Cover image for Aetna

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 923 of over 923 interviews

Campus Recruiting9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Aetna

Application

I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

Interview process was a breeze. Recruiter was great and supplied ample information of what to expect working for the company. They only asked a few questions and shipped the equipment I needed to get the job done. Highly recommended!

Interview Questions
  • How long have you been in Customer Service?
    Answer Question

Aetna

Application

I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

One round of HireVue and one round of panel interview with three actuaries and one program manager (with different experience levels which was quite nice). Common behavioral questions during both rounds.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Aetna

Join the conversation on

Advertising

1m

a

Creative

I got let go and need to figure out benefits. I'm looking at two options: Cobra which continues what I had (BCBSIL and Aetna dental will cost me almost $2k) or MyChoice Market Coverage. I have to stretch my money of course, but I'm unfamiliar with MyChoice Market. What would you pick? (In NYC if it makes a difference.)

3 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Aetna? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Aetna employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Aetna

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. 1 on 1 plus another series of multiple interviews. the process took a very long time to wind its way through the bureaucracy and other nonsense. I wish it had been much faster and far more efficient

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Aetna

Application

I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

Great interview process. Very professional interactions. Timely correspondence. Their benefits and compensation packages are comprehensive so they are looking for the best fit for each role before they make an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aetna (Saint Paul, MN) in Dec 2022

Interview

Phone screen within 48 hours, job interview the next week due to holiday. Interview was 30 mins, extremely comfortable, I did not feel pressured at all. I practiced answers before hand and ran through them a couple times. My actual interview was a video chat.

Interview Questions
  • Why Aetna? Why are you seeking a new job? What are 3 qualities you would use to describe yourself? What are 3 qualities others would use to describe you? What’s one thing you think you could do better? What is customer service to you?
1 person found this interview helpful

Aetna

Application

I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

I had to submit a video interview answering six or so questions. Then I had an interview with a peer on the team. Then my final interviews were with the Lead Director and CMO.

Interview Questions
  • If I had experience segmenting customers to deliver personalized campaigns.

Aetna

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in Dec 2022

Interview

Very professional and thorough. Basic questions such as how did you handle a colleague you did not agree with? What did you do at you last position that bettered the company? How did you handle an upset patient?

Aetna

Application

I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

1-on-1 30 min. interview 1 hr panel interview with current analysts on the team Only behavioral questions; no real technicals asked rotated through panel interview then heard from each analyst about their roles and asked any further questions

Interview Questions
  • Asked so many behavioral questions. Almost all "tell me about a time when ______". Not difficult questions but felt redundant after a certain point and felt like I had drawn upon every possible experience

Aetna

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in Nov 2022

Interview

Applied online and received a text from a recruiter 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. This included basic HR questions, salary expectations and a brief overview of my resume. 1 day later HR contacted me to schedule an interview with the hiring managers. The interview was scheduled a week out. It was a teams video interview with 2 managers. They went over the position and asked if I was comfortable with the job duties. I was asked about 10 behavioral based questions (tell me about a time..). The managers gave me time to think and would happily repeat questions if I asked. The interview lasted 45 minutes and left room for questions at the end. I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker. How did you overcome this and what was the result?
  • Tell me about a time you had to learn a new computer based software.
  • What qualities can you bring to the company?
2 people found this interview helpful

Aetna

Application

I interviewed at Aetna

Interview

HR screening then an interview with the hiring manager. Final interview was with the team members. Interview was easy,I liked the team and they offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 923 Interviews

Aetna Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Aetna as 64.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for RN Case Manager and Data Scientist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Claim Benefit Specialist roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Aetna takes an average of 28 days when considering 1,023 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Customer Service Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 20 days), whereas Claim Benefit Specialist roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 52 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Aetna according to 1,023 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.54%