Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

1.9

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Filled out an application off of a link on the corporate website. They called me to set up an interview. I interviewed with the manager of the business and then was called back to go through Applebee's testing.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Eagan, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied and 8 hours later they called me, I had an interview with a manager and a separate one with the GM. Both were in the general seating area. I was offered a job at the interview.

Server Interview

Interview

Quick and insightful. The job was explained in detail and then I was asked a couple of questions about myself. They also asked about my previous work experience. Also I had no questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Applebee's?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Interview

Very easy interview, i walked in and was immediately sat down with a manager. They only asked me a few questions and the rest was trying to figure out my personality.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a situation where a customer was upset, and tell me how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was very warm and friendly , straight to the point . The staff had a very high energy and they made sure to explain the process in detail . They even explained the people already in their staff and showed how the personalities were similar through our personality assessment results .

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and why you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Pleasant, quick,everyone I spoke with was nice . All seemed to be enjoying their job and coworkers. Both managers appeared to like what I said and called me back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work with Applebees   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Laid back with not a lot of pressure, questions were simple. As long as you are available a lot and have some sort of previous customer service experience they will most likely hire you.

Server Interview

Interview

Quick ten minute interview process. Asked basic interview questions. Looking for people with an upbeat attitude who can deal well with customers in all kinds of situations. Bring your smile. No previous experience required.

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was a joke. Pretty much if you breathe and can carry food you'll get the job. The Applebees that I worked at had a huge turnover rate and it was because they would hire literally anyone who walked through the door

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got really basic and generic questions so all I had to do was show a lot of personality. Honestly, they were just looking for very outgoing and energetic people.