do for a living". That is not your business at all. Nor does it have anything to do with me as person. All they got out of that was more reason to pry into our lifestyle habits. Gets even worse, after meeting with like 5 people who were all doing the same thing you begin to feel exhausted. They forgot to have me meet with the DBO (aka the most important person) and by that point, I was already gone for a 3 week vacation and suggested I come in a THIRD TIME, it would literally be my 5th interview.

It seemed so promising and organized but over time it was just a mess. I accepted an offer elsewhere and stopped wasting my time with them.

Interview Questions

I'm not trying to sip their koolaid

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY).

Interview

I only made it to the phone screen portion. First off the interviewer did not call in the time frame they said that they would which I felt like was very unprofessional. My second complaint is that the interviewer seemed very disinterested with anything I had to say, regardless if it was a good or bad answer to her questions. I don't care if someone is giving the worst interview ever, as a recruiter you should still be enthusiastic and act like you care what they are saying. I also didn't like how personal of questions they asked, don't ask me how I paid for college or what my childhood was like. Those are very personal questions that are not pertinent to the job at all. I had a very negative experience and honestly if I had been offered to continue further I would have turned it down.

Interview Questions

• How did you fund your college?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start and I was able to get an in-person interview after that. I met with the business director for that office and it lasted around 45 minutes. Very laid back and introductory. Following this I had a half-day in which I had another interview that lasted about an hour in between that. The half day ended after they took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• When did I overcome adversity, what are some leadership roles I have had, why sales, and what are you looking for in an employer?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budd Lake, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Budd Lake, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

They had interviewed me once. We went out for coffee. Interview went well. They asked me to call them after the weekend if I was still interested. I called the interviewer's phone and left a message. He never called me back. I called the main office and asked for said person. They said "He was just asking about you - Ill talk to him and give you a call right back". I never got a call back. It was unprofessional of them to blow me off as they did.

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Describe last 2 job experiences and as fraud analyst on your resume.
    She would not go into detail about the actual company she was servicing for interviewing needs.
    Very - unprofessional - called without introducing herself as a potential employer.
    Just asked if I had time to discuss a position I applied for online.
    Very organized behavior -
    I would take precaution before accepting a job in this form or fashion.

Interview Questions

• What type of compensation are you looking for?
      Do you know anyone else that would fit this position? They are looking for someone with a more technical background.
      1 Answer

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview will be over the phone with an actually rep in that department. So no your facts and take notes. If you get the job you will know because they will ask for a list of references and make an follow up appointment where you meet face to face

Interview Questions

It's wasn't full time job they only do contracts

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Harrisburg, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Various phone call "interview" conversations with recruiter then you complete an online assessment for your career history. I was offered in-person interview about two weeks after initially being in contact with recruiter. Arrived early for interview and the manager kept me waiting for 30 minutes before he was available to begin the hour long process. I was asked more personal questions than professional questions about my experience. Also, I was asked to be completely honest about my "dream career" and told that my answer would not be used against me. The manager explained that he understands IT staffing is not anyone's dream career. However, my honesty was later used as the reason why I was not offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where are you from?   1 Answer
    • Why did you attend college? Did you work your way through college?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

I was asked details about my work experience. They asked what java technologies I used in every project I did and how I used them. They asked my preferred day and time for an interview with the client. It was an easy and friendly interview. They did it to gauge my personality and to check my communication skills

Interview Questions

• how did you use Java in all your projects? explain in detail   Answer Question