Programmer analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Programmer analyst Interview Questions

Programmer analyst Interview Questions

As a programmer analyst, you’re being hired for your brain, so expect your brain to be put to the test with challenging analytical questions. Expect technical questions about writing software and also questions about general analytical and problem solving skills. Also, you ultimately need to be able to communicate results to the business leaders, so expect to be tested on your ability to present your findings in a concise and coherent way.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many tries would it take to successfully choose a randomly-picked number from between 1 and 1000?

2 Answers

I didn't know, but I vainly tried to get it. Just keep picking a median number (500, 250, 125, etc.) until you get it right.

log2(1000) = log 1000 / log 2 ~= 10

Tell me about an experience where you were forced to handle a conflict, and what was the outcome

2 Answers

What is the most used Java class?

1 Answer

How many square feet of pizza is eaten in the US each year?

27 Answers

How you will design a hash key /hash table, what data structure you will use? He gave a hint like we should use an array and I used chaining mechanism to take care of collision. He seemed to be happy with the answer but ultimately I got rejection, not sure if they really need to hire or just having a good time pass at the expense of people who are really in need for a job.

2 Answers

There are no truly difficult questions, unless you are interviewing directly for a programming position, then you had better know the language you are interviewing.

what is your name

2 Answers

what unix editor do you use?

2 Answers

Will a Java program reach the finally block if you return from the try block?

2 Answers

Implement an intersection method for two lists. After showing a brute force method, I was asked to improve upon the method and analyze time complexity for both algorithms.

110 of 1,271 Interview Questions