Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Applebee's

1.9

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's (Yuma, AZ).

Interview

The first interview was asked three questions with one of the managers in the kitchen and then a week later I came for my second interview but after that had no response.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

It wasn't lengthy. It was straight to the point. They asked the general interview questions and it is 2 interviews total: One with a manager and the other with the GM.

Waiter Interview

Interview

Easy walk in. Met with manager and talked for about 30 minutes. Looked over resume. Relaxed conversation. The place was busy as it was during lunch on a week day.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Portland, OR) in January 2020.

Interview

Pretty quick could be because they are urgently hiring. I applied and got called for an interview the same day. Now I have to wait for a second interview with the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• My availability. How was it working my last jobs. Do I have experience in bussing. They really need people on the weekends so if i decide i don’t want those anymore then my hours can change dramatically.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applebee's.

Interview

I arrived 10 min early and was kept waiting until 10 min after scheduled interview start time.
    Once again I applied for the stated opening of BARTENDER. Once again, I was told they promote bartenders from within after starting as a server. Why do companies do this? Stop advertising for a bartender when you will only hire servers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. That is when I stated I have years of bartending experience and was told have to be a server first.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

Simple enough. Straight forward. Did not disappoint. Very very very nice staff. Would recommend others to try. Easy to get to and answer questions. Polite manager too. Offered me water.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very informative, welcoming. I meet with 1 manager and one human resource person. The interview went smooth and it was very organized. The interview was in the company’s HQ. I meet the people individually.

Cashier, Server, Kitchen Help, Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (Lexington, VA) in August 2019.

Interview

They literally just asked about me, asked if I had experience. I did not and they really didn't care, got me in immediately and worked 40+ hrs for 1-2 years.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Hamilton, NJ) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview was very easy, asked basic questions, talked to one manager and the supervisor. They also spent time explaining the position and values of Applebees. The interview process was quick and easy and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give me three reasons I should hire you   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's in June 2019.

Interview

Before I went in for the interview, I researched on Glassdoor for possible questions so I would be prepared. Because I did this, nothing caught me off guard and I was able to have a well put together answer for everything. It was very relaxed (he literally sat me down at a table in the middle of the restaurant and the other servers were making conversation with me while I waited). There were supposed to be two parts, but if you do well enough with the first one, that should be enough. Probably took about 20 minutes or so, they're looking more at your appearance and personality than anything else, so just form coherent answers with a smile on your face and you should be fine.