Verizon Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Verizon

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview: Ask question about Visa status, GPA and skills. Was decline after stating my Visa status.
More questions:
Why did you applied for our company?
How did you hear about us?

Other Interview Reviews for Verizon

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon (Irving, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Interview

I applied for Verizon about a year ago through their website, when I was a senior at my university. I got a call from HR for a quick phone screen to see what I was doing in school and what I had experience with, and then I was emailed a week or two later for an in-person interview on my campus. This second interview was filled with behavioral questions from HR, and a few technical questions (generic technical questions like defining terms) from the managers. They sent me an email a couple of days after for one more interview--this time, to see what I had experience with (again) and how I interacted with the team.

Interview Questions

• The only "difficult" question I can remember was to define polymorphism and inheritance.   Answer Question

I had another offer that was with my past company when I was working as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Phone Interview

Interview Questions

• how to eliminate junk data from being persisted in database   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency, had phone interview with them the following week. Not sure that went that well (behavioral).
    Was told to apply online for all positions I was interested in and that they were having on campus interviews the following weeks (was asked for availability).
    Applied for some jobs online, got one rejections. I don't know about the others, but the on-site dates have passed...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Verizon in October 2013.

Interview

Phone Screening and then In-person

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty basic hard and soft skills. Your resume is really important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

Through a recruiter, met with team of 4 people. Very professional while decently casual. Asked questions and presented engineering problems to work through - complicated but not insanely so.
    Outright stated that they were a Serious Work Environment, long hours were expected and all sorts of no-nonsense points. While this turned off my interest, the candor was most excellent.

Interview Questions

• Here's a data grid - how would you arrange the display?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Verizon (Warren, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Too many technical environment question, technically you got to be strong

Interview Questions

• How does Processor works and whats the load capacity means?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Verizon (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Two rounds of interviews was held. First round was a phone interview round and they tested my behavioral qualities in that round. It was a pretty standard interview. For second round they gave me options for 1:1 all day interview. they flew me to new jersey headquarters. Interview was pretty basic stuff. They tested my programming skills. Overall it was a pretty good experience

Interview Questions

• They asked me some designing questions and some general programming questions !!   Answer Question