Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applebee's Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

1.9

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

It was very brief, I was able to tell they were just looking for nice smart people, to hire quick. I got interviewed 3x, it being a different manager each time. Very basic questions were asked. The last interview was pretty much telling me that since I got that far I got the job. Also, she just told me about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Applebee's?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Interview

I would be a great hostess I have customer service experience I know Iam a dependable worker and a team player also very nice person very helpful very excited to be apart of the Applebee's team

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell Gardens, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Bell Gardens, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Management is so unprofessional, I had 4 interviews AND THEY COULDN'T TELL ME YES OR NO. After my 4th interview they told me to call Tuesday. When I called one of the managers answered the phone to tell me they weren't hiring and hung up on me while being rude. This is not the best way to tell a candidate that they arent fit for the postition insterad of being lied to. I went on indeed and saw that they were hiring. Managment needs to be retrained to be more polite and compationate tworard others and more professional. If they treat CANDIDATES like that i can just imagine the customers.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Applebee's (Laramie, WY) in July 2017.

Interview

Online app, dropped off hard copy of cover letter & resume.got a call back in less than 24 hrs. had a meeting with manager, got a hired 24 hrs after that. had orientation with G.M started the next day

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you, why are you good for this job, what can you bring.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Newnan, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume through Indeed. I was contacted by HR and did a brief phone interview. I then interviewed with the Regional President and did a job preview. Everyone was very professional and answered all questions I had.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation in the past?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a interview at Applebees at 3pm. (Raleigh NC) When I got there the hiring manager was already interviewing someone else. Once it was my turn I answered a few questions. The manager was nice, laid back and very informational. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and simple. Applied for the job with no initial application (other than a general personality assessment) and was called back within 3 hours. Called back 2 days later and had an interview 2 hours later. The interview lasted about an hour and was more concerned about logistics of the job.

Server Interview

Interview

The interview was relatively easy. I met with three different managers one on one and they asked basic interview questions like why do you want to work here and what was my favorite item on the menu.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Joliet, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Came in and sat down with the general manager, asked me 2 general personality questions then went into detail about the position and pay. Told me he liked my personality and told me when orientation was.

Interview Questions

• What 3 things would you change about yourself/need to work on?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linden, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Linden, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was more of a conversation and the managers were very nice. Made the atmosphere comfy. Easy going interview. I was hired on the spot. They asked me if I'd be interested in starting out as a host.