Travelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,009 Interview Reviews

3.1

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen within a week. The "talent acquisition rep" and I stayed in touch via email after I took an online test/screen but it was almost 4 weeks before I was contacted for an in-person interview. I interviewed 1:1 with 6 people in succession over 2 hours. I was ultimately offered the job about a week and a half later, and started about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions - it was more of a conversation than a test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but my offer was so amazing that I did not need to negotiate anything.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers in January 2013.

Interview

Easy but they offered another position based on skill set I had. Wanted original job but this one paid more. I was able to train others. Managers were friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was very professional. Phone Interview, Nice Application before process and test before interview. The only issue being in Hartford in winter you had to walk outside. The parking was not with th e same building. Hartford is a very confusing city so leave plenty of time.
    Very nice as soon as you arrived.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20-25 minutes. She just asked me to walk her through my resume and then she told me more about the position. I was contacted last that day to fill out a formal application and to set up an onsite interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a leadership role? Describe a time when you failed and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Des Moines, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took about and month from phone screening to hire. I had a phone screening and an in person interview was scheduled right after for the following week. The in person interview was conducted by two individuals that you would be reporting to. One person read from a sheet with behavioral questions (Tell me about a tie when...) and the other asked follow up questions about your resume and deeper questions in regards to your behavioral answers. They seemed very interested in you as a person and not just another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were working on a project with a deadline but you were interrupted with another task that had to be done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process overall took about a month to complete. I was first contacted by a HR member from Travelers' Headquarters, to setup a phone interview the next week. The phone interview was quick, only took about 20 minutes and was mainly to verify my background (resume) and to then forward my information over to the field office that I was applying for. I then received an email from the field office manager to setup an in-person interview. At this first in-person interview I met with three people in the department I would be working for, including the direct manager. This took about 3 hours and I was asked general interview questions about the position and my history. After this interview I was then contacted to complete one more in-person interview in the office again to meet with my potential manager's boss and to complete a case study. After speaking with the Regional VP and completing the case study I was contact the next week with an official job offering.

Interview Questions

• Every manager or department member is going to ask different questions, mostly about prior experience and what interests you about the position you are applying for. There was nothing out of the ordinary that threw me off (or anyone else I would think). I would look up general interview questions online and prepare this way.   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

They started the process very early and were very quick and efficient. Everyone I met there was very nice and informative. The office is amazing. There was also a dinner that was a lot of fun and gave a great showing of the company culture

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experiences   1 Answer

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Travelers (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Applied for the position online, got a call from the recruiter about 1-2 weeks later. 20 minute phone interview for the position, then about a week later got a call for an on-site interview. Met with recruiter for 15 minutes, then manager of the position for about 30 mins. Then met with someone from HR who asked all of the same exact questions again for another 20 mins. Overall friendly people. I was suprised I was really not asked many questions. Most of the interview was the manager describing the position to me and what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Some of the basic ones I was asked were:
      - how would I rate myself with Access, Excel, etc.
      -describe my current job/myself
      -how do I work under pressure and in situations where change happens frequently
      -how do i handle working on mulitple projects at once

None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. Very straightforward.   Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Travelers (Jackson, MS) in April 2011.

Interview

Call from Corporate Recruiter. Phone interview on 4/25/2011. Recruiter passed resume to Director of Claims Services to discuss relevance to the position. Call from Corporate Recruiter that my background does not fit w/position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to convince senior management of a new idea. Describe the scenario and the steps you took to bring about the idea.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you worked with a group and there was disagreement within the group. What did you do to abate or negate the disagreements?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a manager (subordinate) who was not performing as expected. Describe the scenario and how you handled the non-performance.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Travelers.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter within the week. Had a brief phone interview discussing the role and very quick background questions. Was brought in for a first round interview about a month later.

First round was with four team members, one at a time. The first was with the hiring manager who asked typical STAR interview questions. The next three interviews were mostly me interviewing them and talking briefly about myself. They didn’t have any standard questions for me. It was an opportunity for me to interview them I guess and for them to get a feel for my personality.

I was notified of a second round interview a week later and came in a few days after that. It was a case study interview with emphasis on financial statement analysis. It was tricky but manageable. Mostly because I had never done something like that in an interview. I got an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to give bad news to someone.   Answer Question