Oracle Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oracle Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter in a month's time sans submitting my resuming at my University's career fair. Scheduled an interview within 20 days that followed. It was a 1 hr interview focused on Object-oriented design & principles, behavioral questions and problem solving. Got the result within 25 days from the interview day. Accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Discussed technical details of some of my projects and work-ex (described on my resume). Also discussed my strongest technical skills out of the ones I had included in my Resume.   Answer Question
  • Some behavioral questions related to performing projects in a team.   Answer Question
  • Definitions of the object-oriented principles (with examples) and explanations for differences between some of them.   Answer Question
  • Asked to code the "Fibonacci Series" program on a collaborative text editor using loop as well as recursion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Oracle

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Got a phone interview. Asked about my previous experience. Some functional questions related to PeopleSoft. Some stress and behavior tests. Pretty easy interview experience, met people from several teams. Very friendly teams.

Interview Questions

• Describe the various ways that you can create a voucher?
       How would you interface a 3rd party system with PeopleSoft?
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

You would be called by a specific team and all question will be based on the work they do
    Followed by couple of technical interviews
    Then called up by HR to finish off the process

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

I had an on-campus interview scheduled at the career fair, but it was canceled because the interviewer was sick. I was invited to fly out and interview on site anyway. It was a day-long affair, interviewing 7 times with either one or two people for 7 different teams. Questions were mostly technical, some coding and some brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Oracle is mostly a Java shop, but one interviewer asked me to code insertion sort and a few data structures in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer terms ended up being non-negotiable, though I was able to extend the offer timing to evaluate other options (total of 1 month instead of 2 weeks).

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

As a new grad, they gave me a huge list of teams interesting in interviewing me. I picked a few and did an all-day onsite with them.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

College hire program, after HR introduction call, they wanted me to do onsite interview at Oracle HQ. Met 5 teams that interested in you but I heard this is case by case. Some people met 7 teams if I remember correctly.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Very Quick. Applied online, recieved a call within 2 weeks. Had an interview within 2 weeks later. One phone screen and project. The phone screen was very simiple, basic OO prinicples, average quesitons. Things like design patterns, abstract class vs interface, just more like knowing vocab related to OO principles.

Interview Questions

• There werent really hard questions, just study CS basics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

It's simple. If you're a recent college grad, know this - Oracle only hires from the top 15 schools that are great in both ECE/CS curriculum. If you're not from the top 15, forget it. Also, historically only the top 1% (>3.90) GPAs get an on-campus interview call. Once you're on-site, it's a relatively easy process. Interview with 5 teams, pick your favorites. If there's a match, you're in

Interview Questions

• An algorithms question : You have N number of trucks with d gallons of fuel. How far can you move one truck if they can freely exchange fuel between themselves. I.E : Maximize the distance that one truck can travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got a very competitive initial package. Didn't have to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oracle (Fairfield, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

was two level of interview process.

1 coding exam and then face to face interview, inheritance,overloading and overriding, tread programming,synchronization,left join, join

2. work experiences related to their technology ,how is the customer interaction,requirement collection .

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Oracle in November 2012.

Interview

All telephonic rounds, had 4 of them 3 technical and one managerial. Basic questions on data structures and algorithms. Had some puzzles in all the rounds. Managerial round had questions to check the fit for the team.