Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.0

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Colonial Heights, VA).

Interview

I walked in and asked for the hiring manager and I was sent to an empty table and I waited for about 10 minutes. Then one of the employees took me to the manager. I was interviewed by two managers but it was very relaxed and they made me feel comforatable.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then called a couple days later. Manager told me to come in same day with resume. After first interview, he told me to come later that week for second interview with other manager. Had second interview with two managers. Then got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Casual, matter of fact, and very laid back. All questions and concerns were addressed, and I would have moved forward with the company had I not received an undeniable offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most influential factor of running a smooth shift?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Elk Grove, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. Pretty laid back. He mostly questioned about my availability and how long I was looking to work at Applebee's (for turnover rate purposes). He said that I seemed like a people-person and that he would refer my details to the front of house manager as well.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working with us?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Appleton, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was first called about the Applebee's job a couple weeks before my interview and an interview was scheduled but then for whatever reason I forgot about it, well I had the days mixed up. And I missed it without calling and cancelling. Woops...
    I thought that job was out of the question for sure but a couple weeks later the same Applebees called again and he never even said a word about the first interview even. I have a pretty distinct name so I know he couldnt have just forgot.
    Well the restaurant is located in Appleton, WI and I live 35 minutes North of there in Green Bay, WI. So when he scheduled the interview, he mentioned that he also lived in Green Bay and that he would meet me at Starbucks the next day for the interview to save us both a drive. Which I thought was awesome!!!
    I met him at the Starbucks and we talked for just a short period of time. He didnt ask all those questions that make you feel uncomfortable and put you under the spotlight. So that was cool and then he hired me on the spot and asked me if I could come in the next day and do orientation. I got lost and was late so I called but I got there and everyone was very welcoming. Cracked some jokes about being late lol
    But I have since started and everyone is super awesome. Im happy at this job. I have not waited my own tables yet or received tips.
    So unsure how the pay is or if its biweekly or whatever. But Im happy thus far.

Interview Questions

• What restaurant have you eaten at in Green Bay that you would say has good customer service/hospitality? And what makes their service good in your opinion?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted and started right away.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY).

Interview

20 minute interview with the general manager, we sat down at a table, interview was pretty straight forward. Make sure to inquire about hiring during non-busy times in the restaurant.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kokomo, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to call to schedule an interview which I did. The first interview was really good I interviewed with the manager and he seemed really nice and laid back and was easy to talk to. Didn't get asked many questions just why I was applying and what my availability was, etc. He then scheduled a 2nd interview with the GM for the next day and that interview was very quick. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the interview to start and once it did it lasted about 3 minutes. The GM was very nice and he asked me the exact same questions the other manager did and said they'd call me the following Monday with their decision. Didn't get a call but got a rejection email the next day.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Process took about a week. Was called in for interview. They were really nice and helpful when it came to everything. Very compliant with my schedule and super nice.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in January 2017.

Interview

Really good experience. Waited awhile for the manager to come and talk to me. She was really nice and we ended up talking a lot. Didn't really get asked questions just more about availability and "tell me a little bit about yourself". I got hired right on the spot and I start orientation next week!!

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jamaica, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and fast, got hired the same day. I applied online and got an email about a interview the next day, I officially started to work at the job 3 days after my interview.