Oracle Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 8, 2017

3.1

106 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Got th interview cal through college recruitment process. And had three rounds of interview on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Mostly algorithms and few quiz questions followed by questions on resume and C++. Finally an HR round   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

Interview

It was ok

Interview Questions

• Tell us about time when you went above and beyond to facilitate on time project delivery   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviews were conducted with various teams across the 2 campuses of the company. Oracle is different than most companies as each team individually interviews a candidate for 1-2 hours at a time and makes decisions independently. The roles and job requirements varied across the teams, but the underlying role was still a software engineering position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join this team specifically, what about our product appealed to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was a college hire. They picked up my resume during a career conference. The HR sent me a list of groups who were interested in my resume and I was asked to select the groups I wanted to interview with. I was then flown to HQ and met up with the respective group heads and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Not a very technical interview. General discussions on past work and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Five rounds in total, mostly techincal some times can ask about puzzles. I got interviewed for a Java position, mostly asked to write programs.Regarding puzzles, mostly you can search in google for them as they are almost identical to the ones you find when you search for puzzles in experienced interviews

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a program for storing a emplyee hierarchy tree into one single object, string reverse using recursion,find anagrams of a string and many more   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oracle (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process is of 4 Stages.
    1. Aptitude - Technical Test, Multiple Choice Questions

2. English
    3. Basic Computer Knowledges
    4. DBMS & Programming Questions
    etc...

Each Section contains further SubGroups. And Each session has it's own time divisions.
    The main point to note before entering the Hall is, THERE IS NO NEGATIVE MARKS.

Then after the aptitude test, the shortlisted students can attend the Pen and Paper Programming Test, Technical Interview & HR Interview. Which is usually occurs at any Specific College after a gap of 1 month or something similar. Then the Technical Interview was about 3 Rounds and the questions was related to how we tackle a problem. Then the HR Interview was simple.

Interview Questions

• 1 round:
      ● Given an unordered integer array, Check whether the array is having consecutive sequence of numbers or not. Display the largest possible sequence.

Example: array {1, 5, 2, 4, 3}
        Output: Yes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Example: array {2, 5, 12, 3, 4, 11, 9, 10, 13}
       Output: No 9, 10, 11, 12, 13   1 Answer
    • ● A matrix of 0s and 1s are given. Find the number of group of 1s in the matrix, It can be both vertical and horizontal groups. The size and elements of matrix is accepted as input.   1 Answer
    • ● In a Car Stock Market, The Rate of the car varies every hour, It either increases or decreases on time. Find an algorithm for analysing a day's price chart and dispaying the efficient time of buying and selling of a car.

Example:
      10AM 11AM 12PM 1PM 2PM
         10 5 3 7 1

Buy at 12PM and sell at 1PM

Implement with complexity O(n)   1 Answer
    • Round 2
      ● Write a program to eliminate duplicate occurance of a character in a string and display '*' representing the count of each character as shown below.

String: MOHAMMED SHAKIR
      Output:
      'M' 'O' 'H' 'A' 'E' 'D' ' ' 'S' 'K' 'I' 'R'
       * * * * * * * * * * *
       * * *
       *   1 Answer
    • ● Write a program which can solve Sudoku Puzzle   1 Answer
    • Round 3
      ● Write a program to display all the possible sequence of numbers from an array which can sum up to a number inputted by the user. Implement using O(n) complexity.   1 Answer
    • ● There are M sets and each set has N1, N2,...NM number of elements respectively. Write a program to display all the combination of elements of each group.

Example:

Output: valid

Example: tuueeerr
      Output: invalid   1 Answer
    • ● Puzzle

There are 27 Boxes, each with 1kg weight. In this, One box is defective and it weighs only 800kg. How many weighings are required to find that box using common balance   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Gandhinagar, Gujarat (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

They came to hire B.Tech and M.tech people. But they totally neglected M.tech people. they made us wait. Despite having good interviews they rejected M.tech people on no solid reason. Very unprofessional behavior. In the ppt they boasted about company. That it is the best place to work with no politics. Oracle is a big brand name. We did not expect such partial behavior from the big brand company.

Interview Questions

• add number to date that is given as a string and print new date without using any calendar function.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kurukshetra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Kurukshetra (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Process began with an online test. Tested Quant, English, Basic C, C++ Questions, Flowchat based questions, Questions related to OS, DBMS & Data Structures.
    Then about 60 students were shortlisted. Out of them they recruited 5.

Interview Questions

• Find loop in a linked list. Find the start of the loop.
      Then asked me 3 puzzles.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through college. OT was on their platform. Ot has 4 sections, quant verbal , technical and one more. I was shortlisted, The interviewer was very friendly. He used to give me hints.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle (Raipur, Chhattisgarh (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

It consist of 4 rounds, first round was an aptitude test. It was of average difficulty and time management is the key to crack that round. There was 2 tech PI and 1 HR PI.

Interview Questions

• In first tech PI the questions were mainly based on Data structures, sorting algorithms, DBMS concepts ans JAVA. In second round , he asked me about my project and then told me to design a software to calculate bills of all the postpaid customers of a telecommunication company.   Answer Question