Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2018

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process was a standard process and within expectation. There were a few of customer service related questions; some previous working experience related questions; there were not very difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did you have in this type of roles?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The first round interview was an hour long phone interview with IOLDP participants. The second round interview consisted of three half-hour phone interviews with leadership in the IOLDP Director, Graduate, and an Advocate for the program.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

They were great with communication and keeping me updated on what was happening throughout the process before and after the interview. The interview itself felt like the person was reading questions off a paper. It was difficult for the conversation to flow normally so be prepared for a lot of jumping around different topics and questions.

BI Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The interview process was standard. The interviewers made it comfortable and it was a relatively quick. The questions were typical of most interviews and it lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to help your group through a difficult process   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Online application then a day later received online assessment like call center type of test and personality and work performance. A day later a recruiter reached out to schedule a phone interview that’s for 2 days later. Phone interview consist of behavioral questions and past experience. Got a more detail description of the job and asked salary requirements. A day after phone interview was contacted by an admin from the job location to schedule an in person interview. That was scheduled for the next week.
    In person interview was with 2 managers. Prior to interview, receptionist gave me a paper to write down why do I want to work for travelers and why am I a good fit to the position. That was just a plain A4 paper with a bunch of lines to write my answer. In person interview consist of getting to know the position, asking about my background, my education, and past work experience. Then was a few pages of behavioral questions. Each of these questions had multiple questions in them so I had to ask the interviewers to repeat a couple of times. This interview was about 2 hours long. Both managers were very kind and professional. I feel that they were personable and was engaging. Seemed to be interested in what I was saying instead of just writing down my response, which they were also doing.
    After this I was asked to stay in the conference room to wait for someone to tell me what happens next. About 5 mins later I was told if I was available, the executive management would like to meet with me now. So I met with the HR director and the department director and had talked more about why I want to work in the field, about my past experience, strength and weakness, and salary expectation. This interview was more relax and didn’t ask about behavioral questions. This is more to get to know me and me to get to know the company. This interview lasted about 35 mins to 40 mins. Again the interviewers were very nice and professional, personable and comfortable to talk to. I was told at the end of the interview I’ll hear back the next week.
    The next week came and I was contacted by the vp of the department and we had a short phone interview. It was about 15-20 mins long and we talked about yet again what I know about the company and why would I want to join. Where I see myself in 5 years and why do I why to work in insurance. At the end of the call I was told I’d be contact by my recruiter soon.
    The very next morning I was contacted my recruiter with a verbal offer and instructions for drug test and background check. I did the test the same day and filled up the bg check web form from HireRight. HireRight contacted my past employers the day after and my drug test result came back a day after that. On the third day I was told I was cleared and received a welcome aboard phone call.
    The whole process from online application to welcome aboard phone call took just a bit over 3 weeks. Very fast process and I have a start day in 3 weeks.
    I had a very positive experience with travelers and I can’t wait to start a career with the company. I was keep well informed the whole way along and everyone I encountered with was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why travelers   Answer Question
    • Why insurance   Answer Question
    • Why are you a good fit with the position   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have to work in a team to complete a task   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to multitask to complete a task. What did you do. How do you prioritize. Were you able to complete your task.   Answer Question
    • What did your past manager tell you to improve on   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you did not agree with a decision   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a change of policy or procedure   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encounter a difficult customer. What did you do. How did you resolve   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Needlessly long interview with repetitive questions. Interviewed by several people and questions are read from a script. Typical STAR questions. Situational but vague questions in which they are looking for specific answers.

Interviewers seemed detached and bored.

Note to interviewers - make sure the door is closed or you have stepped far enough away from the conference room before you make comments about interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What is going to be the hardest thing for you in this job?   Answer Question

Total Loss Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

Initially has a phone interview for about 45 mins. Followed by an in person interview with 2 people was asked to stay and sit with a current total loss adjuster. Then asked to interview with 4 additional people. Total interview about 3 hours long.

Auto Express Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position and a couple days later was asked to complete an assessment. This was the second position I applied for with the company and I already had taken an assessment, so that same assessment was used. I received an email about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and was 90% behavior based questions. After the interview, I was told that I would be moving forward and an interview was scheduled for 3 weeks later. That was more than enough time to research the company and practice many different behavior based questions. The face to face interview started with two managers asking approximately 15 behavior based questions. I then sat with an employee that works a similar position. I then interviewed with the VP of claims which was more informal with going over the salary, start date and a few questions.

TFDP, Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of two 30 minute phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. At the onsite, I had three back-to-back 45 minute interviews with two different departments (2v1 style interviews). None of my interviews were technical, but I was asked to solve a fun brain teaser in one of my on-site interviews. Most of the questions were behavioral and about the projects that I worked on, what role I had in them, and providing specific details about how I implemented certain things. From start to the finish, the entire interview process was very pleasant and everyone that I spoke to was really down to earth and friendly so it felt more conversational than an interview. They seem to care more about interest in IT and company fit, so bring your authentic self and you will be fine! I received a verbal offer three business days later and a written offer the day after I received my verbal offer.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Dallas, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the sales executive position. I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter first, which I had within in a couple of days. After a successful phone interview, I was asked to speak with the Regional SD for another phone interview. After another very successful conversation, I was asked to speak with a Sr. Sales Executive, to learn more about the day in/out of the SE role. After another great conversation, I heard back from the recruiter and was then asked to schedule a series of in-person interviews. The interviews were scheduled at their regional office, which was about 200 miles away, and there no was mention of reimbursement for travel or any other accommodations. Which I was fine with as I was very interested in the role. There were four interviews scheduled that day from 10a to 1:30p, first interview was with the Regional VP (who no showed) and the Regional SD, second interview was with the Sr. SE (I previously spoke to), the third interview was with Regional Ops. Director and the final interview was with the Director of HR. After completion of the interviews (with no lunch), I was told I was one of two final candidates and should hear back within in a few days. I heard back within a few days and was offered the job! Prior to, I reviewed the notes here on indeed and read about the bonus structure for the SE position, and when I inquired about that, I was informed by HR that it was a convoluted system (their words) and about 1/4 SE 's earn a bonus and it normally amounts to less than 5% of your base salary. With knowing that, I countered the offer to a round number (<$4k) and was told that should be doable. I was also informed then, cryptically, that I would need to complete one thing and it has to be done within 72 hours. A drug test I'm sure, since the role does provide a company car. I informed the HR person I was headed out of town for family vacation and would be back the following week, and there were no issues with that on their end, other than not being able to finalize the offer until I met the "last requirement." Upon my return, I notified them that I was back from vacation and I was told I would hear back the next day. This is where the wheels fell off, I was confused why I had to wait another day after being verbally offered the job, but after 7 interviews, traveling on my own dime, I was ready to work for Travelers even though I had an uneasy feeling. When I spoke to the HR rep. and the Sr. SE (who I found was promoted and would be the new direct report), that following day. I was informed they had rescinded the offer!! Needless to say I was very confused and aggravated and when I inquired why, I was informed that Regional VP decided to rescind my offer and re-post the position to gather a larger candidate pool. So, the one person who didn't attend my round of in-person interviews, made the call to pull the rug out from underneath me and then had the HR rep and Sr. SE give me the bad news. When I asked if it was something I did (counter the offered?) or didn't do I was told no, just that the Regional VP wanted to start over and ensure they have the right hire. From the time of my first phone interview and them informing me they were passing on me, it was approximately 5 weeks. 3 phone interviews, 4 in-person interviews, a 400 mile round trip for the in-person interviews (with no lunch or offer), a verbal offer of the role, and then zilch. I've been in the workforce for about 15 years and I've never been treated that poorly, Ever! I think Travelers the company, is a great insurer but their hiring practices need a lot of work. This is a sub $100k job and I've had three other roles that paid in excess of that amount, and they were easier to get through the hiring process and for the one other job I didn't get hired for, I was informed promptly, professionally, and on the front end from the hiring manager. Be very cautious with this company and keep applying/interviewing elsewhere until you sign the dotted line. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Does working with a different office (Independent agents), and or agencies bother you?   1 Answer