Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The interview was multi tiered. First a phone interview, second an in office panel interview and the last is meeting with the supervisor and manager of the department you've applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position of a customer service representative?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

I saw the job on Indeed and applied on their website. Initial contact after about 3 weeks was with an Aetna in-house recruiter. This interview was mostly just asking me to summarize my background and going over the position. I was invited after another 2 weeks in for an in-person interview with the hiring managers. These were both behavioral questions and some light technical. After that, waited again for 3 weeks and was asked back for a lunch interview. This was almost a repeat of the first interview, except in a restaurant close to other strangers, which I found very awkward. I, perhaps naively, expected it to be a more casual “getting to know you” setting and it was not so I was a little unprepared for the hard questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone was wrong, and you had to deal with that.   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was invited to the phone screening 2 weeks after employee referral. The interviewer almost forgot about it on the scheduled time so I had to call her.

Claim Benefit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weirton, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Weirton, WV) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview and the interviewer was very straightforward that I was one of the first interviews and it was likely to be a couple of months until I heard any decision. I was expecting slow communication but the team was highly communicative and moved along with a sense of purpose. I was advised of my hire 6 weeks prior to my start and am able to smoothly transition out of my current job at another company.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were faced with multiple priorities and couldn’t complete them all. What did you do?   Answer Question

Network Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aetna (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Applied on Aetnas website, received a call the same day from recruiter set up interview for the next day. Recruiter said it went great and information would be passed along to hiring manager and If she was interested she would contact me directly for the interview, she called 2 days later and set up interview

Now he is the kicker!... for 2 months I was strung along to be told I was a top final candidate and that the Hiring managers manager would be reaching out to me to schedule my final interview. Well that day came and I received the generic “No Thanks email”! I was in total disbelief due to the fact that HR has told me how well my interview went with the hiring manager and that I was everything they were looking for in this position. The reason I didn’t get the job was because they decided to go on a different direction Per the recruiter.

Well thanks for wasting over 2 months for nothing!

Interview Questions

• Recruiter- where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Why do you want to leave your current employer.
      Discussed pay, traveling for Work etc   1 Answer

IT Professional Leadership Development Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aetna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Phone interview. Lasted maybe 20 minutes. Asked behavioral interview type questions. Interviewer was not very personable and sounded kind of young. Very to the point and scripted. Interviewer didn't ask very good questions in my opinion, not sure how they were going to get a good idea of me based on what they asked.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

I applied through campus and took an on-campus interview 3weeks+ ago. The interview took one hour, the first half hour was mostly behavioral questions, the second half was general technical questions based on background. Haven't received the reply yet.

Interview Questions

• Questions about different tools/platforms   1 Answer

Interview

Doesn't really apply as my company was purchased by Aetna after I was hired. I had four interviews before I was hired that were a combination of in-person and over the phone with four different individuals.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

45 minute in person interview. Divided into three parts: 1) character / personal characteristics, 2) Technical acumen, 3) Critical thinking skills. Did not solicit or ask me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: In SQL, what is the difference between a union, join and append?   1 Answer

Community Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Someone called me to schedule a phone interview. The recruiter didn’t state her name and mentioned she wouldn’t be sending a confirmation email. I prepared, cleared my day, and waited by the phone. Nothing. It has been a week since the scheduled interview date. No one has called. No one has emailed. Completely unprofessional and inconsiderate.