Aetna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aetna Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2018

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

Group interview consisting of five managers. Mostly pleasant but one of the interviewers seemed openly hostile from the very beginning. She Snickered at my responses on more than one occasion; I guess she was playing the "bad cop." The other four managers were pleasant and provided some good feedback. I left the interview with some doubts about my fit and was not offered the job.

UM Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview a week after applying, 2nd interview 2 days later. Online app the next day via email. Verbal offer the following day. Drug test the next day. Written offer 2 days later nd background check process start (expected to take 3 weeks) then 2 weeks until start date to provide notice to former employer. Everyone is so professional and helpful. Would recommend others to apply.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, how to deal with a difficult client, member. Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Program Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very disappointed in the recruiting process. The recruiter contacted me to set a date and time and I never heard back from him. I emailed my availability the same day and even sent a follow up email to confirm. I didn’t receive a response to either email, very unprofessional.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I had two phone screens with light technical questions (but mostly background and behavioral questions) and then an in person technical/behavioral day at their NYC offices, followed by a final round phone screen with a higher-level manager.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aetna.

Interview

The interview was average. It was done by two people and the questions were in relation to the position applying for. It was a bit nerve wrecking being able to respond the correct thing for two different people.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screening with recruiter, followed by group interview with current team and final interview with program director. The interview process was professional and relatively laid back.

Interview Questions

• General review of work history and scenario questions consistent with job requirements.   Answer Question

Senior Web Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aetna in January 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional and disjointed. Aetna uses contractors for their recruiting, and they aren't very good, especially out of the Phoenix office. They scheduled a phone screen with me, and then never called. Two weeks later, the same recruiter that scheduled the phone screen and then never called, called asking what my salary expectation was. Totally ridiculous, given what had happened, but I threw $130K at him. He hinted that it may be a little high, but hey, you want good, you're going to have to pay. Especially when companies these days are no longer giving out bonuses, and are handing out paltry merit increases. He said he'd let me know if the manager felt the salary was too high. He never did, what a shocker :-) He did mention (the one time I spoke with him) that "Aetna doesn't pay the lowest salary and doesn't pay the highest", meaning that if they can't get their way with you out of the gate on compensation, they'll blow you off. The very first question they will ask you is what you're looking for on salary, and if you try to dodge it with a general range, they'll still ask for a specific number. In general, that question being asked first is a very big red flag, indicating that the company is struggling financially. The days of $90K salaries for someone senior in IT ARE OVER, my friends. You will no longer find anyone good for that, and nobody in India can save your company at that point. My "experience" with Aetna was pretty horrible, and it told me to stay the hell away.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Fresno, CA).

Interview

The interview was multi tiered. First a phone interview, second an in office panel interview and the last is meeting with the supervisor and manager of the department you've applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position of a customer service representative?   1 Answer

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Very disappointing interview experience - I expected better from Aetna. I had a couple of different HR/recruiter phone screens before a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager only asked technical questions about my past projects but seemed quite hostile about choice of machine learning models used. He really got stuck on one question where he felt the ML algorithm choice was wrong in his mind (despite this being a peer-reviewed published paper and the domain not being the manager's area of expertise). There is not much a candidate can do when the hiring manager approaches the interview with such bias. The interview was not a two-way discussion, very one-sided.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past projects
      Why did you pick this machine learning model for this problem?
      Experience with A/B testing   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aetna (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Screened by HR recruiter via phone then a one on one phone interview with hiring manager also via the phone then on to the next round to an in person interview with the manager and other leaders

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions .. how would you handle a situation when you did not agree with your managers   Answer Question