TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.8

IT Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (San Antonio, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

3 part process: 1st phone screen. asks about resume and experience(regular interview). 2nd one-on-one in person interview(asks nothing about resume and experience only weird personal history/childhood questions. 3rd & final step: half-day shadow at office: the shadow is showing you the real day-to-day job with seasoned reps. then interviews again with different person about personal life and nothing else.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview process was familiar to me, and most people I'm sure - where you have a phone interview and then if it all works out you will then have an in-person interview at the office you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give me a two-minute advertisement as to who you are.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you completely failed and how you over-came that failure.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview in the Roanoke, VA location. Honestly it was the worst interview experience of my life, and the two employees who were interviewing me were intense and told me they thought I was afraid of disappointing my parents. I answered a question honestly and the lady told me she didn't believe me. I was in the interview for over 2 hours to the point my roommate almost called the company to check on me. Prior to leaving, I was told to let them know if I was interested in the next step of the interview - I ceased contact with them. About a week later they sent me a rejection email. I would run from this company.

Interview Questions

• Asking extremely personal questions about personal life (friends, which parent I was closer with)   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Melville, NY).

Interview

From my understanding of what was told to me over the phone I would be interviewing for a Help Desk position for a regional telecommunications company. The pay was stated at $25/hour. Upon actually going through the interview with the TekSystems recruiter I was informed that I was not being interviewed for said position instead it was a breath 5 minute conversation about my work experience. THEN based upon that experience they would find a job that best fit my skills.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

They conduct a Phone interview, then the follow up with an onsite interview. IF you pass that, then you move on to a half day shadow where you get to meet people in multiple roles.

Interview Questions

• very personal questions, want to get an idea of what your work ethic is and how you have overcome challenges.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Was called in for an interview, asked to do Skype but I was not comfortable with Skype so I asked for an in person interview. I went to the office and went through a rather "impersonal interview". Basically if you are entry level just coming out of training you will most likely not get a position with this agency (or most temp agencies of the kind) because they're looking for "creme de la crop". That is basically how I felt coming out of the interview.. IT tech positions can be some of the hardest jobs to land when looking for entry level because you're dealing with a bunch of "know it alls" who look for robotic employees. I would say not to wait by the phone expecting a call back after an interview with TEKsystems, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in IT tech? Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

2 interviews - 1 phone and 1 in person. In person interview was a half day shadow and more of a panel interview. They are always watching you closely so make sure you are always on your game.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was great - very straight and to the point. The Team Lead and Manager asked me multiple questions - but nothing to trap me. They were very open.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin - we had a phone screening - and then I was brought into the office for an interview. I had to wait at least 40 minutes in the lobby for interviewer because he had a phone call - probably closer to 50 because I came early for my interview.. The waiting didn't bother me as much as the fact that after receiving the rejecting email.. I emailed immediately asking if I could get feedback for my interview & never heard back. I just feel like, as a recruiting agency.. feedback is really important to help candidates grow in their career. I didn't feel valued before & especially after the process.

After the first phone interview, I asked the recruiter if he had any questions that might affect me moving on to the next round. Surprisingly, the recruiter was low-key pretty harsh- because despite the fact that I had an amazing track record of high involvement on campus, multiple leadership scholarships, & TOP corporate internships.. he said the hiring manager might judge me on the months that I have been unemployed following my graduation - and that he might think I'm quote: "LAZY" (Does he think that? Or do you already think that?).. He continued to ask me unnecessary questions related to my unemployment - like ... whether or not I had student loans that I needed to pay off - since I haven't been working. (How is that your business??)

I'm far from entitled & worked extremely hard in everything I've achieved - I just wish there was a little more empathy & that we focused on my skill sets instead. I've never been judged on my post-grad "gap" before even though I was keeping busy during that time & giving back to society (I was studying for an advanced certification & also mentoring college students - my mentees are successful - and having been interviewing at Sandisk, Facebook & Nvidia). To put this in perspective .. it's as if a life-long athlete fell off the tracks for a few months - and started already hitting the gym to get back in shape - and then a trainer approaches them to tell them they are lazy.

Yes, I'm not going to lie.. this did affect me for a short amount of time.. but I got back on my feet & just accepted an offer at a tech-giant on my own. Although, as an advocate for students- I know this could really damage people's morale & confidence esp. since being unemployed is a a very emotional/difficult/depressing time in the lives of candidates - again, interrogating someone's unemployment (esp. if they weren't even fired - & just gradated college) - doesn't help anyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have student loans?   Answer Question
    • Are you interviewing anywhere else? Did you get an offer? Are you still talking to them?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2017.

Interview

My interview at TEKsystems consisted of a phone interview, one one one interview, then a next day half day shadow. They kept saying how hard the job is and how stressful it was. It felt like they did not want me to be there or take the job if it was even offered. Not sure why they did the half day shadow if they were not seriously interested.