Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

3.1

Claims Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

Applied online and had to take an hour and a half test online then got emailed for a 30 min. phone interview, followed by an in-person interview that took almost 2 hours. I had two guys interviewing me, one of the guys was annoyingly kind of rude I wasn't feeling him at all, which made me not want to work for the company anyways. They asked literally 13 STAR based question, it was overkill let me tell you. After that they had two employees come in and I had to ask them questions about the job. They honestly were not helpful at all they would say things like "I don't know" or "that's a difficult question to answer" so this part was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions. All of them were situational and started with "tell me about a time...." etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Brief interview with HR then 2 rounds of interviews. HR interview was high level about what I currently do, why I would be good for the job, and basic interview questions. Group interview with 3 manager type positions in area and that was more in depth. Asked about projects/job specific situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to work with someone difficult   Answer Question

Claims Personal Property Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Naperville, IL).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I had a phone interview first with HR, and she was very nice. She asked basic questions like current position, why I want to work for Travelers and salary requirements.

About 2 weeks later I received a notification for an in person interview. I was interviewed by 2 people who asked behavioral questions. Next, I shadowed a worker who told me his experience and different databases they used. Lastly, I had a more relaxed interview with a single person.
    They require you to take a drug test and then contacted me a few days later that I cleared the background check and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it .   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process begins with an online application followed by an online test. The test was fairly easy. I didn't finish some questions and still managed to pass. Then there is a phone interview which takes about 30 minutes. The phone interview was pretty intense. I prepared very well and there were still a ton of behavioral questions that I had never seen before. The last step is a face to face interview if you can get to it.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time when... How did you handle this situation... What was the outcome.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Buffalo, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on indeed. I applied online and then completed about an hour long simulation and behavioral test. Recruiter emailed me back to set up a phone screening. We set it up for the next day (i wish i would have given myself more time to prepare). The phone screening lasted about 20 minutes. I thought it went okay. I prepared for typical STAR based questions but somehow i let my nerves get to me and fumbled over a few questions. I immediately checked the candidate portal that they provide after you apply online and it said that i was 'Under Consideration', i refreshed it about 2 min later and it said 'Application Withdrawn.' Sighhhh

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Phone Interview, basic questions were asked. Very east to talk to, be prepared and have your resume on hand. As before any interview, I would look up common interview questions and have responses prepared. After the phone interview, I heard back asking for another interview within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, what do you know about Travelers, GPA, involvements in school   Answer Question

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY).

Interview

Valuable experience. Good interaction with recruiter. Recruiter amenable to questions. Hiring manager was easy to talk to. Would apply again for a similar position with Travelers and seek out future opportunities with them despite not receiving an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Richardson, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online then received an email shortly after asking me to take a personality and skills assessment. A couple days later I received an email from someone in HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted just over 30 minuets and asked questions following the STAR format. After the interview she told me she wanted to move me to the final interview. On the final interview the I made sure to show up early but they were late but about 15 minuets. I then spent around an hour answering basic questions about my work history then about 20 more STAR questions. A few were already asked in the phone interview. After the interview they had me sit with (shadow) a current employee who explained the job. I never received and further correspondence so I checked the site and it said I was no longer under consideration.

Interview Questions

• How has your progress or success tracked at other jobs?   Answer Question
    • What do you think would be a pro and a con to working as a team?   Answer Question
    • How has your progress or success tracked at other jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your past jobs?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work as part of a team   Answer Question
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you had to deliver bad news to a customer   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Travler’s?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

It was all phone interviews. The first one lasted an hour with two people. Then the next one was with three people for about 30 minutes each. Everyone I spoke with was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of scenario and behavioral questions. In the beginning, they asked basic resume questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Knoxville, TN) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process is not a difficult process but it is a lengthy one. I applied mid-December and got an email to complete a few assessments. I later got an email saying I may be a good fit and they wanted to do a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview is a very detailed interview and they ask questions similar to an in person interview. She discussed the role and the benefits which are amazing. Be prepared with some knowledge about the company because they may ask and in my interview I felt it was a strong point of mine. She asked me how I heard about the position and why I wanted to apply. We also discussed my resume and a gap in my employment. She asked me mostly situational questions so prepare for those. The phone interview lasted just short of an hour but throughout the whole call my recruiter was very friendly and courteous. About a week later I got a call from her telling me I did well on the phone interview and they wanted to invite me to an in person interview. I was sent an email detailing the location and directions on what to do when I arrived. The interview date was over 2 weeks later but I definetely appreciated the time to prepare for my interview. I reviewed many situational question and prepared answers. When my interview date came I sat in the front lobby as described in the email (FYI for knoxville applicants, there is no receptionist so you just wait in the lobby and they will eventually come to get you. I almost thought I was in the wrong entrance). While waiting in the lobby every current employee who was walking in was very nice and wished me good luck at my interview. When I was called into a conference room I was interviewed by two extremely friendly people. They asked similar questions to the phone interview and recapped the duties and described the role further. The interview lasted about an hour and afterwards I was invited on a tour to see the building and to see some of the programs they used which was really informative. After my interview I didn't hear anything for about a week and a half. In all honesty I panicked during that time thinking about each question and answer and wondering if I somehow messed up. Then, I finally got a call from my friendly recruiter that they liked my interview and they wanted to offer me the position. She detailed the next steps. I had to take a drug test within 3 days and she told me I would get an email from the 3rd party background company in the next few days. The background check was fairly easy. They had me fill in my employment, criminal history, etc. It said it could take up to 14 days but it was quick because after four days I checked back on the website and it said it was done and I met the company criteria. Overall it is long process from A to Z but it is definitely worth it. Every single person I've been in contact with has been incredibly friendly and welcoming and I'm so happy I was offered the position. I start 2/26 and couldn't be happier!