Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surprise, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Surprise, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

A call from HR to set up a 30 minute phone interview the following day. Phone interview only lasted 15 minutes. Very simple questions. Received a call the following day to set up a interview with the area director. Met at one of their restaurants with the ADO for the interview that lasted for about two hours and then an hour shadowing the GM. Very simple, easy interview process

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I knew another manager was stealing?   3 Answers

Negotiation

They gave me what I asked for

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

Casual, matter of fact, and very laid back. All questions and concerns were addressed, and I would have moved forward with the company had I not received an undeniable offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the most influential factor of running a smooth shift?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Sacramento, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

This was a terrible experience, and I cannot believe sites like these allow them to use their platform. I was filled out application. I did their assessment which took quite a while. I then did an interview with their head hunter,, and then told that someone would reach out to me. If I didn’t hear back by Tuesday please let her know. I did so as instructed, and then I got an email. Which states that just bc they post a job opening on the site doesn’t necessarily mean they have job openings. They wil not be able to move forward with the process. I find this totally rude and inconsiderate of my time. Who does this?

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Federal Way, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with both the front of the house manager and back of the house manager who were both available the same day in order to determine which section I would be best fit. It was a lot of questions revolving around my personality, hobbies, and work ethic in order to get an understanding of the type of person I was. Both managers were fantastic and I would have felt comfortable working under either one.

Lead Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

It was an easy interview. I told them about me and what I could do. Applebee's told me what they was looking for, and what was expected of me, and also their main hours they were busy. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to handle stressful situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wages

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely easy. It only consisted of simple questions regarding the food service industry. The manager was very nice and friendly during the interview. It was very short and I was offered the job on the spot and I accepted it!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

You meet with the manager and he asked you general question. As he starred you down to see if you were lying. Everybody else who's being interviewed in very close to you in the restaurant. If you land the interview you either do orientation that day or the next.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Cleveland, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

Typical restaurant interview it went well was looking for a job while trying to find a permanent placement in my specific career field on my first year out of college

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

She’d been screaming, calling out. He’d no way of knowing how long. Maybe all day. She’d stopped when the front door slammed shut behind him.

The house was silent now. He stood and listened, as if for signs someone had heard.

Satisfied they hadn’t, he headed down into the cellar.

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Coventry, RI) in February 2010.

Interview

Dropped off application, was called the next week and asked to come in and meet with an assistant manager. Spoke with AM for 5 minutes describing my work background, was given a personality test. Was called back for 2nd interview with the GM. GM explained the training procedures and work place policies.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good team member   1 Answer