Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.1

Inside Auto Blend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Orlando, FL).

Interview

phone interview from recruiter who had interviewed me previously for another position. Asked about my experience, caseloads. Explained different career tracks, explained if selected would need to come in for 3 hours assessment testing. Received email the next day advising "they" had passed on me, no explanation. Don't waste your time with these guys

ITLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

3 Round interview process. Phone, in person (3 1 hour long interview) then one with a IT director.

I was told I will be informed within one to two weeks if I get hired or not. Several months have past and I still have not heard back from Travelers (nor an email). I just assumed I didn't get the role once one month passed.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX).

Interview

Don't be fooled by people who did not get an offer and left very negative feedback! No, the people in the building are not "ghetto," no, the leadership doesn't pass on people who 'threaten their position.' Very professional, welcoming, and diverse workforce. Travelers does their best to hire the best and brightest (pay is higher than all other ins. companies). They are open to hiring entry level. If you come from a different carrier and have been an adjuster for years, knowing the job isn't the only qualifier!

Very difficult interview process! Phone screen interview, followed by a tough in-house assessment, and then a whole afternoon of various interviews. That being said, making it to the end and surviving the cut leaves you with a sense of accomplishment. General advice: Practice STAR method, be ready to ask A LOT of thoughtful and relevant questions (this is what the company is looking for the most), be able to show how your past job experience has skills that are pertinent to being an adjuster (such as negotiating, multitasking, customer service), and also practice speed testing/typing (if you are not a fast typer). FYI, if you're brand new to insurance, having obtained an adjusters license really helps!

The phone screen was easy, they basically ask about your resume and a few behaviorals. Next is the very tough SAT-like assessment testing your grammar, typing speed, math skills, reasoning, and general insurance knowledge. It has a 70% fail-rate, so the company really wants to take on intelligent and quick-thinking folks. It is designed to not let you finish in time and you must pass each individual section to pass the assessment. IF you pass, the rest of the day is a series of interviews with several managers of different sections, as well as VP level leadership and also with HR leadership. You also have two peer sit-alongs, but don't drop your guard, act as if you're sitting along with leadership, because guess who is going to ask them about you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not attempt to negotiate, the offer was WAY over industry average. Again, I want to emphasize that yes, this is one of the toughest interview processes you will go through, but it's for a reason. If you get the opportunity to interview, don't take it for granted. PREPARE

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The initial phone interview was short and easy. I was invited to do an assessment which I failed. It is like an SAT exam and extremely hard. I was not offered a job.

Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I initially spoke with someone from HR. We did a quick phone interview with basic questions about why I wanted to work for Travelers during the summer. As a law student, my interview consisted of meeting with 5 different attorneys and another HR rep. Each interview was pretty similar. They asked about my background, my goals, and why I wanted this position. I received an offer within a week.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Travelers (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

It is a tough process. it starts with a phone screen. the recruiter was very nice, informative. She gave me her email address and Phone number told me "she was my person through out the process if I needed anything". There was a long test. Then I spoke to several people. still waiting to see if I get the job. I hope so

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, who was very likable and personable. She scheduled a phone interview for the next day. She explained the role and asked a few behavioral interview questions. At the end of the interview, I asked her if she had any feedback for me on the interview and what to expect at a face to face interview. She graciously gave pointers. The face to face was with two managers from two different teams. Questions were all from a standardized interview sheet and they took notes on each answer I provided. The questions were all behavioral and took place over 45 minutes. The last 15 minutes was for my questions. I felt the managers were very forthcoming. I left feeling good about the interview, but they ultimately went with candidates who had more exacting experience. I will keep trying, though. Great company.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 strengths and weaknesses of yours?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a co-worker was not pulling his or her weight.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a customer's issue.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Rancho Cordova, CA).

Interview

I had an interview with the current manager at the time and the 1 emoloyee working in the department. After an hour meeting I was offered a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high stress situations?   1 Answer

Auto Claims Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Applied received a phone call from a recruiter a week later inviting me to a career fair. Had a appointment setup with the manager answered about 10 questions about my past experiences and STAR question. After the career fair I was invited to a 3 hour long assessment at the corporate office. Hardest assessment of my life 7 timed portions. Writing, grammar , typing letter, math, listing and personality. It was just like the SAT after the assessment is over you were dismissed for lunch and was told if you receive a phone call in next hour you get a interview for another 3 hours. Don't waste your time I drove over 3 hours for SAT like assessment. I would not recommend Travelers to anyone! Look at the other reviews that assessment is so hard!

Interview Questions

• Tell about time whee you had upset client and how you diffused the situation   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I applied online and had someone referring me. After few weeks, I got an iphone interview (1 hour). There were lots of technical questions and programming questions. However, they were very nice and even explained some terms for me during the interview. I'm still waiting for the result.