Applebee's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Elk Grove, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. Pretty laid back. He mostly questioned about my availability and how long I was looking to work at Applebee's (for turnover rate purposes). He said that I seemed like a people-person and that he would refer my details to the front of house manager as well.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on working with us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (New York, NY).

Interview

20 minute interview with the general manager, we sat down at a table, interview was pretty straight forward. Make sure to inquire about hiring during non-busy times in the restaurant.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kokomo, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day to call to schedule an interview which I did. The first interview was really good I interviewed with the manager and he seemed really nice and laid back and was easy to talk to. Didn't get asked many questions just why I was applying and what my availability was, etc. He then scheduled a 2nd interview with the GM for the next day and that interview was very quick. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the interview to start and once it did it lasted about 3 minutes. The GM was very nice and he asked me the exact same questions the other manager did and said they'd call me the following Monday with their decision. Didn't get a call but got a rejection email the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Process took about a week. Was called in for interview. They were really nice and helpful when it came to everything. Very compliant with my schedule and super nice.

Host/Hostess Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's in January 2017.

Interview

Really good experience. Waited awhile for the manager to come and talk to me. She was really nice and we ended up talking a lot. Didn't really get asked questions just more about availability and "tell me a little bit about yourself". I got hired right on the spot and I start orientation next week!!

Lead Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applebee's (West Valley City, UT).

Interview

It was an easy interview. I told them about me and what I could do. Applebee's told me what they was looking for, and what was expected of me, and also their main hours they were busy. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• Did I know how to handle stressful situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly wages

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

Fairly normal for the restaurant business, first one when good I had work for Applebee's before in another state. So I talked about my experience there. Contest I won. The general manager conducted the second interview. He went over what I should expect and we schedule my first training day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you and your experience with applebees   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applebee's (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The interview was very laid back, I felt super comfortable. The interview didn't take long either. I got the job that day too which I didn't expect. I say just to be yourself.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Laid back. Honest. Realistic. You fit or you don't so be yourself. Previous restaurant experience preferred in kitchen or front of house. If you weren't successful at serving or cooking, maybe it's not for you. Training is a big part of the job. Frequent analysis of business metrics is required. Be ready to talk about this.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best fit for our company?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applebee's (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very short a few questions . She hired me on the spot and I accepted the offer. It took a couple of days but they gave me my training schedule a week later