Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Travelers Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

3.1

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

The first step of the process was a phone interview that essentially gauged interest in the company and internship. Questions were behavioral in nature, referring to hardest classes or experiences so far. One question addressed the connection between data and insurance.

Interview Questions

• Explain why data can make such a difference in the insurance world.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Phone interview 30 min long followed by an in person 2 hour long interview. Everyone was very nice, questions were a mix of technical and behavioral. Study the company and the position.

HRLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Applied through university, on campus first round interview with two participants in the HRLDP program. Second Round Interview was with two senior level workers in the HR department. They were amazing!

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

The one and only interview was conducted over the phone. The recruiter was rude, short, invasive and demanded to know EVERYTHING involving every minute detail of my previous job departures. I felt like I was under interrogation and did something wrong. After being interrupted several times, I was ready to abruptly end this nightmare of a conversation but managed to hold it together until the Traveler's Inquisition was done. After I hung up the phone, I could not decide whether I had just had a job interview, or a prostate exam.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter demanded to know privileged information regarding salary agreements, benefits and confidential terms to signed employee contracts during my tenure that directly pertain to the reason I resigned from my last job.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Was scheduled for an interview through university.
    When I checked in, they told me it was phone interview and it didn't even say on the email.
    I was dressed in a suit for the interview and I ended up getting just a phone call.
    Very unprofessional.

PMDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

First was a phone screening for 30 minutes. The interviewer was nice. Got called back for a second round at Hartford, CT. I had three back to back interviews for 30 minutes, most behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about to create a new insurance product?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the internal recruiter within days for a phone screening interview. The entire interview process took a while (couple of months) but I was kept very well informed and my expectations were set for the process.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical questions, such as why I wanted to be in-house.   Answer Question

Outside Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Travelers in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to attend a job fair they were giving. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I was asked typical interview questions.
    Than I was escorted to another section where I met with a manager and someone currently doing the job. Next I was scheduled to do the assessment test.
    The test was difficult for me. I failed the math portion and could not continue with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a DOY project or home improvement project that you completed?   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Travelers (Charlotte, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for the outside property claims representative position in my area. Was notified the next business via email with a recruiter with Travelers. Was asked to participate in 1hr phone interview with in the next 2 day. Had the phone interview and everything went well. Recruiter was very pleasant and forthcoming. Asked general questions of prior employment and why I would be a good fit with the company. Was advised that after this interview, the next stage was an assessment test. Was asked if I would be available to take the next scheduled test (which was the following Wednesday ) The phone interview took place on a Thursday. I said yes and the recruiter explained the time and date for the test and what to wear the exam. Was told that the location would be forwarded to me by the end of the next day (Friday). Friday came and went and then the weekend. Was very confused; if by not getting an email on Friday about taking the test, was that their way of saying I didn't pass the phone interview? Waited until Monday and emailed the recruiter for clarification. Got an out of office response. The next day (Tuesday) I get an email saying there was a mistake and I should have received an email from the local HR debt about the test on Friday (The next day). 2 hrs later I get an email advising me that I was selected to take the test, which was to take place with in the next 24hrs. WTF!! Was told to study for the GED type questions. With not knowing if I had advanced onto the next stage of the employment process, I made plans but ended changing them. Never had enough time to study for questions that I hadn't dealt with in the last 15 effing years.

The test was somewhat easy but not enough time. The first section I only completed 18 questions out of 30.So yeah I effing failed that part right out of the gate.

Overall, terrible experience. Never had enough time to prepare and never understood the reasoning behind the timed purpose of the test. If you struggle at reading lengthy items (i.e. Policies) and having to answer 5 questions in 1 minute, or figuring out the volume of an isosceles triangle in 25 seconds, then save yourself the trouble.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time where you had to deliver bad news to a client.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Property Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers (Diamond Bar, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Took about one hour two man panel, questions regarding my background, how I handle customers, how would I handle being out in the field and no longer in an office environment.

Interview Questions

• How did I handle myself when dealing with an un-satisfied customer   Answer Question